Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jroll)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-17-2014, 8:31 AM Reply   
So I was hooking up my new stereo system over the weekend and while trying to hook up the ground to the engine block I noticed a crack in the bell housing. So immediately I panicked and hooked up the water hose to make sure everything was ok. The engine started great and was running fine until I put into gear. It made a horrible metal grinding on metal sound. It ran great the last time out last summer before I winterized it. How did this happen? Has anyone else had this happen? I was told by my local dealer that the engine would have to be pulled? I would think you can pull the v-drive off without pulling the entire engine?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-17-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
Your drive plate exploded. You just didnt notice it last year, probably had all winter to rust and get clanky too.
If you can support the rear of the engine while you take off the V drive, reversing gear and bell housing then sure, do it in place.
A shop with a fork truck or hoist knows they can do it faster and better by pulling the whole thinig in one big piece.
Think of it as an opportunity to service all the stuff you normally cant get to without bleeding.
Get the bilge hospital clean, new bilge pump, R&R any rusty clamps, service rudder log, shaft log, blower, tidy up any plumbing or wiring that may be adrift.
get the shop to pull it Friday and set it Monday. That gives you all weekend to clean house.

How is that for a silver lining?