Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-11-2008, 9:08 PM Reply   
I will most likely be transferring down to Long Beach for school next year and would like any info on the schools wake team/club. I've tried the team website and emailed but the site doesn't seem to have been updated for quite some time and I have not received a response. If anyone can help me out with info and/or lead me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. I know there is a collegiate section but I am hoping someone actually sees this here. Thanks.
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-11-2008, 9:56 PM Reply   
Hi Kellen- I am one of the club officers and team captains at LBSU. I apologize for our website, we are currently building a completley new and much more sophisticated site that should be up and running within the next week or so. Basically this year has been a rebuilding year for our program, with myself and the other officers being a completely new crew and taking the reins.
The way our program works is as follows: we have a club and a team, the club is open to everyone and we are constantly encouraging people to come out and join. Our club days are every friday and the this is when we go out to the marine stadium, where we ride, and everyone rides, usually we have a grill with burgers, dogs and some sodas out there and overall they are really fun days and a great opportinutiy for people to meet and hang out.
The team is a competition team made up of riders from the club. this year we will be attending and competeing in Cal-Poly's GraduWAKEtion, and we will be entering around 3 and posibbly more comps next semester, as well as hosting one of our own at the stadium. The team riders take the boat out and practice usually 2-3 days a week outside of fridays and based on the schedule of the members. We have some exciting stuff goin on this semester, a spring break trip to the blythe river, as well as another trip after spring break, and we are working on an even bigger semester to kick off the next school year. Our current boat is a Calabria Pro-V, however our boat will be going up for sale May 1 and we are looking forward to getting a new towboat.
We have some great sponsors that are helping out our program right now, the main ones being Liquid Force, Kicker Audio, and Notion Clothing. If you have any questions post them up here or email me personally at cmorsilli@yahoo.com. If you are going to be in the area i strongly encourage you to contact us and come check out our program. Thanks for the intrest.
Chris Morsilli
LBSU Wakeboarding
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-11-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
Thanks so much. I'll email you shortly.