Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-26-2014, 11:11 AM Reply   
Anyone been in and behind both boats to give a comparison on wakeboard wake that's forgiving on the landing and is reliable?? etc.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-26-2014, 5:37 PM Reply   
Year(s) of the VLX?
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-26-2014, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
Year(s) of the VLX?
Would like an '05+ but unfortunately my Budget only allows for '02-'04.
I am not one of those ..."What color 2015 should I get?" ....guys.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-26-2014, 8:53 PM Reply   
I used to ride an 04 VLX all the time. That wake is really good, much better than an sv211 can make.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-27-2014, 8:05 AM Reply   
I cant comment on the wake ofthe vlx, but im a huge fan of the 211. They throw a nice wake that will boot you pretty well, as its fairly steep. The interiors are also ve rd y nice on the 211. The downside is the interior space on the 211 is a little tight
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-27-2014, 7:43 PM Reply   
I have a 211 and prefer the boarding wake of the VLX. The 211 wake gets steep but the ramp is very short. The VLX wake is thicker and better for landing big jumps. I typically land out in the flats behind my 211 and it's tough on the knees.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-27-2014, 8:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski View Post
I have a 211 and prefer the boarding wake of the VLX. The 211 wake gets steep but the ramp is very short. The VLX wake is thicker and better for landing big jumps. I typically land out in the flats behind my 211 and it's tough on the knees.
What year was VLX did you ride behind?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-27-2014, 8:15 PM Reply   
Vlx all day long for strictly boarding

While no doubt the wake in the 211 will satisfy most and is nice and poppy, the VLX just has a much better less chopped up interior which will allow you to build its wakes to a meaty smooth ramp.The 211 gets dicey once you want to add extra ballast. The unique interior layout makes it hard to add extra ballast and keep it hidden. The VLX has a ton of storage, bit more interior room and a wake that will have much longer and smoother transitions. The VLX will require more weight to get the wakes building and it really likes bow weight.

Last edited by xstarrider; 11-27-2014 at 8:18 PM.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-28-2014, 1:43 PM Reply   
I have a 211 and like it fine. It's probably true that its wake is short and steep. But, even though I'm not very good I can jump the wakes toeside both regular and switch. I think that's due to the steep wake. I go out as far as I want and ... and ... start standing tall from there. I drift in with the nose of the board pointed to the nearside corner of the transom. Where the undisturbed water surface changes into roughened water, I just rock into the wake a little bit, something like bending the legs and stiffening them again on a trampoline jump. After that it's an easy vertical pop. Anyway, a short steep wake rewards an approach with the board about parallel to the wake. I can't do a tantrum, but all my guests who can tantrum the hell out of the wake.