Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-11-2013, 8:20 AM Reply   
I just picked up a 2000 SAN and looking for a bimini. I like how this one attaches to the tower. Anyone know where I can get one or who they are made by?
Attached Images

Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       09-11-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
towerbiminis.com has a custom top for the SAN. Last time I checked they were on sale but that was at the beginning of summer.
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       09-11-2013, 11:37 AM Reply   
Not exactly the same but I got this one from bulletlines.com at the beginning of the year for $400 (probably could get it for the same price or cheaper if you talk with him). It has held up well thus far and I like it, no rattle and clothe still looks perfect. Towerbiminis are likely a bunch better but it wasn't in my budget.
Attached Images

Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-11-2013, 12:48 PM Reply   
Nick that doesn't look too bad and more in my budget. Does it fold up okay? Is it a pita to take up and down?
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       09-11-2013, 1:22 PM Reply   
It does not fold up. I store my boat in the garage with the tower folded and I just undo the front two supports. It does not take much time at all; I can get the boat out of the garage and water ready in about 10 minutes.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-11-2013, 1:31 PM Reply   
Gotcha. Can you tow with it up?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       09-11-2013, 1:36 PM Reply   
Simple and effective! I dig it, Beleza if you want to preserve the life of your bimini try not to tow with any bimini up. Unless of course you're 5 minutes from the ramp. The mounts will hold up just fine, but those things become a sail at 55mph + and while it may hold up the first handful of trips, it will wear and tear much faster on the canvas.
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       09-11-2013, 3:45 PM Reply   
I live 1/2 mile from the ramp so I don't get over 20 MPH. At waterski speeds and WOT there is no rattling or noise from the bimini but as Dave said its better not to do it if you can but I would bet it'd be okay.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-11-2013, 4:56 PM Reply   
Cool. Good info guys. I'm emailing bulletlines right now.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-11-2013, 5:04 PM Reply   
towerbiminis.com for the win.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-11-2013, 6:32 PM Reply   
These guys made it for me(that's my boat).

http://www.sewlong.com/boats/tops/fo...ampoline-tops/
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-11-2013, 8:03 PM Reply   
Thanks EJ! Awesome boat btw. Looks like that company is in utah which is where I live so that might workout good. I couldn't find any pics of the bimini folded on there website. Is it pretty functional?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-11-2013, 8:10 PM Reply   
Thanks.

Yep....easy up and down. Folds up and sits up just under the top of the tower.. I'll look for some pics of it in the up position.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-11-2013, 8:21 PM Reply   
Looks similar to a Z5 Bimini on my 230. The nice thing is that if are done with a hard frame you can drive with them to the boat launch. Also you can use them to store boards on top as well.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2013, 7:09 AM Reply   
Folded up.... Excuse my lazy ash and lack of making the cover symmetrical....

Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-12-2013, 9:11 AM Reply   
My dad and I made one for his Nautique which mimics my Z5 bimini. Used tower clamps (believe he got online from monster towers,) and circular aluminum framing. The bimini is solid as a rock (can town with it on under 55 mph), and has padded storage racks on top for surfboards and extra wakeboards, skis etc. We welded it together, however, you could do it with slip joints (smaller pipe inside to span the connections) and screws. Just an idea
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-12-2013, 10:24 AM Reply   
Looks good. Thanks for the pics EJ. If I can afford one of those bad boys I think I will go that route. Btw do you live in southern utah? All that red rock looks awfully familiar...
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   
Salt Lake(Murray).

Pic at the first of the thread is @ Lake Powell(Wahweap side), last two are at Sand Hollow. There is a house(seen in the pic) we have rented on occasion. It's like a mile from the launch ramp.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-12-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
I thought that was sand hollow. The house must be in Dixie Springs? I live in hurricane. Thanks for the info, I will see if i can get a hold of that company in slc and get some quotes.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2013, 10:56 AM Reply   
Excellent, hope it works out for you. I have been very happy with it. My only real experience with the company, other than the purchase(done through Taylor's when I bought the boat new), was a time I was at Lake Powell and the owner(assuming this) came up to me at the dock. He ask me about how I liked the bimini, ect. Told him I loved it, he said we make them and have changed the brackets, stop by and I'll switch them out for you.

I never did, as everything is perfect and why mess with a good thing....still never had a problem and that was 5-6 years ago. Long and short of it, I thought it was a nice offer.

Not sure which neighborhood the house is in. If you look straight into the pic and started walking, through the garage, kept walking, you'd hit the dam in about a half mile. For whatever that is worth....
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-12-2013, 11:05 AM Reply   
Yep Dixie Springs. I live about 5 minutes from there. We were super close to building a house in there. Thanks again for all the info