Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (imbiss)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-06-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
Ran boat about 2 he's today, mainly boarding with stock ballast full. Started surfing and five minutes later boat just quit. Red light was on dash was on, not flashing. Wouldn't start, fisherman pulled us in. Whole time oil temp and pressure read fine, and half a tank of gas. Any ideas?
The killer is that I just bought the boat on Sat. Today was first day out.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       09-06-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
When you try to start it does it crank? How is the battery voltage?
Possible fuel gauge issue? Check to see if engine is getting fuel. Can spray some carb cleaner down the intake and see if engine will run and start on that. If so, then you have a fuel issue.
Old    SamIngram            09-06-2010, 3:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbiss View Post
Ran boat about 2 he's today, mainly boarding with stock ballast full. Started surfing and five minutes later boat just quit. Red light was on dash was on, not flashing. Wouldn't start, fisherman pulled us in. Whole time oil temp and pressure read fine, and half a tank of gas. Any ideas?
The killer is that I just bought the boat on Sat. Today was first day out.
Check the manual!
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-06-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
Check the kill switch
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-06-2010, 9:21 PM Reply   
pull kill switch. re attach kill switch. Reset breaker (underneath dash). Wait a minute. Restart.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-07-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
The old kill switch gets everyone at some point.
Old     (samhanna)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-07-2010, 8:01 AM Reply   
Def. sounds like a kill switch... Some boats have very sensitive ones
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-07-2010, 4:41 PM Reply   
I had a similar issue-- my guy who is an expert and former Nautique factory dude looked at it and said he saw the same thing at the Aussie masters. It was the line to shifter lever. It was too short and he found the same thing on my boat. Could be that.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-07-2010, 5:10 PM Reply   
hate to say it but you checked the throttle to make sure its not in gear right?

i know people that have got towed in to find out they had it in gear while trying to start it
Old     (justsan)      Join Date: May 2009       09-07-2010, 10:04 PM Reply   
Would really like to hear what the outcome was...B CM?
Old     (imbiss)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-10-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
I drove it an hour to the dealer, they replaced the crank position sensor, cap and rotor, and put a new fuel filter on. I'm going out again tomorrow. I hope it runs ok.
Thanks to all for help.