Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2020, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Anyone who thinks this way about the world is a danger to society. But then we already knew that about you.
What way? What would make me dangerous to society?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-08-2020, 8:07 PM Reply   
Strange how the "law and order" anti-antifa crew are silent about this one.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...an/5924617002/

"The Wolverine Watchmen militia group didn't just plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, but they were on a mission to attack the state Capitol and target police officers at their homes as part of a broader mission to instigate a civil war, authorities said Thursday in announcing felony charges against 13 militia members accused in a sensational case of domestic terrorism."
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2020, 9:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
With that infinite wisdom and resolve, I suppose you feel the same about people who are sexually attracted to minors too? If not, what if those minors are complicit? How bout other deviancies too?
For me if has to be two consenting adults, minors can't give consent.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-09-2020, 12:51 AM Reply   
Quote:

"The Wolverine Watchmen militia group didn't just plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, but they were on a mission to attack the state Capitol and target police officers at their homes as part of a broader mission to instigate a civil war, authorities said Thursday in announcing felony charges against 13 militia members accused in a sensational case of domestic terrorism."
I’ll speak up about it. It’s obviously terrible and wrong. It’s absolutely domestic terrorism. It’s also surprising we haven’t seen more of this type of thing-given the tyranny of many democrat governors and other politicians. People do some pretty crazy stuff when you lock them down for no reason. It’s certainly been a contributing factor to all the democrat riots we’ve seen around the country too.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-09-2020, 1:04 AM Reply   
Quote:

Whats there to speak up about? They arrested a bunch of Anti Government dip****s for terrorism. They will all be tried and jailed as they should be.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-09-2020, 2:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
I hate to ask where that hippy theology came from, but it seems like a family thing. I don’t want to say anything more than read Romans 1 right now. Then, you can maybe come back and tell us what you really believe. You can also tell your brother too.
First, Jesus definitely was a hippie. Second, I didn't shy away from the fact that homosexuality is a sin. I didn't even say I condoned it. I followed Jesus' commandment to love my brother first. There is only one way to heaven--John 3:16. Either you believe it or you don't.

Paul was just a man. A man who never met Jesus. He was writing a letter to a church. Homosexuality is a sin, but using the Bible to persecute and belittle another Christian over something that doesn't even harm you is a sin too. You shouldn't have to be holy to be a Christian. You just do your best, love others and have the faith that your shortcomings will be forgiven because you believe. We all fall short is what I shared with my brother. I worry a lot more about other Christians destroying his relationship with God than I do his sin.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-09-2020, 3:39 AM Reply   
and the liberal loon announce bill on 25th amendment

she honestly makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

I hope that when the republicans get the majority....whenever that is....that they submit the same non stop barrage on the dems, that they've received for the past 4 years.
payback is a bitch
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-09-2020, 4:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
I hope that when the republicans get the majority....whenever that is....that they submit the same non stop barrage on the dems, that they've received for the past 4 years.
payback is a bitch
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." - Mitch McConnell

“We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.” - John Boehner on Obama's agenda

Maybe you've got your perception of karma backwards. Just a few more weeks to see if Trump is a one term President. But yeah, I would prefer that Pelosi shut her pie hole until after the election.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-09-2020, 4:39 AM Reply   
my memory is that during the Bush years, the dems would walk out of chambers and refuse to work. The response to that, and the blatant disregard for partisanship from Obama, was the attitude from McConnell. And, this group of democrats have taken things to an entirely new level.

That's just how I see it
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-09-2020, 4:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
my memory is that during the Bush years, the dems would walk out of chambers and refuse to work. The response to that, and the blatant disregard for partisanship from Obama, was the attitude from McConnell. And, this group of democrats have taken things to an entirely new level.

That's just how I see it
We are stuck in what relationship experts call a crazy loop. The most important thing is to get out of the cycle.

Someone has to be the adult and call for peace. It has been going on for a while. It doesn't matter who started it anymore. It just keeps getting crazier and crazier.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-09-2020, 5:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
We are stuck in what relationship experts call a crazy loop. The most important thing is to get out of the cycle.

