Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       07-13-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
In the past on this forum I have openly been a critic of Wet Sounds Speakers. When we got our 2010 247 the tower speakers come with MB Quartz. I thought they may do ok because I had some good amps pushing them. I was wrong.

I also wanted to be able to hear my self think in the boat and yet have my surf rider be able to jam out to some tunes while shredding.

I talked to a good friend of mine who runs another boating forum about this. He suggested that I revisit Wet Sounds and they have come out with a direct 6X9 replacement for the new MB Quart Malibu Tower Speakers called the PRO 696 RS. He also suggested I get the WS 420 EQ.

We did. Tim thanks for taking care of us. We really appreciate it. The results are without a doubt every thing we wanted. The PRO 696's project sound so well. I am really impressed by this. We can use the WS 420 to reduce the volume on the internal boat speakers and turn the volume up on the tower speakers. The result is the rider hears crystal clear music and the driver can carry on an audible conversation with the observer. The best of both worlds. The rider can hear tunes and I can hear my self think.

I AM OFFICIALLY A WET SOUNDS FAN. THANKS TIM.
Attached Images

Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-13-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
Thats a pretty slick set-up lol Love they way you'd hardly look at it twice thinking its just another 6x9 setup and then they get cranked up and BLAM! lol
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-13-2010, 5:37 PM Reply   
You have a pic of the housing they came in or did you already have that?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-13-2010, 6:48 PM Reply   
They don't come in an enclosure as of yet.

I think that looks great! I don't know what it is but i love the look of 6x9's
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       07-13-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Those are the factory Titan tower speakers. They came with MB Quarts. Wet Sounds Made those to replace the MB's. The Pro 696's do come with grills. however they would not fit these cans.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-13-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
Wow that is pretty sick. What an awesome way to use the Titan enclosures. Props to Tim.
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-13-2010, 9:38 PM Reply   
Looks like the grill may slighly disrupt the dispertion of the horn a little, but minimal at that.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-13-2010, 10:42 PM Reply   
Looks great!
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       07-14-2010, 6:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawshogg View Post
Looks like the grill may slighly disrupt the dispertion of the horn a little, but minimal at that.
If it does you sure CANT tell behind the boat.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-17-2010, 8:28 PM Reply   
So are they loud enough to hear when wakeboarding 80 feet back? I personally prefer the look of a 6x9 and the hang height is better. However I am curious how they compair to say a pro 80. Im looking at doing 4 of these 6x9s if they can produce really well for wakeboarding.
Old     (jacobs0222i)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-18-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdr38 View Post
So are they loud enough to hear when wakeboarding 80 feet back? I personally prefer the look of a 6x9 and the hang height is better. However I am curious how they compair to say a pro 80. Im looking at doing 4 of these 6x9s if they can produce really well for wakeboarding.
Tim described them as being between the Pro 80's and Pro60's.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-21-2010, 1:21 AM Reply   
why does your wetsounds 420 look different then mine (toggles in the middle)?!?!?