Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (h2odawg)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-24-2009, 9:19 PM Reply   
Got mine on 7/30 just in time for the big Seafair weekend here in Seattle thanks to Brian and Bill at Exile. They look and sound great right out of the box, but Bill helped me get even more sound out of them after a few adjustments. Awesome product and customer service, thanks guys!

Scott
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-24-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
We just got ours installed on Friday. We spent the weekend enjoying them and the product is rock solid so far. They look and sounds great. I am traveling on the road this week and the boat is having some other tweeks done to the system while I am gone.
Unfortunately I did'nt get any pics before I left but I will be sure to get some as soon as I get home. Maybe Bill or Brian from Exile will jump on here and post a few up. I know that they took a few through the installation process.
I'm not going to bad mouth any of the other products, but so far my .02 is that these things are going to shake up the competition. Great engineering and a super high quality product.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       08-25-2009, 1:18 AM Reply   
Those things look incredible! I was trying to find cost on their website but can't locate anything?

If you don't mind me asking could you hint at the price level?
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-26-2009, 7:17 AM Reply   
So, what's the cost on these XM7's ???? Are you saying they're better than wetsounds?
Old     (carlosdynamicaudiolodi)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-28-2009, 4:11 PM Reply   
We just received shipment of the Exile XM7's. These thing are beautiful. We are going to have them hooked up on a demo board so you can listen and compare to the other top dawgs in this category. They are going to sell for $850.00 per pr. They include
2 Quick disconnect clamps
2 Direct fit brackets (located on the bottom part of clamp device)
2 neoprene wetsuit sock zipped storage bags
I'll post a sound review within a week.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-28-2009, 5:16 PM Reply   
I'm digging the quick disconnect mount. That will set them apart from the other HLCD speakers on the market.
Old     (carlosdynamicaudiolodi)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-28-2009, 5:35 PM Reply   
Yeah, the quick disconnect and swivel is awesome. I have just been playing with them and it's so simple I can't believe no one
has done this yet. We have shown this to a few customers today and everybody seems to like the cosmetics but are more impressed by the clamp, swivel, and quick disconnect. Now I have to set them up to listen to them.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-28-2009, 6:56 PM Reply   
Actually Sampson Towers has been doing the swivel and quick disconnect for years now just not in an HLCD.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-29-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
Here are a few pictures:

http://www.pdxwakesnow.com/viewtopic.php?t=139&start=30

They sound great in the driveway. We are heading out on the water tomorrow I will give an update on how they sound on the water soon.
We are very impressed so far.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-31-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
WOW! These things sound amazing. Crystal clear and very loud.
Hate N Pain, you are absolutely correct Samson has been doing this type of swivel/quick release setup for years.
http://www.exileaudio.com/marine/?page=media
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2009, 10:02 PM Reply   
Brady, that is one gorgeous boat I love black and red together and the speakers on the tower look sick too. If you get a wild hair to change your rims out get the all black with the thin red line thats popular on German cars these days.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-01-2009, 9:15 AM Reply   
Need more sound video. They look great, but how are they going to compare to Wetsounds?
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-01-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
Hate N Pain, Thank you.
Funny you should say that. I am working on a deal for that very setup. I really like that look. Maybe it will be a winter addition.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-01-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
Sick looking boat Brady...how have you been? Diggin the colors.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-01-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
Hey Justin, Thankis, Been great. I was down your way last week and tried to get in touch with Shawn. Send me your #. We are going to be down there again in a couple of weeks.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-01-2009, 11:23 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the props guys. The Xm7's have been turning some heads. They are LOUD + CRISP + CLEAR.

To follow up what Brady said about the Samson clamp. Yes they have been doing this for years. And they actually a partnered with Exile on our speaker. Lets face it. They are experts in the tower world and we are the same in the audio world. We enlisted the help of many experts to design and engineer something that is a hands down winner on a lot of levels. Sound wise they go head to head with anything on the market.

As for that clamp... we are gear heads and upgraded the design substantially and have something that is very very cool. The parts are all new castings and are way over built. There's some video on the design on our site if you want more information.

peace

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-02-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
Can we get an MSRP on these?

Any of you care to share?
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-02-2009, 8:53 AM Reply   
Johnny - 850.00 a pair [universal clamp + direct fit adapters + speakers + storage sox]

hit me up at brian@exileaudio.com if you need any other info.

peace!

Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-02-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
Check out their install video. It doesn't get any better than this if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxpAQmzsgwA
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-02-2009, 9:15 AM Reply   
From the video, it looks like the speaker is not very secure with the thumb screw, after he was done tightening the lower one he adjusted the angle with a "flick of the wrist" wonder what a double up would do to it.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-02-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Johnny - the clamp can be secured in place with simple finger tightening of the screw. In the back side of the knob is a large hex insert where you can also use the supplied hex key to permanently secure the speaker in place where it is impossible to remove with just finger strength. This is nice if you want to lock the speakers down so other people can't mess with them or steal the speaker easily. On the double malibu system shown in the video both speakers can rotate freely without hitting each other.

Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
Yeah thats pretty dope I like that they swivel around like that if you want. I'd like to hear them for myself to compare with the Bullets. If they are on par there then they have them with the innovation that Exile has put in.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-02-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
Jeremy, Let me know if you get down to Portland anytime.
Johnny, We have thrown several doubleups and crossed some pretty huge surf wakes over the last couple of weeks. With the hex screw tightened they havent even budged.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
Take a video camera and get 80-100 feet back then throw it on youtube. I know its not quite the same as in person but it's not bad either.

Like this