Someone has to be the adult and call for peace. It has been going on for a while. It doesn't matter who started it anymore. It just keeps getting crazier and crazier.

Actually two someones need to call for peace. Both sides need to put down their switchblades and reach out a hand to the other side to work together.

Unfortunately in our current environment and capitulation or cooperation with the other party is reported on social media as “getting owned,” so pols are much more motivated to stay entrenched and make TV appearances to appease their base voters than to compromise in an effort to do the right thing. And all that cycle does is constantly reinforce polarization.

Breaking the cycle will require trust, belief that the other side is working in good faith, compromise, and restraint (from spiking the football to do a “you got owned” touchdown dance every time a concession is extracted).

I don’t see the cycle ever breaking at least not with some substantial social upheaval.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-09-2020, 5:31 AM Reply   
Quote:

That's just how I see it

Huh. I’d say that Newt actually started the modern congressional warfare with the Contract on America and the govt shutdown during the Clinton administration.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-09-2020, 6:05 AM Reply   
Quote:

Just wondering what we are supposed to be vocal about. The feds actually did their job. Caught them before they committed any acts of violence. What’s there to talk about ? Much like every instance I’ll wait for the evidence to come out before I jump to conclusions. What about all the kids rescued from sex traffickers ? That was never brought up here either. The only reason this is remotely discussed at length is to overshadow the hundreds of thousands of BLMans ANTIFA terrorists that destroyed our nation over the past 5 months. We are supposed to swallow this and say oh yea it is white supremacy killing our nation. Ugggggggh. Ya. No. Whitmayer is a tyrant anyways. Couple that in with the fact she chooses not to accept the supreme court’s ruling , and she belongs immediately removed from office , and or in prison right next to them. Her actions during the pandemic are the actual story.

The FBI is looking for a story to grab the headlines to deflect all their negative press over the mishandling of Hillary and Russian collusion. What better way than with a a white supremacy headline.

Here’s something for you to actually talk about tho. Body cam footage of Breonna Taylor’s BF telling the police at the scene she had the 9mm and fired the gun because she was scared. Taylor was never tested for gunshot residue during the investigation.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGIZjdV...d=2uvk2g062g1p

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-09-2020 at 6:10 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-09-2020, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The only reason this is remotely discussed at length is to overshadow the hundreds of thousands of BLMans ANTIFA terrorists that destroyed our nation over the past 5 months.
And yet the FBI cannot infiltrate ANTIFA? Is it because they are so much smarter or because the deep state reports to Soros?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-09-2020, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
And yet the FBI cannot infiltrate ANTIFA? Is it because they are so much smarter or because the deep state reports to Soros?
Not sure what your inferring , but there are plenty of Antifa members facing federal charges that were rounded up by federal task forces . You know those same scary task forces dems don’t want in their cities. So if you want to discuss ..........explain why politicians in the cities hit the hardest hit areas don’t want the feds there to arrest everyone. Even with the non cooperation......... the feds have arrested numerous members of ANTIFA and charged them federally.

So you’re of the belief ANTIFA doesn’t exist ? You’re of the belief they’re not a demotic terrorist organization?

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-09-2020 at 7:49 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-09-2020, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not sure what your inferring , but there are plenty of Antifa members facing federal charges that were rounded up by federal task forces . You know those same
Task forces dems don’t want in their cities.
The first rule I got when I was hazed into ANTIFA was not to carry my membership card with me when engaged in hijinx. How have the federal task forces established ANTIFA membership?

Probably the mandatory ANTIFA tatoos? I tried to tell them that was a bad idea...
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-09-2020, 2:18 PM Reply   
Seems logical. How’s that death rate working out with all these idiotic rules in place ? They seem to be working very well.

Name:  2D96E016-D424-417E-A5EE-570D7C167FC5.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  103.6 KB
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-10-2020, 3:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
The first rule I got when I was hazed into ANTIFA was not to carry my membership card with me when engaged in hijinx. How have the federal task forces established ANTIFA membership?

