Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ILikebooty)      Join Date: Mar 2015       05-02-2020, 3:48 AM Reply   
Sup fellas. I’ve been on an LF Remedy for 5 seasons, and as my riding style progressed I’m looking for a new board. I LOVE the way the remedy popped, but it’s super locked into the water. Tracks like a train so it’s not as fun to break loose and get surfy.

So I’m looking for a board that has an aggressive and abrupt pop but is easier to break loose. I don’t want it to be so loose that it’s hard to track into the wake, but just loose enough to break free. I Don’t love flex boards. Never been a hyperlite guy, but now that they picked up Twelker I can’t help but lean toward their boards hahaha their team is one of my favorites.

Open to suggestions but here’s what I’m thinking:

Hyperlite:
New Rusty
Blue Print
Nova
Source
Ronix One
LF RDX
LF
Connelly Standard

I know there’s a lot there but my shop doesn’t allow demoes so I’m back here at trusty wakeworld! Thanks guys!!
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-02-2020, 11:46 AM Reply   
Highly recommend the riot. Super fun shape, aggressive, poppy and playful not locked in
Old     (blazer)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-02-2020, 12:25 PM Reply   
Interesting to recommend the Riot; I went from the Remedy to the Riot and didn’t like it at all! I’ve only got 2 sets on the RXT but so far it definitely checks the boxes; fast, rails hard when you want, breaks free easy and tons of pop... also crazy light.
Old     (ILikebooty)      Join Date: Mar 2015       05-03-2020, 10:33 AM Reply   
Id be all over the RXT if I could find an old one for cheaper than 800 bones I just can’t justify spending that much especially because my remedy is still fine and will get the job done. Any boards similar to the RXT that I won’t have to sell my kidney for?? Lol
Old     (ILikebooty)      Join Date: Mar 2015       05-03-2020, 10:35 AM Reply   
I have a pretty good deal on a 2016 CWB Standard, does anyone know how it would ride and pop as compared to the remedy?
Old     (Gtvrb)      Join Date: Oct 2016       05-03-2020, 11:22 AM Reply   
Why not experiment with smaller fins? How big are the ones you are using now? I am not familiar with that board but it looks like it has replaceable fins.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-04-2020, 1:41 AM Reply   
I agree 100% with the fins. My friend grinded some of his liquid force fins down and it rode like a completely different board. I think he even left the edges blunt. Another experience is with my Ronix board, they had 0.8" grind fins with blunt edges and 1" fins with sharp edges that it came with. It was a small difference in the size comparison, but I did not like how the board rode with the 1" fins - too much traction and released off the wake really late (no forgiveness to mistakes).