Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                04-17-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
My gf has been wakeboarding for 4 years. She can clear the wake and do grabs and 180's, and has good control of her board. Right now she is using my old old LF search 135 and I am looking to get her a new board. What are your opinions on the Cadence and Angel, and which do you think is better.

Thanks
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-17-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
Hi, I havent tried the Angel, but I have the Cadence and I really like it. It is the perfect combination for me, because it has a 3 stage rocker that gives me the pop that I want, has soft landings and it is not a slow board but it isnt too fast either which is perfect for me. I really feel that this board has helped in my progress. Ive heard great things about the Angel too, so it may come down to personal preference.
Old     (kathleen)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-18-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
Hey guys! Thanks for your interetst in our boards. I'd like to offer my knowledge on our gear. Both the Angel and the Cadence are high-end women-specific boards but they are polar opposites in shape. The Angel is very fast, grabby on the water and gives tons of speed and power to a rider who feels like she can't get enough. It has 3 fins--two of them are cupped and that gives the extra grab and edge so digging your heals or toes into the water gives an instant reaction from the board--much like an accelerator. It's rocker is a little more mellow so it rides very smooth. The Cadence on the other hand is much more focused on pop. It has a softer rail system and doesn't sit IN the water like the Angel. It sits more ON TOP of the water: the very center of the board is flat which makes surface spins and tricks very easy. Its rocker is a little more dramatic which gives stronger pop but will feel slower than the Angel. In general the Cadence might be considered a step up from the Angel becasue the Angel will help a rider develop good edging and power and then after a rider has mastered that they can move onto the Cadence to improve their pop. But the Angel has plenty of pop too as Melissa Marquardt shows us! Its really a matter of preference and not a question of one being better than the other. I hope that helps!