Probably the mandatory ANTIFA tatoos? I tried to tell them that was a bad idea...
When you were hazed in, did they put stuff in your butt? seems like part of their hazing routine. Sorry if that happened to you! anyone who is joining ANTIFA is def getting screwed.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-11-2020, 12:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
When you were hazed in, did they put stuff in your butt? seems like part of their hazing routine. Sorry if that happened to you! anyone who is joining ANTIFA is def getting screwed.
Yes Doug, of course. It wouldn't be hazing without something in your butt.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-11-2020, 6:25 AM Reply   
Ooooooooops . Can’t wait to hear the response of all the basement mask dwellers now , I’ll even use Ralph’s sources . Who woulda thunk it........oh wait there may be few people here .........and around the US

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/cov...LCITIMKOYXLRU/

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-11-2020 at 6:30 AM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2020, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ooooooooops . Can’t wait to hear the response of all the basement mask dwellers now , I’ll even use Ralph’s sources . Who woulda thunk it........oh wait there may be few people here .........and around the US

The Herald is a reasonable source, not partisan like you have there. Lockdowns have worked for us but we have an elimination strategy, I don't think it is a good strategy for everyone.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-11-2020, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:

So you kinda work in a slam on masks there, but I'm not reading that article as at all critical of social distancing, hygiene, or masks. Rather, just total (or at least rather draconian) economic shutdowns.

Interestingly, the complaint is not that lockdowns don't work, it's that they aren't worth the economic cost to the poor.

In wealthy countries like ours, the brunt of the disease and of the economic fallout appear to fall on the poor. So ... reopen, more poor folks will die from COVID, stay closed, more poor folks will fall through the economic cracks. And shoot, even during the shutdown "essential" poor folks jobs, like meat packing, farm labor, grocery clerks, etc keep going full tilt.

it's one of those catch 22 type situations, especially in our polarized political world. There are good and bad motivations for opening and not reopening.

It's a great point though, and certainly deserves smart people putting their heads together to try to balance the burden of one against the burden of the other.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-11-2020, 11:47 AM Reply   
true pro-lifers

https://www.christianpost.com/voices...for-biden.html
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-11-2020, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
So you kinda work in a slam on masks there, but I'm not reading that article as at all critical of social distancing, hygiene, or masks. Rather, just total (or at least rather draconian) economic shutdowns.

Interestingly, the complaint is not that lockdowns don't work, it's that they aren't worth the economic cost to the poor.

In wealthy countries like ours, the brunt of the disease and of the economic fallout appear to fall on the poor. So ... reopen, more poor folks will die from COVID, stay closed, more poor folks will fall through the economic cracks. And shoot, even during the shutdown "essential" poor folks jobs, like meat packing, farm labor, grocery clerks, etc keep going full tilt.

it's one of those catch 22 type situations, especially in our polarized political world. There are good and bad motivations for opening and not reopening.

It's a great point though, and certainly deserves smart people putting their heads together to try to balance the burden of one against the burden of the other.
The mask slam was a pointed comment. Not a comment in the article.

However the subject of the article has been my exact point since the beginning , the precise argument I’ve made since the leftist tyrannical extended shutdowns across the Nation regarding Covid have been the mainstay. The argument of how the much the main focus should be towards the percentage of those devastated by job/ business loss with the negative outcome of peoples long term well being(mentally, physically , emotionally, and financially ) because it far outweighs the arguably minuscule percentage of dead from the actual virus. Anyone with half a self functioning brain could see that aspect well into the future.

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-11-2020 at 2:49 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-11-2020, 6:53 PM Reply   
Another reminder that it’s not just about death rate - there are lots of long term symptoms and still a lot to learn about this virus

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/11/h...survivors.html
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-12-2020, 12:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
The argument of how the much the main focus should be towards the percentage of those devastated by job/ business loss with the negative outcome of peoples long term well being(mentally, physically , emotionally, and financially ) because it far outweighs the arguably minuscule percentage of dead from the actual virus. Anyone with half a self functioning brain could see that aspect well into the future.
So if you were emperor of the universe and were presented with a "do nothing / ignore it" scenario with about 2M dead, a "lock down, nobody go outside till we blow the all-clear whistle" with 50,000 dead, and a "do some stuff, but keep it pretty half arsed" with a couple hundred thousand dead, how would you change things?

