Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-05-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
^^^It's waaaay different than the auto for sure. One thing I'd keep in perspective is that you have one of the top dogs at Sanger out working on this. Don't think that'd be true of most any other boat maker. Incidentally your gel pattern and colors are some of my favorite ever on a Sanger.
Old     (fasfeat)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-05-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
An update for all who want to know. Jason's boat is getting the highest priority from both Sanger and Mercuiser. I have gone out and towed the boat in on a Saturday and I am very sorry for Jason's trouble but we are working as hard as we can on an electrical problem that doesn't come up all the time. Our Mercuiser rep and I drove Jason's boat for 1.5 hours with no issues. I cycled the smart tow more than twenty times and started and stopped it over thirty times with no problems. After 1.5 hours it just stopped and then was started and ran fine for 20 more minites. We found no codes in the motor and decided to change out some harnesses to rule out any shorts in these. This boat is not at all dirty and I have commited to make sure that any scratches that may be on the boat (I didn't notice any) will be buffed. Today the harness was removed and hopefully we will receive the new parts tomorrow. As a manufacturer, I don't know how to make this happen any faster and can only say that Jason should have many more years of great times ahead of him. We have also told him we would have the twenty hour service performed after all this is resolved. Once again, I hope Jason can understand that this is not just a broken part that we can simply replace. After these parts are replaced, we will have it run to make sure our customer doesn't have to go through any more grief. I hope this update works for you Jason, as I have just finished my day and didn't have an update until about an hour ago. SP
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-05-2009, 10:11 PM Reply   
Damn! Name another boat company that can beat that commitment to service!?
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-05-2009, 10:36 PM Reply   
Hey Scott thanks for the update, feel free to call anytime to update me.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-05-2009, 10:53 PM Reply   
Once again Scott's "Da Man"!!
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2009, 1:28 AM Reply   
Once again I think Sanger has some of the best customer service. As far as things like free demo boats and free service good luck. These kind of things were available a couple of years ago when manufactures and dealers where selling boats like crazy and profit margins were way higher than today. As a contractor I can tell you that a couple of years ago when business was booming I would over look small change orders or not charge for small jobs in hope that in the future they would use me for larger jobs. But I can’t afford to do that today as that is money out of my pocket and like so many other contractors I have to struggle to stay out of the red and every little job counts.
Old     (cdhayes2)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-06-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
Just my $.02.
If I bought a brand new boat and had it start breaking down almost immediately I would be P.O.'d too. Going to the example of car industry, you don't buy a new Audi, BMW, Mercedes, or even the lowers of Honda, Kia, Chevy, GMC, or whatever and expect it to start breaking down.. at least I don't. It sounds to me like, at least according to Indiana Law, he's got a lemon.. I thought I counted 3 times.. and in Indiana if it's in the shop for, I believe, 30 days in the first year it's considered a lemon. Or if it's in for the same problem three times.. I would personally look into your states lemon law because you would sure hate for this fix to be something that could give out down the road.. Jut my opinion.. Obviously parts break.. Otherwise we wouldn't need service departments, but this seems excessive to me.. If your car was in the shop for a month, naturally they are going to give you a loaner.. We had to drop off a car the other day, they ended up realizing it was going to take 2 1/2 days instead of 1. They gave us a loaner, filled it with gas, filled our Yukon XL Denali (30 gallon tank, about 1/4-1/5 tank when dropped off) free of charge.. That's customer service.. That much being said, I agree with you being given a demo.. at least on weekends.. Gotta say though, sounds like Scott is a quality guy and has great customer service. He's also got tons of people vouching for him and that's saying a lot.

Again, just my $.02
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-06-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
Drew, yes we California has a Lemon Law (Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act) which does apply to boats also. For sure I have done research. I am not quit there yet. I would like to just get my boat. This thread has became my log to what is going on with times.
Old     (cdhayes2)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-06-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
Ahh. Bummer. Ya, I don't blame ya! I know from how my summer has gone so far, I'd be distraught without my boat.. Well keep us updated and best of luck.. I've heard great things about Sanger's.. Hopefully you get yours in time to find that out..
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-06-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
If it makes you feel any better, a good friend of mine traded in his boat for a new one, probably spent quite a bit more than you (it's not a Sanger) and is having the same issues with under 15 hours on it.

