Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tkvaale)      Join Date: Sep 2017       06-04-2018, 2:08 PM Reply   
I'm wanting to buy more boards, but wanting to stay on a budget. Are there any good websites to buy used wakesurf boards? I'm most interested in a Soulcraft board, but they're expensive and difficult to find a used one. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-04-2018, 2:50 PM Reply   
I'd say the usual Craigslist, FB Market place and so on. I find locally to me if a surf board shows up on CL it's gone within hours so you have to look often and jump on them. Something like a Soulcraft will be a little harder to come by in the used market but I have seen them. Those do seem to hang around a little longer given what people are still asking for them.

Honestly, keep searching and more importantly.....start saving
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-05-2018, 8:01 AM Reply   
It's been my experience that most people just keep old surfboards as they usually always still have a use on some level. Check out the-house.com, they have a lot of good value priced surfboards, many are new old stock. In that they are brand new but maybe like a 2016 model or a blem.
Old     (tkvaale)      Join Date: Sep 2017       06-05-2018, 9:43 AM Reply   
Yeah, that's the vibe I'm getting too, I don't ever seeing myself selling a surfboard. We had so many other upgrades to our boat this year (gatorstep, new tower speakers, fresh air exhaust) that we didn't splurge for a new board. I'll likely just start accumulating one per year and in five years, have a nice selection to choose from. Thanks for the help, I'll check that site out. Unfortunately, Craigslist and FB are no help as wakesurfing is just getting started around my area and no one is selling boards.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-05-2018, 10:11 AM Reply   
www.searchtempest.com the craigslist aggregator.
can also set alerts for new listings that fit your keywords.

yes, it's crazy what some of these sell for even several years old. get your alerts setup and keep cash on you so you can move quickly.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-05-2018, 11:08 AM Reply   
I have an inland surfer blue lake I’d be willing to part with
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-05-2018, 12:15 PM Reply   
I have a NWBS branded soulcraft fang tail I would part with. I'll get pics this weekend
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-05-2018, 12:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
I have a NWBS branded soulcraft fang tail I would part with. I'll get pics this weekend
What's your price? Interested.

Last edited by denverd1; 06-05-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-05-2018, 12:28 PM Reply   
sounds like we should post up in the board classifieds. although just saw another thread with someone selling a 2 year old board for right at MSRP...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-05-2018, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
solid board as well
Old     (tkvaale)      Join Date: Sep 2017       06-05-2018, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Very Interested. Would love to see pics, let me know
Old     (tkvaale)      Join Date: Sep 2017       06-05-2018, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
What's the length of that board? How much are you asking?
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       06-05-2018, 2:57 PM Reply   
If you are really looking to collect boards, start asking other people you see with Surf Boats and Surf Boards. I think most boat owners are like me and tend to collect stuff over time but don't have the inclenation or time to try and sell them.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2018, 3:39 PM Reply   
I sold a SoulCraft on Ebay last year. Keep an eye out!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-05-2018, 6:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkvaale View Post
What's the length of that board? How much are you asking?
It’s a 5’4”

It’s the v1 model. 2011 model I think but hasn’t seen a hell of a whole lot of use since we wakeboard so much. I got a cwb katana and it has been sitting since then.

Has a small rail repair. Make me an offer.
Old     (jaws)      Join Date: May 2012       06-07-2018, 9:45 AM Reply   
I have a soulcraft that I no longer use that I would part with. DM me if interested.
Old     (tkvaale)      Join Date: Sep 2017       06-07-2018, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws View Post
I have a soulcraft that I no longer use that I would part with. DM me if interested.
dm sent
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-07-2018, 1:57 PM Reply   
I personally keep all my boards now. I sold a couple & I really miss the Byerly Volt we had. It wasn't a good surf board but it was fun as hell to ride laying down or sitting down & we can't do that on all our other boards. So it had a use that is now missed & would have prevented my daughter from bugging me to tube if she still had it.