Right now all choices are going to result in second guessing. More reopening results in more dead; more shutdown results in more unemployment, bad educational outcomes, etc.

And even when the all-clear siren goes off, many industries are going to remain impacted, especially entertainment and tourism. You aren't just going to make people go to Vegas and see Lady Gaga in residence on the strip.

I'm truly curious (and not arguing with you) how you see things coming 'round?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-12-2020, 3:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
The mask slam was a pointed comment.
Ironic as well considering that opening up the country requires the citizens to take responsibility and follow the recommendations of the health experts. Wearing a mask in public is probably the single most important action you can take.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-12-2020, 6:24 AM Reply   
Quote:

Are you making the case for Herd Immunity? That is the assumption. Do you have an idea in mind what % of the population that needs to be exposed for this to work? What number do you want to work with?

But Michael Head, Senior Research Fellow in Global Health, University of Southampton, said the declaration was "based upon a false premise".

"That governments and the scientific community wish for extensive lockdowns to continue until a vaccine is available," Head said.

"Lockdowns are only ever used when transmission is high, and now that we have some knowledge about how best to handle new outbreaks, most national and subnational interventions are much 'lighter' than the full suppressions we have seen for example in the UK across the spring of 2020," he said.

"Those behind the Barrington Declaration are advocates of herd immunity within a population. They state that "Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal", with the idea being that somehow the vulnerable of society will be protected from ensuing transmission of a dangerous virus. It is a very bad idea. We saw that even with intensive lockdowns in place, there was a huge excess death toll," he said.

This story has been amended from the original which said the WHO, rather than a WHO doctor, had changed its stance.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-12-2020, 7:11 AM Reply   
GOP, Voter Fraud will ruin the election. See....Proof of Voter and Election Fraud.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/dyza...rce=reddit.com

Last edited by 95sn; 10-12-2020 at 7:16 AM.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-12-2020, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
GOP, Voter Fraud will ruin the election. See....Proof of Voter and Election Fraud.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/dyza...rce=reddit.com
Wait did you think only the left would be cheating? lol yes the left is cheating more than the right, but as your party loves to cheat, in just about every way possible. why not let the right cheat too! just fair? Or is this not acceptable, as the left tosses double ballots to dem areas and tosses other ballots in the trash, why be upset that republicans are going to trash dem votes. Here we go! Looks like voter Fraud is real!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-12-2020, 12:23 PM Reply   
Typical republican move lol. Can't find any voter fraud (Trump's own commission couldn't lol) so they have to create some.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-12-2020, 1:50 PM Reply   
please vote for joe for Senate, he asked for your senate vote in Ohio today. btw, you dont get to know if he will pack the courts. because voters dont have the right to know. lol how blind can you be.

Oh, not the WHO is saying they made a mistake, that shutting down is worse, that the end game of the shut downs are worse than the risk of the virus. Some day, someone needs to go back on this entire thread and pull out all the BS, as its full of it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-12-2020, 2:01 PM Reply   
So Doug you have an issue with adding more seats to the Supreme Court?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-12-2020, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
The seems to be out right war between dems and Republicans, why wouldn't they use all available options?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-13-2020, 12:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
The end result is the loss of our freedoms, I dont think we should have 9, maybe cut it back to 5. have to have an odd number, or nothing would ever be held to the, although 90% of the cases heard are usually more than majority end vote.

I think adding or packing is total BS, as it is only to eliminate governing components and adds political controls to the court. ITs been left leaning for 50 years Ish. I dont think left vs right is the position of any judge, but i do see a failure in legislation (on both sides) leaning on the courts to do their jobs.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2020, 12:17 AM Reply   
How about back to the original 6? It was good enough for George Washington. You guys are originalists after all, right? If repubes have shown anything, it's that 1) anything not explicitly defined by the constitution is fair game, and 2) their word and norms mean absolutely nothing if a party is in power. Lucky number 13 was always my number in high school. While we're at it PR and DC statehood are sounding good.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2020, 2:04 AM Reply   
It sure is nice to know Hiden is running for the Senate now...https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ampaign-gaffes
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2020, 2:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
It sure is nice to know Hiden is running for the Senate now...https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ampaign-gaffes
Lol ya all the vids have been clipped right after he says senate. He corrected himself and made clear he was saying “I ran as a proud dem for the senate, ran as a proud dem for vice pres, and am running as a proud dem for president”