Lucky for you both, CA will probably have a very warm fall this year.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-06-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Andrea lol..thanks for warming story. its not so much me as it is my son. Just today he said something that really got me. I truly bought the boat for him and I. The look on his face when he sits in the bow is priceless. Well at Don Pedro when this happened on the water he was a lil scared we were not going to make it back.
This morning while I was taking him back to his moms, I asked him if he wants to go on the boat this weekend (my turn to have him) He said "not really" I was wow, why is that, he said "I dont want it to break down". Now if you have kids out there you know kids are unfiltered and they just dont forget things. As of now this boat journey has not gone the way as hoped. Like I said I'll get over this. I know that they are working on correcting the problem, I am not sitting at my computer right now PO'ed. Just talking to fellow boaters.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-06-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
yeah that does suck...If I was free on weekends I'd take you guys out on our Sanger, to show you just how amazing of a boat they are and see your kid stoked!!!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-06-2009, 9:50 AM Reply   
Man that is awful about your son and him not wanting to go out on the boat because he thinks it will break. Good luck Jason, and I am sure in the end he will LOVE the boat.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-06-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
Well the good thing Jason is that kids are also resilient and generally up for another go. I remember a few years back my youngest grandson on his first outting was so ready to wakeboard. After about 6-8 attempts that was it for him and he said "i'm not doing that anymore", and he didn't for the rest of that year. The next year the first thing outta his mouth starting in february was how much he couldn't wait to wakeboard! Go figure. He'll come around.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-06-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
When I was about 7 learning to waterski...

1st year- About the 3rd try to get up, the boat threw the prop
2nd year- About the 3rd time again, the lower unit seized up

So it took me 3 years before I finally got up. We only had about a one week vacation a year where we could ski. The problems were associated with poor maintenace...but at 7 years old, i wasn't in charge.
Old     (evadehickman)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-06-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
Agree with Razzman about your son. Kids are pretty unfiltered, but they are also incredibly resilient. As soon as you have one rockin day (and let's hope that's soon) he is never going to forget it and he'll be stoked from there out. Plus, its a great life lesson for him to be patient and know that good things will come. PS - Love my V215. Can't wait to hear the good stories. Post a pic of your son riding once he's up, let him comment on it in the post, and he'll be on top of the world.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-06-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
As a father myself. I would use the situation to teach my son patience and understanding. Most importantly I would use Scott Pellaton as prime example of what it takes run a successful business and the dedication it takes to be one of the best.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-06-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
Andrea thanks for the offer!! Thanks all for the support. I do get kids are resilient. I just told him that the Pros are working on it to get the bugs out.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-06-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
if you have put at least 10 hrs or so on it why not just get the service now to save it having to go back in? I mean you cant even dump that thing and really ride behind it until its done anyways.

I did my first service at 11.7 hrs.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-06-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
Thats what I asked Scott if while in shop if the service could just get done, he wanted to get through this issue first. The down side is that I will put it back in shop and be out a boat again.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-06-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
Jason that service is very quick. Once they know it is done, it could be hours not days before the service is done. Glen is quick with his stuff, that's for sure.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-06-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
Johnny, I know the service takes hours, so far in my research in that the boat has to say there at shop a couple days. I will also have to get it done in Tracy.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-06-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
dude boat masters did mine in just a few hrs. Dropped it off in the am and picked it up around 3pm
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-06-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
Andy are you saying Sanger is a cheap boat?
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-06-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
Jason,

Your story hits home, because my dad had the same problems with our boat long ago. Getting towed along the Delta, or Shasta was the standard for that boat. Fast forward to when I bought a boat, I expected some of the same problems. Fortunately for us, our boat has run well for 5 years and counting.
I hope it ends well and ends quickly. And one successful outing, and your son will soon forget the bad ones. Then once he learns to shred, they'll be no stopping him asking to get out and ride again. Not to worry!
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-06-2009, 7:27 PM Reply   
Ron, thanks..I hope so
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-06-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
You just never know which boat is going to be "that" one (any brand). Sorry to hear your story Jason, hopefully once this issue is resolved, you will enjoy the many pleasures of boating!
I bought my Sanger 10 years ago, and it has never been back to the dealer ever! I even did the 20 hr. service myself. My boat has over 600 trouble free hours on it, and runs flawlessly. Just be patient, the rewards are yet to come!
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-06-2009, 9:59 PM Reply   
Dang, I guess just be patient and let them figure it out.

I can definitely understand where you are coming from, I bought a brand-new boat 2 years ago and I was so stoked and excited for every weekend to come that first year with a new boat!!! I bought a BU, which has been awesome. Not totally w/o problems though, the blower died at like 25hrs or something...crazy. But never had anything serious go wrong with it...(knocking on wood).

I have never seen a Sanger in person (they are not common in the Midwest), but I have heard here on WW that they are quality boats.

