Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    Wakesurfmax            05-06-2017, 4:35 PM Reply   
Budget,would like to keep it under 14k. Main focus: surfing ... I want the hands down best surf boat under 14k! (It's probably not going to be a v drive because of my budject) ...my plan is to get a nauticurl ...any other better wakesurf devices under 250$...probably get a upgraded prop...perfect pass..weight...any other upgrades?? but my main question is what is the hands down boat/model for wakesurfing under 14k (probs a dd) thanks
Old    Wakesurfmax            05-06-2017, 4:37 PM Reply   
By the way I'm in the wi/mm area if you have a boat for sale that fits description!
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       05-06-2017, 5:28 PM Reply   
We call them suck gates here I made mine for about 40.00 out of wood. You will need the highest free board you can find and a lot of ballast to surf a DD. I would look at late 80s to mid 90s Supra Sunsport or Correct Craft Martinique . Remember any thing older than 92 will have wood stringers and are prone to rotting below the deck.
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-06-2017, 5:39 PM Reply   
Bro did you seriously start yet another thread about the exact same topic? Are you expecting a different outcome this time? You know what that's called?
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       05-06-2017, 7:00 PM Reply   
Haha Good one.
Saying to myself the exact same thing.. seems we already talk about the same thing last week but wasn't sure it was the same person.
Have my answer now !
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-07-2017, 6:20 AM Reply   
TBF his budget increased a grand....
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       05-07-2017, 7:47 AM Reply   
Your going to want a boat with lots of ballast. You will want to add more and more ballast. Eventually even more ballast. Then your going to realize your spending over an hour each time you fill & drain bags. Just my 2 cents, use the 15k as a down payment on a little newer boat that you won't have to throw to much money at after you have it in your garage. Will cost you a monthly payment though. Or if you want to buy cash I would keep saving for next season and bump that budget up to 25k
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-07-2017, 8:16 AM Reply   

read your previous threads. all 3 of them