Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-08-2014, 11:02 AM Reply   
So I made the trip down to Orlando from Salt Lake City Friday night at 11:59 PM.. Arrived in Orlando just after 9:00 AM. This was my first time at the Expo and BOY!! That thing is HUGE!! There were a ton of cool things going on!

I snapped a few photos of Pavati's new 2015 AL-24. They have added a few new things this year.

The biggest upgrade is the 12" touch screen they added to the dash! That helped clean it up a ton.

There is now an armrest for the driver when they are controlling the throttle.

A camera on top of the tower to record all the action!

A full bench on the back.

The photos don't really do this boat justice... The new wrap was so sick!! It had a few different shades of Matte Black and Greys... But you can't really tell in the pictures... My bad..

But here they are!
Attached Images

Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-08-2014, 11:08 AM Reply   
Here are some more pictures..
Attached Images

Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-08-2014, 12:04 PM Reply   
Now we just need to see it in action. I think they look bad ass.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-08-2014, 12:20 PM Reply   
Crazy boat! Anyone know if it's legal in their state to ride in those transom seats?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-08-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
Not legal in Washington
Old     (JMoore15)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-08-2014, 1:32 PM Reply   
That is a great looking boat!
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-08-2014, 1:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerbilly View Post
Now we just need to see it in action. I think they look bad ass.
Bill, Have you seen this video before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXlf-SlmqpI

Last edited by AdamBrewer; 09-08-2014 at 1:40 PM.
Old     (JMoore15)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-08-2014, 1:53 PM Reply   
What's the story with the odd step in the running surface (just below the "A" in Pavati)?
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       09-08-2014, 8:59 PM Reply   
I'm surprised Pavati hasn't made a deeper V in their boat. They'd get a better surf wave that way. Of course, they are probably trying to keep it as multi sport as possible, and the less steep V with the larger flat area make a better wakeboard wake.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-08-2014, 9:39 PM Reply   
Seriously cool. Love it
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-09-2014, 12:08 AM Reply   
These things continue to look better and better! Still curious as to why they insist on having seats on the back. Illegal in most places. Otherwise that tower looks fantastic and I'm glad they went away from the skull dashboard.
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       09-09-2014, 5:51 AM Reply   
Boat looks pretty sweet. The tower looks great with the way the lines follow the windshield, but I'm pretty sure I would hate it functionally, as it's the biggest tower blind spot I've ever seen - and looks like you could barely reach an arm between the windshield and tower. I like the seats on the back, and would use them all the time when we're anchored and swimming, since my kids play on the platform. It's definitely illegal to use them underway in MN though - but I'd be surprised if that was Pavati's intent with them.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-09-2014, 7:40 AM Reply   
I really like the way it looks. Love the lines. I don't like mirrors that mount right in your face on the windshield.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2014, 8:24 AM Reply   
I think they're super cool looking boats but they have a pretty big price tag for someone looking to break into this market and I'd be super worried about resale with company that outside of WW has almost zero market presence.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-09-2014, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoore15 View Post
What's the story with the odd step in the running surface (just below the "A" in Pavati)?
It is a stepped hull. Mastercraft has used this one some hulls and you see it on plenty of offshore boats. I believe the idea is that it allows air under the hull and/or reduces drag so the hull is more efficient. If pulled off correctly in a wakeboat I think it would let the boat sit in the water fully at lower speeds but once they reach a certain speed it would reduce the drag and in turn perform more efficiently.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-09-2014, 8:55 AM Reply   
a 21 ft version geared more towards wakeboarding would peak my interest.