I hope your issues get resolved soon, and you finish out the summer with as much boat time as you can handle. I can certainly understand where you are coming from though...i think some people on here might forget what its like to get a brand-new boat. The excitement level should be thru the roof!
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-06-2009, 10:14 PM Reply   
tj, I agree. For me I have to live everyday like it's my last day here in States. I could be going to sand box. LOL, thats why I went new, so this summer would be flawless..who would have thought..lol
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-06-2009, 11:27 PM Reply   
Jason, your still active?
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-07-2009, 5:47 AM Reply   
Yes, still active..trying to make it to 20
Old     (dbdan)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-07-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
"its not so much me as it is my son. Just today he said something that really got me. I truly bought the boat for him and I. The look on his face when he sits in the bow is priceless. Well at Don Pedro when this happened on the water he was a lil scared we were not going to make it back.
This morning while I was taking him back to his moms, I asked him if he wants to go on the boat this weekend (my turn to have him) He said "not really" I was wow, why is that, he said "I dont want it to break down"."

Jason,
Look on the bright side, if boating or the military don't work out for you, I think you could have a great career writing for As The World Turns...

Good luck, hopefully you'll be back on the water in no time!
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-07-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
I hope so, thanks
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-07-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
same here. 6 more to go.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-07-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
UPDATE: Well I just got the call, and my boat not doesn't start. All the harnesses were changed and they put it all back together, went to start it and nothing. They will get back to trouble shooting it Monday. This was bad news for me. I know behind the sceens people are doing what they can to fix the problem. At this point I am just sad, dont know what to do. I feel even if it get running that I will have these issues for the life of boat.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-07-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
not good to hear, words will not comfort you at this point. They will get it fix with Scott involved and I am sure once its done you won't have to worry about it again. did you ask for a demo for the weekend?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-07-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
I would request that they give you another boat at least for the remainder of the season.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-07-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
no but there was an offer for this weekend.

(Message edited by black_ops_09 on August 07, 2009)
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-07-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
so Kenny, you think say this is fixed that there would not be constant issues?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-08-2009, 12:25 AM Reply   
I believe with my personal experience with Scott, if hes says its nailed then I would not worry. He would not allow my boat to be released back to me until he was certain it was fixed. I have since never had the problem (5years now). He cherishs the fact Sanger sells more by word of mouth and reputation than advertisments and sponsorships. I would'nt worry and I can say it because I have been where you are, the wife on the other hand didn't take it so well as it was going on. She will now tell you the boat is part of the family and its not leaving.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-08-2009, 12:31 AM Reply   
let me add, I had knots in my stomach, pissed off at times, just plain doubted our purchase, only because it was our first boat purchase. This was my introduction to Scott and the Sanger family. I was treated very good by the dealorship but that still didi nothing to help with my thoughts of just purchasing a 40k + boat and for the first month it was in the shop. Remember it was found to be no fault of Sanger's either.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-08-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
Kenny, so your first boat was a new Sanger and you too went through a speed bump? I guess I only live in the now and dont look to far forward. The now is not good.
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-08-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
Jason, sorry, all this is happening to you. I know it's easy for those of us who are not you to tell you not to worry, but I can can remember back to when I brought mine home and how I that boat was all I lived and breathed. Well, I guess it still is...heck, I take naps in it out in the garage. I was fortunate that my Sanger's only issue was a broken gas cap chain.

I think that once it's fixed it will not be an issue again. Honestly, I would rather have electrical issues over mechanical issues on a new motor. Electrical is minimally invasive on a motor and rarely does an electrical issue turn into mechanical damage, especially with the symptoms you've been describing of the boat. Electrical problems are difficult to diagnose as compared to mechanical problems, and it sounds like they are doing the right thing by swapping out parts.

My dad was telling me of a friend of his who just purchased a $ 1 million plus "coach" to travel the country in. He left from CA on may 1st and was slated to be in Wash D.C. for July 4th, then head to Florida to see his kids. The factory did the break in for the motor and what not, so it would be ready to go upon delivery. To make a long story short, he's still in Topeka, Kansas, awaiting a new Cat diesel to be placed in the motorhome, sorry "coach", and he's been there since June 21st. He's a little upset nonetheless, and this high end company is not nearly stepping up to the plate like Scott has with you.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-08-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
Yep she is/was our first boat, I think spped bump is putting it nicely. We knew more about BU's and MC's so of course while our "experience" was taking place I heard the whole we should have went with blah blah. We made it through and haven't looked back. I even mentioned one time while I was going through work-ups and then deployment why not sell her and save the money and get a new boat, well lets say I don't like the couch all that much..

