Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
Test drove the 09 over the weekend and loved how it handled. It had a few options I didn't want and was missing some I do, so I'm thinking if I go wiht an Axis I should look into ordering a 2010 wiht what I want on it. Does anyone have any news on what will be different?
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       08-17-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
chris,

I don't have any info on them, but were you testing that all blue one at tommys? I was there on saturday and that thing was absolutely beautiful.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Yes I was, like it a lot. Just would like it with the plug and play ballast, a bolster and a spare tire. not really impressed by the speakers on the tower, so I figured I'd take them out and for their price get the other three.

Not completely sold on the Axis yet, still going to test drive a few more boats, including the VTX, but right now it's in the lead, though my wife isn't quite as high on it as I am.

It handles very very well. Kind of loud, but very responsive and maneuverable. Also love the space, but think the storage is very overrated on it. Not a lot of functional, or at least as functional as I'm used to, storage space, also the Ipod hook up doesn't work with the iphone, which sucks.

What I know about the 2010 is the captain chair has a swivle option, which I think should be standard, but that's about all

Also liked the white and black one they had better than the blue.

(Message edited by cjh1669 on August 17, 2009)
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-17-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
The two that I have in stock that are 09's both work with an I-Phone. We just used one the other day. At least the new I-Phone. Both of the boats also have the flip up bolster which is an option. Spare tires are an easy to get item. New for 2010 is a 400hp engine option, salt water series, Tatami Snap-In Mat to replace carpet as an option, Grab Handles inside the boat, More foam and bolster to the interior, 3 more cupholders in the sundeck area, and an additional vinyl texture option, swivel drivers seat, better porting for the sub, and a 12" instead of 10" woofer, a deck track non skid package, and a vandall edition package with all of the options that he uses on his boat. That is exactly what they sent me for changes.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
Thank you, most of those sound good. Must be the old G Iphones. Didn't test, the salesmen just told me that was the case. I didn't think it'd need the flip up bolster, and in fact I didn't find the need for it, but my wife had to sit up on her leg to see. I really like the boat, my wife liked it much better on the water than she did in the showroom, and I think I'm going to push her that way. I like the VTX, but I want a larger boat, and the axis has more room than my friends 24v tige. I think a 22' is about as big as we can go in our garage, and I want to avoid storage charges.

Bret do yours have the the plug and play, and if so, have you seen how much it effects the wake?

Anyone been on one with FAE? I'm wondering how much it reduces the noise.

Really the only negative I found was the storage, since the Iphone thing has been proven wrong, but compared to the VTX it's still much better.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-17-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
^ does FAE and the wedge bump?

I have been riding off a VLX (i believe the base to for the Axis) and I would get plug and play, we have been doing stock (1250 lbs) + about 1300lbs extra and no wedge.... the wake is great, I would just use plug n play and no wedge, then FAE won't be an issue and the flip up seat, just toss a throwable cushion on the seat and it works the same and saves loads of cash
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
Good points. I'll have to look into the wedge thing vs FAE. Liked the wake, but would like the ability to make it much bigger, plug n play is a must.

Another question is racks, would need to keep both sets of wakeboard racks, but need to add a surf rack and hydrofoil rack. Anyone know the best racks to add to the axis tower aftermarket?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-17-2009, 6:14 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever met anyone who has purchased one of these. I think BU is making a huge mistake by not making it a BU. I would be interested in one but how long will "Axis" stay in business and will the experiment stick. I would BE extremely interested if they had dumped the Ride line and made the A22 their price point v drive boat and keep the i ride.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-17-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
^^ One of my best friends from college bought one. He still lives in TN and I am in CO. I can call him and ask him any specific questions you have. that goes for the OP as well.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-18-2009, 6:42 AM Reply   
I ride no longer in production. There are a few of these on the river and the owners seem to like them and they are good looking boats. However, the vride is still much plusher than the axis.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-18-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
What does the pricing look like on these things?
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-18-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
I would not buy one without the plug and play. It makes a huge difference in the wake. 25mph with factory ballast, plug and play, wedge down. Wake is SICK...........
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
The wake wasn't too bad with stock and wedge, but I agree it needs the plug and play.

