Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (jroth97gt)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-21-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
Hey guys,
I just ordered some simer pumps from B.E. Atlas for a ballast install and I had a message from them after work saying they were "discontinued." They supposedly only make the BW85P which has the puddle scoop and conveniently run almost $30 more per pump. Can anyone help me out with this? I am looking for 2 pumps asap and am not sure where to look now. I don't want to be stuck with spending $100+ on pumps...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-21-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
Joe, I just ordered one last week for my system. One of them burned out. I paid 115 delivered. Not sure what they were going to cost on BE atlas but 99 plus shipping didn't seem too bad. A lot cheaper than Jabsco's. There was another site that had them for 87 or so but were out of stock for the next couple of weeks.

http://www.usahardware.com/inet/shop/item/80000/icn/20-512483/simer_pump_flotec/bw85p.htm
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-21-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
I ran into the same problem about a month ago I called to order 2 more pumps just to have for extras and they told me the same thing. I think they finally caught on that they could be making more money off of us
Old     (jroth97gt)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-21-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
Well that stinks!! When I bought 3 pumps a little over two years ago for my old boat they were only about 65 bucks a piece...I guess times have changed!
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-21-2008, 10:26 PM Reply   
when I bought mine last year they were $77 each shipped and now they're $115 shipped thats Bull$h|t
Old     (lather104)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-23-2008, 4:07 PM Reply   
Just picked up 2.

http://www.hardwareworld.com/Misc-Pumps-cW3AUCB.aspx
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-23-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
FNA Nice work . . . Now I'm not pissy :-)
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-24-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
I found that one too, but if you notice the status it says backordered. I also paid over $100 for my pump from atlas, they sent the right box with the wrong pump, then send and charged me for two more pumps, so at one point I had paid for three and only had one of the right ones. Still waiting for a refund on the last one......need to call tomorrow to follow up.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
Okay, I need to bump this post to the top! I am setting up my first semi-auto ballast system and SIMPLE is the name of the game.

One sac under the rear ski locker. One reversable sump pump (BW85P). Fill and drain from either main boat drain hole or raw water pump intake. Also setting up a tee in the line to divert to an optional floor sac for surfing on port side of motor.

Boat is an 87 Supra Sunsport DD open bow.

BE Atlas now wants over $100 for the BW85P Simer pump, but shipping is free.

The link provided above to Hardware World is now IN STOCK for $ 74.54, has a 90 day warranty, and includes an extra impeller kit. Ground shipping for me was $8.50. Manufacturer is Flotec.

Flotec, I think this is probably the brand you would find at Home Depot. The part number is the same, BW85P. I can't find anything by searching directly on HD webpage.

Johnson and Wayne are other brands I have seen.

I think I may purchase from HW. That link again is:
http://www.hardwareworld.com/Mini-Vac-Pump-WAcc12-volt-p7OAK2H.aspx

Any comments greatly appreciated!

(Message edited by wakemikey on June 04, 2008)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-04-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
i just had to buy another one. Wish I would have bought that one instead.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
Here is a link to check live stock of Flotec brand BW85P reversible dry-priming sump pump ~$85 shipped UPS ground through Hardware World:

https://www.hardwareworld.com/stockstatus.aspx?pdx=7OAK2H

3 left right now...
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
I've now melted the pump unit from running it dry, my fault. So, now I have two motors and a burned up pump unit.

Anybody have a pump with a bad motor? We could do a swap.

Chris
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-08-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
I have a 2 pumps both with bad motors I believe. I will check the pump part of it and make sure it looks ok. I wouldn't mind having an extra pump/motor in case one one of mine goes bad. I will take a look in a few and get back to you.

(Message edited by polarbill on June 08, 2008)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-08-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
Wakejunky, I just took the covers of both my bad motors and the impeller housing doesn't show any signs of warping. Both impellers are probably close to being dead though. I will take them with me to work tomorrow. Let me know if you want me to ship you one of them.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-08-2008, 10:52 PM Reply   
While we are on the subject...

I had purchased a couple spare impellers when I had the Simers on my old boat. Now I have 3 pumps on my new boat so I would like to get some spare impellers.

Anybody have the source for impellers?
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-09-2008, 5:18 AM Reply   
I thought if you ran it dry you just burned out the impeller which is cheap and easily replaceable? Aren't these Simer pumps supossed to be dry priming and not need water? I was planning on putting mine almost 6' away from the water source. Is this too much 'dry line' to prime???
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-09-2008, 6:02 AM Reply   
Wasn't there silicone impellors that fit the Water Puppy pumps? I looked into trying to find the same impellor for the Blue Waters but, couldn't get any information from Blue Water as to the dimensions for cross reference.

Brett, Let me know if your pumps are in good shape. Impellors are cheap replacements as it is.

Chris
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-09-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
WakeJunky, I brought one of them to work. It appears to be in fine shape. If you want to give me a call I can take a CC over the phone or if you want to send me a check for the shipping I an send it out.

Either that or if you have a good motor and want to send that out here to me I will just send you the pump.

Phone number is 800-234-2981.

Brett
Old    d_fresh            06-09-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
Where do you buy impellars?!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-09-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
From the literature that comes with the pump the part # is 416-011.

Google search revealed this link:
http://www.pumpagents.com/cgi-bin/store.pl

Searching their site for 416-011 gives a link to buy impellers for $12.99 each, not positive if they are the right ones but it's likely.