Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-06-2015, 12:01 PM Reply   
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...stang-rocket/?

Gaplin Auto Sports and Fisker are gonna make this a production modle. It's one mean looking machine!

100k for the Base Modle
125k for the 725 Hp modle
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-07-2015, 6:44 AM Reply   
"Model" lol
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-07-2015, 8:22 PM Reply   
I love Detroit muscle. They look sick with the wide body. But a 100K base for a late model Mustang? That new GT 350 or the R version with a flat plane crank V-8 for 60K has me wanting one.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-08-2015, 6:00 AM Reply   
I'll take the GT 350R too. I just don't see spending that much for a mustang. I would rather modify it myself for a lot less money.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-08-2015, 8:37 AM Reply   
I guess your paying for the fact that you won't see to many of these things running around. For $125k I to would be looking at other exotics. But I wonder how this would do against exotics of equal price. I saw this video of a Stock Doge Hellcat going up against a Lamborghini Huracan in a street race and it was embarrassing for the Lambo the HellCat spanked it over and over again. You wouldn't want to be driving a Exotic and have some Mustang take you to the woodshed.

http://youtu.be/e5bfNtrCdPU
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-08-2015, 8:51 AM Reply   
Those are pretty sweet rides but I'd rather drive my dads 65GT or 64.5 Covertible at a nice cruising speed.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-09-2015, 6:28 AM Reply   
Lambo/exotic owners aren't buying these cars for the best " bang for your buck" value. having owned a few "exotics", it's more about the styling/exclusivity/driving experience IMO.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-10-2015, 7:00 AM Reply   
i think the gt 350 is going to be a great car. I am putting a deposit on a new 991 gt3.2 second gen coming middle of next year. I have been a porsche buy over the years, but grew up building 80's mustangs and bet the new 350 it the bee's knee's the problem with a lot of exotics is market value. once you get over 100k you have a lot of options and cars sit for ever
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-11-2015, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I guess your paying for the fact that you won't see to many of these things running around. For $125k I to would be looking at other exotics. But I wonder how this would do against exotics of equal price. I saw this video of a Stock Doge Hellcat going up against a Lamborghini Huracan in a street race and it was embarrassing for the Lambo the HellCat spanked it over and over again. You wouldn't want to be driving a Exotic and have some Mustang take you to the woodshed.

http://youtu.be/e5bfNtrCdPU
Huracan is no slouch (2.5 sec 0-60, 1/4 mil in 10.6 sec).(Hellcat 2.9 0-60 - 10.7 1/4) Drivers make a big difference, especially in a short light to light race. As soon as they get to a turn the Hellcat is done. I doubt that these 2 cars are cross shopped other than for buyers that have one of each in their collection. R8 Spyder with the V-10 is in the 125K range. That would definitely get more split tail than the mustang.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-21-2015, 6:42 AM Reply   
went out to a friend’s ranch this weekend, he's got a 4600 ft runway...he said bring your car after a 2 hr drive to get there. Here’s a few runs. made maybe 10/15 runs. these are from the first few runs, trying to figure out how fast you could go w/o running out of runway. at 150+ the end of the runway comes up pretty fast.

Hearing the audio the egear transmission feels really quick inside the car, but you can tell how slow it is compared to the newer dual clutch systems

https://youtu.be/Q1NgPyahF7I
https://youtu.be/TyXPtnOQ4Xc
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-21-2015, 9:14 AM Reply   
^^ Sick!!! That thing sounds so good!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-23-2015, 4:18 PM Reply   
Your Friend Has a 4600 Foot runway on his ranch. WOW! We wanna see what's in the HANGER 4600 is for sure not a "Short field" So hopefully he has got something FUN!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-04-2016, 2:14 PM Reply   
He (his company) owns a citation V and a king air turbo prop (not sure which model, not a plane guy....lol) but he's pretty cost conscience, and only uses them to fly in from business trips when he’s taking customers out there. Hangar was empty when I was there. It’s only a 2 hour drive from his house. His customers use the runway for their planes more than he does.