SO I can relate to your current pain and only keep telling you as long as Scott's involved don't worry, but I would push for atleast a demo.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-08-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
Jason,

I too can appreciate the rain on your excitement of the first boat. I was giddy as all hell and mine was used. This will pass. And, look at it this way, you're on a first-name basis with Scott Pelleton.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-08-2009, 11:15 PM Reply   
Andy, we are on first name basis, lol. I just wish we met in other ways, I didnt know he holds some World Records too!
Hey Kenny you keep saying demo, like asking from where I bought it? They dont have demos, not sure if the parent company would even help. I would have to say that the niceness of someone offered me their boat this weekend. But it is the weekdays that I can skate out of work that are killing me.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-09-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
How many hours are on it, like 4 or 5?

What do you think your chances are of just getting your money back and buying a Mastercraft, Malibu or Nautique? (one of the big 3)???
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-09-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
All the Mfg have problems from time to time as they build the hull and most everything else comes from outside vendors then is plugged in. I just got an Mastercraft X2 and took the tower down to put it in the garage. When I pulled it out to go I had to adjust some stuff on the tower as I couldn't get the last bolt to go in. I know its a small problem but it is fit and finish and if the bolts don't line up I could cross thread the bolts easily in the aluminum and then Id be screwed. There is also a burned out display on the stereo remote, something is wrong with the trailer lighting system and the fuel gauge is like a quarter tank off. I know it will get fixed at the 20 hr service and it is small stuff compared to a boat not running but all Mfgs have problems from time to time. Its how they stand behind their product thats important.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-09-2009, 10:32 PM Reply   
Yeah I had about 8 hours on it when the first time it happened.
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-10-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
Rich, good luck with the fuel gauge. I've never seen an accurate one in a boat.

My first boat, a family runabout, had the steering hooked up backwards. Turn left, go right. I thought I was screwed up when we launched for the first time and I almost hit another boat .
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
Those problems are known though, my issue they are unsure of.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-10-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
tell em to make that boat their new demo and give you a different one. they can tinker on it on their dime.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
tell who? I have only been working with a rep at Sanger.
Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-10-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
legit suggestion ^^^^
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-10-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Jason, my post was to tj talking about going with one of the big 3. I just wanted to point out that all mfgs have problems from time to time. Your problem is definitely a tough one for them and of course yourself. When they fix it how long is it gonna take you to trust that its really fixed? Especially if they cant pinpoint it but just finally replace the right part. Thats gonna be the next sucky thing youll get to deal with.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-10-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
BTW- I was at Pedro this past weekend and it was cold and choppy. Does that cheer you up a little?
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-10-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
This situation totally sucks for Jason.. personally.. the 3rd time would be the nail on the coffin for me..

So there was pedro when it first started, Delta the 2nd time and now the 3rd time was what they THOUGHT was the problem, really wasnt..

Personally Jason, Id demand on a new boat.. Jason stores his boat 1.5 hours from his house at orwood.. so what happens, jason rounds up some friends.. some with kids and you have a boat full of people and kids that want to spend a happy day out on the water... you get out... drop the boat.. get out to vics and BAM boat dies.. now you have a safety issue.. drifitng boat, panic'd parents and no way to move the boat around or pay a hefty price to have it towed back to orwood.. So not worth it.. boat should be piece of mind that it will run and be reliable, otherwise whats the point.. Jason will always have it in his mind that something MIGHT break because thats what it always has done from the getgo...

What will it cost Sanger to swap a boat out with 5-10 hours on it and give Jason a piece of mind that him and his kid and friends are not going to be sitting on a dead boat somewhere AGAIN... Then Sanger can identify the problem and fix it and use it as a demo boat or whatever else they want to do with it...

Just my 2 cents..
Boat industry or not.. If I bought a vehicle for 40k, whether its a boat, car, airplane, helicopter, go kart etc... if they cant fix it after the first time, Id demand another one..
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
Your right I will not have piece of mind with my Sanger when I take it out, people will want me to take out first to make sure. I think there will be this doubt because as of now they dont know why its not working, and they dont know why it wont start. I know for sure starting over would give a piece of mind! But demand from who?
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
And yes for those of you that wanna chime in, I am mad at Sanger at the end of the day that is the name on side of boat, not ecu, not engine, not gps. Yes unhappy customer! I am not looking into future years of fun, I am looking NOW, and NOW is NOTHING!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-10-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
I would call Sanger directly and talk to the head honcho there.. not the manager, not the receptionist.. like the VP or the owner himself.. and explain the entire situation.. ESPECIALLY with kids..
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-10-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
Wow still nothing yet?

