Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                03-14-2006, 10:32 PM Reply   
Hey there, just started out riding last summer. Just bought a new board, and bindings. Wanted to check to see if there were any TALLER ladies out there, and what boards they ride. Also do any of you ladies ride mens boards?? and why/why not??

I got the mens OBRIEN "Oasis" 137

i am 5'10" (closer to 5'11")
and 150 pounds, give or take a few.

i still am able to exchange the board, so you can be honest! ;)

\m/

-cheers
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-15-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
I think there is no difference in riding either a men or girl board, only the graphics! I think sometimes the girl boards are a little lighter. If you want to go for a girl board in that size, I think the Obrien Vixen comes in 137. I used to ride a mens board, the State, I sometimes ride my boyfriends Watson and I started on his old board also. I now ride the Cadence which is a girl board, but mainly because it is the Substance design with other graphics and the Cadence came in my size, the Substance didnt. Just find a board that you like the way it rides regardless of it being a mens board or girl board
Old                03-15-2006, 10:42 PM Reply   
Thanks girl. I will check out those boards.

So do you think the 137 is an okay size for my height and weight..??
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
Yeah, for your weight you could go down to a 134, but you are tall, so maybe the possible stances in that board wont be comfortable for you. But the 137 is going to be good, you'll get good pop and soft landings!
Old     (elisa)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-16-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
don't get a smaller board. I am the same size as you. I rode on a 135 for my first couple years, then moved to a 138...so much better. fyi my stance is all the way out.
Old     (yelle)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
Right now I ride a 138 substance and I am 5'4" and 135lbs. I love this board, I have tried a few others but never a girls board.
Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-16-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
Really, height doesn't matter when it comes to choosing a board, its really all about personal preference. Some small guys like big boards and some big guys like small boards, and the same goes for girls boards. When selecting a board, don't descriminate based on if its a men's or women's boards, the only thing that separates them out are the graphics.
Old                03-23-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
thanks everyone for the help! I think I'm going to stick to the 137 mens...at least for now. Thanks cris for the stance tip.

...summer is taking to long to get here!!