Eric Trump on the other hand seems to be experiencing some of daddy’s dementia lol
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...9-b965172.html
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-13-2020, 2:54 AM Reply   
Lol. New playground tactic from the left. "trump has dementia too!"
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2020, 2:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Lol. New playground tactic from the left. "trump has dementia too!"
Probably from birth.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2020, 2:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
The seems to be out right war between dems and Republicans, why wouldn't they use all available options?
You still have to pretend when the other side does it, that it's bad. That's one of the available options.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-13-2020, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
How about back to the original 6? It was good enough for George Washington. You guys are originalists after all, right? If repubes have shown anything, it's that 1) anything not explicitly defined by the constitution is fair game, and 2) their word and norms mean absolutely nothing if a party is in power. Lucky number 13 was always my number in high school. While we're at it PR and DC statehood are sounding good.
That's a dangerous game, I think. It was the dems, after all, who removed the filibuster limitation for political appointments.

On the one hand Rs seem to totally get away with being ruthless all the time, but on the other hand, it was the dems that opened the door with the "nuclear option."

Rs have certainly politicized appointments (you have the senate (Barrett); you don't have the senate (Garland)) so the argument that increasing the size of the court would "politicize the court" is somewhat disingenuous. We crossed that bridge (and burned it behind us) a while back.

So why not pack the court?

a. What keeps Rs from doing it next time? Eventually we end up with a 99 member court that can't do anything.
b. It completely delegitimizes the court itself. The only power of SCOTUS is that is IS legitimate. The court has no soldiers, it has no treasury. It orders others to do things and its sole basis to compel performance with its orders is that the recipients of those orders view them as legitimate. If we turn SCOTUS into a kangaroo court, we're going to look like Pakistan or Iran, and the court's orders will lose authority. I'm not sure that this would be the result of going from 9 to 13, but see point a.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2020, 7:35 AM Reply   
Perhaps term limits is the middle ground.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-13-2020, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Perhaps term limits is the middle ground.
If you can resolve the question whether the Constitution's proviso that justices "shall hold their offices during good behaviour" doesn't really mean lifetime appointment (as has kinda sorta been the groupthink for a couple hundred years), then term limits make sense, ESPECIALLY if only after-appointed (i.e. future) justices are subject to the term limit and current justices are "grandfathered in." If it would require a constitutional amendment to pass term limits, well... good luck with that.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2020, 8:08 AM Reply   
Im trying to locate middle ground. The issue of "lifetime" is less bold than adding more judges. Exempting current judges is reasonable.
Supreme Court justices are not answerable to the people of the United States. Nominated by partisan executives and confirmed by partisan legislators, justices join a largely unaccountable third branch of the federal government that has in the past seized opportunities to overturn popular legislation enacted to protect voting rights and women’s rights, and labor rights, and that could in short order undermine the protections outlined in the Affordable Care Act.
Members of the Judiciary Branch exercise outsize authority not because of their wisdom or decency but because of the ostentation of life tenure. Based on the pretense that a justice who can serve for so long as he or she chooses will somehow be free of partisan and ideological pressures, this false construct has saddled the United States with rogue jurists who advance ancient agendas decades after their presidential benefactors have left the White House.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-13-2020, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Im trying to locate middle ground. The issue of "lifetime" is less bold than adding more judges. Exempting current judges is reasonable.
Supreme Court justices are not answerable to the people of the United States. Nominated by partisan executives and confirmed by partisan legislators, justices join a largely unaccountable third branch of the federal government that has in the past seized opportunities to overturn popular legislation enacted to protect voting rights and women’s rights, and labor rights, and that could in short order undermine the protections outlined in the Affordable Care Act.
Members of the Judiciary Branch exercise outsize authority not because of their wisdom or decency but because of the ostentation of life tenure. Based on the pretense that a justice who can serve for so long as he or she chooses will somehow be free of partisan and ideological pressures, this false construct has saddled the United States with rogue jurists who advance ancient agendas decades after their presidential benefactors have left the White House.
Remember that those unelected unaccountable judges also gave us a right to privacy, an end to separate but equal, an end to anti miscegenation laws, and on and on. The independence of the court has, on its better days, allowed it to act as a moral compass where our electeds have been unable or unwilling to act.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2020, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
The independence of the court has, on its better days, allowed it to act as a moral compass where our electeds have been unable or unwilling to act.
That's the point tho, those days are past, the courts aren't independent they are partisan and the moral compass is spinning around like they are standing on a magnet.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2020, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Lol ya all the vids have been clipped right after he says senate. He corrected himself and made clear he was saying “I ran as a proud dem for the senate, ran as a proud dem for vice pres, and am running as a proud dem for president”