He already is talking with a big wig at Sanger directly.

(Message edited by innov8 on August 10, 2009)
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-10-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
big wig is not the owner.. big wig at the end of the day doesnt really care whether your boat is ready or not.. no pun intended to Scott... its just I dont know if the Big wig has the final say in wether he gets a new boat or not..

(559)485-2842

"Hi my name is Jason who has recently purchased a Brand new Sanger that doesnt run.. I would like to talk to Mike or Kathy Davidsonas as I am a VERY unhappy customer"

(Message edited by extremeisaac on August 10, 2009)

(Message edited by extremeisaac on August 10, 2009)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-10-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
I would say Scott has the authority and I think he cares, or he wouldn't have gone to the lake a towed him in, or got on this thread and posted.

Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-10-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
As business owner myself Sanger needs to do the right thing and get Jason a new boat,in the end it will be a win ,win for both parties, Jason will be happy and Sanger gets kudos for stepping up.Word of mouth best advertisment ever.You cant put a price on that kind of customer satisfaction.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
Just an FYI
Scott is not an employee of Sanger. He works for
the West Coast Sanger distributor Kal Kustom
http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Pellaton_Scott_237218449.aspx

(Message edited by krbaugh on August 10, 2009)
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-10-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
I read that as he is the National Sales Direction of Sanger, and that Sanger is a division of Kal Kustoms Enterprises.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2009, 4:12 PM Reply   
It is not!
Sanger is not owned by KK

http://www.sangerboats.com/sanger-history.html

(Message edited by krbaugh on August 10, 2009)
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-10-2009, 4:19 PM Reply   
Jason have they even given you a deadline or a direction where this will end? What happens if a month from now this is still going on? I would think a deadline wouldn't be asking too much in your case. Whats it been already 2.5 weeks? Wow have you made a payment on a non working boat during this time? Basically all you have right now is a really comfortable good looking dock. Explain that to someone. Ask Scott who at Sanger you could escalate this to. Even though hes doing all he can sometimes going politely over some ones head gets things done.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-10-2009, 4:33 PM Reply   
Kevin I was just reading the link you posted that's all. I see you changed it though so it links to his profile which makes more sense. You gotta admit the other link was confusing. Either way having the National Sales Director working on it is a good thing I'm hoping it gets resolved.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2009, 4:40 PM Reply   
The Kal Kustom thing always confuses people they distribute some boats and own others.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
This is where I get lost. When I did try calling Sanger, they game Scott my number and told me he would call me. It has been 18 days without boat. (except the 1.5 hours when it died)

Was told it would be ready last Friday, but ran into not starting problem. As of now I have no deadline.

I mean if I would have know this I would not have paid for my storage that my boat has never been in, which I am out that money too. But I had not choice but to get storage stop because I have no garage and thought I would be parking in it.

Like I said I called Sanger and it was a dead end. I'll be honest and Issac you know how I battled between boats and as of NOW with how this is all gone down I question my own decision.

I don't except "welcome to the boat world".

I dont want a used boat back!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-10-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
call in the am to Sanger and ask for Mike or Kathy... I wouldnt deal with anyone else
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
Update to log.

Was called today by second party was told they found the problem (wasnt sure to first problem or second one) and part is being shipped.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-10-2009, 6:42 PM Reply   
Isn't this more like a mercruiser problem. A merc rep should be out there. Sanger just drops these things in off a crate more or less I thought.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-10-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
I agree with Todd. mercruiser should step up to the plate and make it right
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 6:58 PM Reply   
A rep is there....When someone ask me what kind of boat I have I say a 2009 Sanger and my Sanger is broke down. I dont say my Merc is broke down, Yes it is the the wiring or engine, I dont know.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-10-2009, 8:00 PM Reply   
Jason.. so if they "found the problem" have them put it in writing that if it happens again you get a new boat.. nice and simple... it runs great = you have a great boat... problem happens again = you get a new great boat...
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-10-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
Got my fingers crossed for ya Jason.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
I would have to agree with Isaac on his lasted post. Happens again then you get a new boat of "CHOICE", not a hand-me-down.
Old     (glassywater09)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-10-2009, 10:18 PM Reply   
Way too many have had problems with 'new' boats.... Stories are endless it seems. The ones I know are of Natique, Mastercraft, Supra and now Sanger. Same frustrations. I have a 'used' Malibu, had 80 hrs 4 yrs ago, 500+ now. One $7-plumbing elbow and a heater core. Thats all. Love that Malibu. Seems buying used with low hours could have merit... It's ok to shoot someone Jason, it's only fair.