Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-14-2012, 6:12 AM Reply   
Ready to start hitting a 360 spin off of the kicker at the cable park. But what starts the spin? My feet? Body motion? And where do I start it? Need help! Thanks
Old    alanp            04-14-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
ive only ridden a system 2.0 cable 2x so im by no means a cable guy but i did throw some 3s off a kicker mostly bc they are no different than behind a boat. search the tips section for 3's there is all the useful info you would need. good luck
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-16-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
Andrew I actually threw my first 3 off a kicker and now land them consistently behind the boat. You start the spin after takeoff, as spinning on the jump is called prespinning and frowned upon. So after you have pushed off and are well on your way into the air, Throw your arm, bring the handle to the small of your back, grab it and lean away from the handle. If youre doing a fs 3, it should be that simple, turn your head and throw your arm and you should have no problems rotating it as long as you nail that handle pass. Hope this helped!
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-16-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
That gives me a visual. Thanks Man
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-17-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
Initiate the spin by pulling the handle with both hands toward your back hip (assuming frontside spin). This pull should be a pretty hard tug and should make it so there is no line tension during the handle pass. At the same time as you pull the handle look over your front shoulder in the direction you are spinning. Once you initiate the spin focus on getting the handle pass. If it is really hard to get the handle you are not pulling hard enough on the initiation of the spin. If you make it around on the 3 but land with slack in the rope you are pulling too hard. When you find the right pull the trick will become pretty easy.