Eric Trump on the other hand seems to be experiencing some of daddy’s dementia lol
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...9-b965172.html
The biggest problem is not just that he said it. It’s that this is twice he’s said it. Also doesn’t know which state he’s in. This is common now. He also forgot Romney’s name too. All that 25th amendment talk from Pelosi wasn’t necessarily meant for Trump. It was paving the way for removing Hiden if he were to win. Saying Trump or anyone in his family has dementia is purely Democrat flailing desperation.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2020, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
The biggest problem is not just that he said it. It’s that this is twice he’s said it. Also doesn’t know which state he’s in. This is common now. He also forgot Romney’s name too. All that 25th amendment talk from Pelosi wasn’t necessarily meant for Trump. It was paving the way for removing Hiden if he were to win. Saying Trump or anyone in his family has dementia is purely Democrat flailing desperation.
Sad but true. Also true, a turnip past it's used by date is still better than trump. On the plus side if Sleepy Joe wins then the deepstate can just get back to running the country without being distracted by the mango menace.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-13-2020, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's the point tho, those days are past, the courts aren't independent they are partisan and the moral compass is spinning around like they are standing on a magnet.
Nah, not really. Which case in particular are you concerned about?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2020, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nah, not really. Which case in particular are you concerned about?
Obamacare repeal
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2020, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sad but true. Also true, a turnip past it's used by date is still better than trump. On the plus side if Sleepy Joe wins then the deepstate can just get back to running the country without being distracted by the mango menace.
You’re living proof that TDS is far worse and farther reaching than any Kung Flu.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2020, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
The only thing that makes your statement true are activist, liberal judges who usurp the constitution and replace it with the democrat agenda items that would NEVER get through with standard legislation. That’s the entire reason dems are so butt hurt about Trump filling the seat. They want to keep illegally legislating from the bench. It’s total BS. It’s one of many feathers in their evil hat.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2020, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
That’s the entire reason dems are so butt hurt about Trump filling the seat.
How "butt hurt" are the numpties going to be when Sleepy packs the court?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-13-2020, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Obamacare repeal
Oh man, that's really kindof a red herring if you ask me. I guess WORST case scenario would be Sleepy Joe wins, Rs retain Senate, SCOTUS overturns. In that case, then, McConnell will let Americans bleed from the eyeballs before he lifts a finger to help. However, under any other scenario, O-care is so popular that it would stand to reason that a revised plan would get passed quickly.

Even trump defends the most expensive parts of Obamacare like leaving kids on the plan till 26 an covering people with pre-existing conditions, and claims those provisions are in his new-better-cheaper-vapor replacement plan. The fact that trump touts those provision shows how pervasive their support is among the American people. So there should be motivation to re-enact an O-care replacement if the supremes invalidate the law.

And the current challenge isn't on constitutional grounds, it's on a more obscure principle of judicial construction of statutes with plenty of wiggle room. Not saying they won't, but the Justices shouldn't have to dress up like Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson to devine what the founders intended.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2020, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh man, that's really kindof a red herring if you ask me. I guess WORST case scenario would be Sleepy Joe wins, Rs retain Senate, SCOTUS overturns. In that case, then, McConnell will let Americans bleed from the eyeballs before he lifts a finger to help. However, under any other scenario, O-care is so popular that it would stand to reason that a revised plan would get passed quickly.