SS they run low to mid 40's.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-18-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
Chris, is that pretty loaded or stripped?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
The one I looked at was fairly loaded, only thing missing was swivle board racks, which you don't really need due to where they are on the rack, bolster seat, plug and play balast, spare tire and upgraded wheels on the trailer.
They wanted 48K, but I think that price is way too high after finding some online with almost everything for around 45K.

It had the loaded stereo system, but like I said, I wasn't impressed with it. That being said, I'm not really into blasing tunes while I'm riding, i'm more listening while chilling on the lake with it in the background.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-18-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
Here we go..... Now everyone is going to start with the I saw one loaded for 40K posts... If only you knew. The one I have that is loaded can be had for 47K. It has the upgraded trailer, upgraded stereo, snap out carpet, heater, docking lights, all the l.e.d.s. transom lights, swivel racks, flip bolster, flip up walk through seats, wedge, plug and play. thats LOADED.......
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
This one really only had the full stereo, upgraded prop, wedge and gel coat. They wanted 48K for it. One on either onlyinboards or boattrader had plug and play, bolster, swivle racks, gel coat, lights full stereo. and they wanted just under 46k.

Upgraded trailer isn't something I'd buy. Not big on the bigger wheels and not going to drop a bunch of money for a flashy trailer. AS long as I get a solid trailer, that does it's job, i'm happy. Hell the thing is going to spend most of it's time in a lake parking lot, empty.

Can you get them with a normal walk through bow, instead of that chillax seating? I'm not a big fan of the palypen type bow. Just more vinyl to need to be replaced form people walking on it, and it takes up space.

(Message edited by cjh1669 on August 18, 2009)
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
Bret, just a quick estimate question. how much do you think a 2010 would cost with the plug and play, wedge, stereo minus tower speakers, swivle chair, bolster, bimini, cover, no chillax seating, heater, normal trailer, but with trailer ratchet,Depth finder and high altitude prop?

If you don't do chillax, does that just become normal storage?
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-18-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
Chris- There is aprox. 2500 price increase for 09. that would put that boat around 46 depending on freight. If you do not have the chillax it is storage underneat, however the plug and play will eat that up when it is full.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
The sales guy at tommy's said it was only a couple hundred $ price increase from 09 to 10.

so the 46k is sticker? Where are you seeing the actual sales avg out when the boat actually leaves the door? We won't be financing the boat.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-18-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
The guy at tommys is full of crap. I have an 09 and an 2010 order sheet in front of me. And no that is not sticker. You are only going to be 2-3k Below sticker. Explain to me how each year boats go up 3-5 percent, but the Axis only went up 200 and they made some improvements and more things standard? I love it. I order all of our Axis and Malibu product, so I know what the costs are. I am not just " some sales guy" trying to take a wild guess and sound good. Come on.. Reallyyyyyyyy couple hundred bucks...Its not your fault, but I wish sales guys would just be honest..
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-18-2009, 4:08 PM Reply   
Sale's guys being honestthats pretty funny
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
Eh, is what it is. Honestly I don't expect sales people to give me the whole story. They have to make money and as long as we each come out feeling like it was a good transaction then I think the deal will be good. I'm not too worried, I drive a hard bargin and don't have to buy an axis from them if I don't like what they offer.

How much is the Vandall edition running for 2010. Really like the graphics on that one. Sounds like it's in the 50's though.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-18-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
Vandall edition is 51K ish. plus add if you want the 400hp engine. I will say that if I order another one with plug and play and the wedge I will order the 400hp engine. It struggled very bad with the 335hp and I do have the 14.25x14 prop on it. Just my 2 cents.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
Hmmm, thanks for the tip. Liked how it got up and went with the stock and wedge on the 335, but I can see another 1200lbs causing it to struggle. Nice that they have that option with the 2010. How much is that upgrade? 50+k moves into another level of boats where I don't think the axis really competes well.
I really don't want to spend over 45k
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-20-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
The upgrade is fairly spendy, it would put the price well over 50K. Maybe an 09 would be the way to go if it had the right options.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       08-28-2009, 9:52 PM Reply   
ho;y crap! I just got the price sheet from my dealer on the axis and I think they need to ditch the whole price point fully loaded garbage. w/ the 400hp motor w/ cats and vandel package your almost at the 60k mark. thats more than i paid for my vlx! WTH!