Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-02-2018, 11:08 AM Reply   
WTH I thought being a white male was supposed to be some magical free pass! Turns out I was totally wrong!

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...ove-diversity/
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-03-2018, 6:35 PM Reply   
Honestly do you work for Breitbart and get a kick back whenever someone from Wakeworld clicks on a link.
Its propaganda and BS! Try, I mean really try to be the tinniest bit smarter.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-03-2018, 6:38 PM Reply   
New plan whenever G posts BS from the right I will post BS from the left: enjoy
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b089ec353a1fba
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-04-2018, 2:59 PM Reply   
Plhorn: why do u have such a hardon for B.B.
I will make you a bet. I can post the same story from 5-10 other news sources will that make you happy? If I do will you go away ???
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-05-2018, 2:03 PM Reply   
mostly because Breitbart is a far right propoganda machine...mostly opinion and not a "news" source.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breitbart_News

They are a known source of falsehoods and conspiracy theories.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-05-2018, 6:47 PM Reply   
Ok Darrel: do you want to add yourself to the Bet???? I will post 5-10 DIFFERNT news sources with the same story. And then you STFU???
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-06-2018, 8:44 AM Reply   
^^^^ well that came off a bit harsh. Sorry about that. The Google story ran in most news outlets, I chose to link the B.B. story cause that’s 1 of about 3 places I get my news and yes they are a right leaning website. I can’t stand the majority of the lefty websites NBC CBS CNN that you may like. But I still see what they are saying BB is my “Yin” to your “Yang”
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-06-2018, 11:28 AM Reply   
Seems like too much research to do to perhaps prove what exactly? I think the overwhelming majority of corporations have hiring quidelines. I know Cops and Fireman do. Prettty sure most all colleges have the same thing for admittance. Is there something im missing? (admit i only glanced at your orig linked article). Im surly left leaning but even I tune into FOX to see their take on happenings. Breitbart is just feeding those who like their slant what they want to eat.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-06-2018, 8:04 PM Reply   
Ok I will give you the short version of Reality.
Brigthbart or Not

White= BAD no good Racist Evil
Anything other then White= Good diversity!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-07-2018, 1:25 PM Reply   
I dont know man. Im a little on your side and at the same time see why there are diversity rules. I believe diversity rules came into place because "whites" were pretty F'n racist... negroes to the back of the bus. The slaves were freed by Lincoln and it wasnt til 100 years later in 1965 and the civil rights movement to get the right to vote. This happened in my lifetime, it wasnt that long ago. Mexicans were cool as long as they picked the lettuce, lived on the other side of town and kept their mouths shut. Eventually 20, 30 years later their kids see the slight and want fairness. Is it fair to hire black or brown with less qualifications than the white applicant? no. But things were way less fair for brown/black people for decades. Kinda paying back the debt to them. It cant go on forever tho. Eventually decisions should be strictly merit.
As far as:
White= BAD no good Racist Evil
Anything other then White= Good diversity!

White=most of the power and $$ in the country, and they just gave themselves a big bonus.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-07-2018, 6:41 PM Reply   
Sounds like you are brain washed and have some sort of White guilt.

IMO racizim dont exist in Hi Tech. You can either do the job and put i the hrs or you can’t. Company’s like Facebook and Google what to play god and fill the company with every color under the sun regardless of the ability “exception” ( if your white and qualified) your a POS and you need to go to the back of the buss because of some discrimination people you an I never knew sound fair?.

Most qualified person should get the job, dosent mater what color you are.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-08-2018, 9:05 AM Reply   
Darrell why don't you move to South Africa or Zimbabwe. Your white guilt would fit right in with their politics.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8234461.html
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-08-2018, 12:32 PM Reply   
I dont have any white guilt. I like living in California, why would i move?
The south Africa land grab sounds a lot like what happ'd to American indians, white guys took their land?
Both of you seem to be upset about the exact same type of racist treatment that brown and black people have lived with. If it sucks for the white "minority", didnt it suck for people before?
Quote:
IMO racizim dont exist in Hi Tech.
Then why start the thread?
Its not just Facebook and Google. Its Fire depts, Police, colleges, the movie industry, NFL, teachers... its hard to find a company or industry that does not have diversity rules. There are state and federal laws. If the guys suing google in the breitbart article were black, would you care?
Maybe you missed this part...
Quote:
It cant go on forever tho. Eventually decisions should be strictly merit.