Even trump defends the most expensive parts of Obamacare like leaving kids on the plan till 26 an covering people with pre-existing conditions, and claims those provisions are in his new-better-cheaper-vapor replacement plan. The fact that trump touts those provision shows how pervasive their support is among the American people. So there should be motivation to re-enact an O-care replacement if the supremes invalidate the law.

And the current challenge isn't on constitutional grounds, it's on a more obscure principle of judicial construction of statutes with plenty of wiggle room. Not saying they won't, but the Justices shouldn't have to dress up like Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson to devine what the founders intended.
I wish I had your optimism
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-13-2020, 12:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
When Joe wins the Senate race he is currently running in, do you think he will know what state he will be a senator for?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2020, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
When Joe wins the Senate race he is currently running in, do you think he will know what state he will be a senator for?
Probably not. How terrible is Donald trump that this race is even a race. A bewildered, status quo merchant, corporate weasel is a favored by 60% of the population.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2020, 1:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
That’s a valid question.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2020, 1:10 PM Reply   
Shout out to Travis County where I live - a whopping 97% of eligible voters are now registered to vote there! Average rates sit more in the high 60s. Will be interesting to see if/how this translates to actual turnout.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20201...qQW3fQIX-Fyfhw

32,000 votes cast so far. I have a flight back on Oct 30, just in time for the last day of early voting.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-13-2020, 1:14 PM Reply   
whats really scary is when Joe kicks the bucket, or has to step down, you can Harris, wow, most people, on both sides, are terrified of that nightmare.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2020, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
I really don’t think he (or I should say Kamala) will even have the opportunity so it’s moot. Just for fun, let’s say he/she does though... I’d never come out of the WH bunker until my term was up if I was them. It would be viewed as being even more underhanded than all of the coup attempts and hoaxes brought on by libtards.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2020, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Shout out to Travis County where I live - a whopping 97% of eligible voters are now registered to vote there! Average rates sit more in the high 60s. Will be interesting to see if/how this translates to actual turnout.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20201...qQW3fQIX-Fyfhw

32,000 votes cast so far. I have a flight back on Oct 30, just in time for the last day of early voting.
Just don’t forget to vote on Nov. 4!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2020, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
I really don’t think he (or I should say Kamala) will even have the opportunity so it’s moot. Just for fun, let’s say he/she does though... I’d never come out of the WH bunker until my term was up if I was them. It would be viewed as being even more underhanded than all of the coup attempts and hoaxes brought on by libtards.
bwahahahahaha "underhanded" - classic
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2020, 1:40 PM Reply   
Houston also experiencing record turnout:
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2020, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Houston also experiencing record turnout:
Wow!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2020, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
bwahahahahaha "underhanded" - classic
Do you prefer chicken95sn?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2020, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do you prefer chicken95sn?
You and your ilk have no standing on this issue, bub.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-13-2020, 2:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
You and your ilk have no standing on this issue, bub.
Oh... bring it, mail-order-bride-orderer.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-13-2020, 11:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
I dont think Crazy Nancy is pushing the 25th regarding Trump, I think they want to set up safety nets, in the event, Biden wins, so they can dump his ass quickly. they will invoke their new "law" so they can remove him asap! They know, they see, they are afraid. Harris is a train wreck too, so she's prob right behind him, on the cutting block.

I also would have had to be handcuffed to my chair, if I was the husband of Judge Amy, when the Senator from Hawaii asked if she was ever charged with sexual assault or "paid off anyone who could have made allegations of sexual assault" she is a POS!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-14-2020, 2:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
I dont think Crazy Nancy is pushing the 25th regarding Trump, I think they want to set up safety nets, in the event, Biden wins, so they can dump his ass quickly. they will invoke their new "law" so they can remove him asap! They know, they see, they are afraid. Harris is a train wreck too, so she's prob right behind him, on the cutting block.

I also would have had to be handcuffed to my chair, if I was the husband of Judge Amy, when the Senator from Hawaii asked if she was ever charged with sexual assault or "paid off anyone who could have made allegations of sexual assault" she is a POS!
Yeah, here’s another attempt to shamelessly malign her for no reason. It’s honestly hard to understand where the depth of the bottom is for libtards. It seems bottomless. Case in point:
https://news.yahoo.com/don-t-let-amy...185514365.html
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-14-2020, 5:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Actually two someones need to call for peace. Both sides need to put down their switchblades and reach out a hand to the other side to work together.

Unfortunately in our current environment and capitulation or cooperation with the other party is reported on social media as “getting owned,” so pols are much more motivated to stay entrenched and make TV appearances to appease their base voters than to compromise in an effort to do the right thing. And all that cycle does is constantly reinforce polarization.

Breaking the cycle will require trust, belief that the other side is working in good faith, compromise, and restraint (from spiking the football to do a “you got owned” touchdown dance every time a concession is extracted).

I don’t see the cycle ever breaking at least not with some substantial social upheaval.
You should watch: The Social Dilemma on Netflix.

According to the guys who invented the monetization of Facebook and other tech giants lay out how the social networks and advertising are set up to be extreme view points and only feed people info they want to hear. It is not going to get better.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-14-2020, 5:21 AM Reply   
Quote:

Funny. It is the TRUMP DOJ that caught these guys. I thought Trump wanted this stuff to happen?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-14-2020, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Huh. I’d say that Newt actually started the modern congressional warfare with the Contract on America and the govt shutdown during the Clinton administration.
So it was not Clinton that balanced the budget but the Republicans shut down the government to make it happen? Tell me more.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-14-2020, 5:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
According to the guys who invented the monetization of Facebook and other tech giants lay out how the social networks and advertising are set up to be extreme view points and only feed people info they want to hear. It is not going to get better.
Nothing new here. Faux News pioneered this principle and demonstrated to all the media how profitable it is to preach to the choir. Social media just allows everyone to give it a go for themselves.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-14-2020, 5:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Trust me, they are there. A few idiots wanting to kidnap a corrupt governor is a small time operation. it is only skin deep. ANTIFA has long legs with deep money. This crowd has been around for a while in the bay area as Black Block. This is the Occupy crowd as well. Interesting how there is a riot in a small town in Wisconsin in response to a issue and there is immediately people from Washington State and California there within the day getting arrested for violence. I am sure there are just 20 year olds waiting with their credit cards in hand waiting around to fly anywhere in the country on a moments notice so they can go burn a car lot down.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-14-2020, 5:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Nothing new here. Faux News pioneered this principle and demonstrated to all the media how profitable it is to preach to the choir. Social media just allows everyone to give it a go for themselves.
You had me until you made it one sided. MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC. You know that crowd that has been doing it for decades. Didn't Dan Rather get fired for such activity during Bush's election? Fox finally decided to tell the other side of the story.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-14-2020, 5:36 AM Reply   
Quote:

Guy nailed it. Lock down to regather your resources. The goal the whole time was to not let the hospitals get over run. Goal achieved months ago. We had a supply chain shake up initially. We got industry to refocus on a few things and we are back in business. What else can we do? Everyone not work for years?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-14-2020, 5:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
You had me until you made it one sided. MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC. You know that crowd that has been doing it for decades. Didn't Dan Rather get fired for such activity during Bush's election? Fox finally decided to tell the other side of the story.
Hhahahahaha, so everyone else is doing it BUT Fox, and you and every R who posts in this thread is immune to advertising and other social engineering anyway. So really, you are recommending that we watch the Social Dilemma as a statement of what's wrong with libs?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-14-2020, 5:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Everyone not work for years?
Even if you reopen, as long as there's a risk of getting sick in crowds, you are going to see industries like tourism (cruise / airlines / casinos / amusement parks) which depend on people packing together suffer. Same can be said for concerts, NBA/MLB/NFL/NCAA sports.

Sure there are foolhardy people who will go back. They are already showing up en masse to the MAGA rallies. Ironically, their actions are going to slow the recovery for those industries, because (a) they enhance the spread of the disease, and (b) many people won't go back while there's a chance of getting sick.