Sometimes I ride with Batman and I struggle to accomodate his style, this might be the answer
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       09-09-2014, 10:31 AM Reply   
it has 4 engines, 4 tabs and an odometer?
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-09-2014, 12:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
It is a stepped hull. Mastercraft has used this one some hulls and you see it on plenty of offshore boats. I believe the idea is that it allows air under the hull and/or reduces drag so the hull is more efficient. If pulled off correctly in a wakeboat I think it would let the boat sit in the water fully at lower speeds but once they reach a certain speed it would reduce the drag and in turn perform more efficiently.
That is correct. It is a hull design that gives lift to the boat at higher speeds for more efficiency and fuel economy.
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-09-2014, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
it has 4 engines, 4 tabs and an odometer?
That would be pretty sweet to have four engines and tabs! haha. The reason that the screen looks that way in the photo is we had it set on "demo" mode. The screen we are using is made for big yachts. The 2015 AL-24's come with a keyless ignition (push button start). We didn't want anyone accidentally starting the boat during the show and that is why it was in demo mode. Which caused the screen to be in it's default mode showing random gauges. When it is on standard more only the custom Pavati screens and gauges will show up.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       09-09-2014, 3:48 PM Reply   
interested to see if they fixed the issue with water entering the engine bay thru the back seats. when surfing and stopping, the wave that pushes the back of the boat swamped the boat at the '12 polar bear. positive was the access to the engine. impeller would be literally a 5 minute job.

I liked the boat, but the back seat is really pretty worthless. illegal in most areas to ride and not what I would want to chill on when relaxing.

hope they sell a few and get some positive press. build quality is top notch...
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-09-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm01 View Post
interested to see if they fixed the issue with water entering the engine bay thru the back seats. when surfing and stopping, the wave that pushes the back of the boat swamped the boat at the '12 polar bear. positive was the access to the engine. impeller would be literally a 5 minute job.

I liked the boat, but the back seat is really pretty worthless. illegal in most areas to ride and not what I would want to chill on when relaxing.

hope they sell a few and get some positive press. build quality is top notch...
I haven't had the swamping issue in the two that I have been on. The clamp system in the back now works very well. The engine access on this latest model offers an even wider compartment than before!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-10-2014, 7:27 PM Reply   
Whose the rider doing the 5 shuvs and the bigger spins?!!! Super Impressive!!! Sweet Boat!!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-11-2014, 6:50 AM Reply   
That looks great. I see there is no rubrail. Do most jet sleds have rubrails?

Are those pop out arm rests for the rear seats?
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-11-2014, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wofrankwo View Post
Whose the rider doing the 5 shuvs and the bigger spins?!!! Super Impressive!!! Sweet Boat!!!
I will find out for you!
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-11-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
That looks great. I see there is no rubrail. Do most jet sleds have rubrails?

Are those pop out arm rests for the rear seats?
Yepp! They are! There are also pop out armrests in the bow as well.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-11-2014, 9:18 PM Reply   
Whats the pricing indication, are they MB money or MasterCraft money....
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-11-2014, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
G25 money
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-11-2014, 9:33 PM Reply   
Hmmmmm
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-12-2014, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
They run anywhere from $128,000 up to $160,000 right now depending which options you have on it. Unless you get your hands on one of the demo boats!
Old     (RIDE_LAB)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-12-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
We'll at least they made the ugliest stupidest boat ever.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-12-2014, 9:19 AM Reply   
the one that was at Surf Expo is $167K OUCH is an understatement
Old     (BOWZ)      Join Date: Apr 2013       12-30-2014, 9:14 PM Reply   
Well I just saw this boat at our local marina, It will be the next boat the wife and I buy. This one had the LS3 engine, I'm a diesel mechanic by trade so naturally I want there diesel option. The flat black wrap is awesome, fit in and finish was great!

The wife begging me to find a way to take it home, man is it tall compared to the SSV!

Bowz
Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-03-2015, 8:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWZ View Post
Well I just saw this boat at our local marina, It will be the next boat the wife and I buy. This one had the LS3 engine, I'm a diesel mechanic by trade so naturally I want there diesel option. The flat black wrap is awesome, fit in and finish was great!

The wife begging me to find a way to take it home, man is it tall compared to the SSV!

Bowz
How tall is your wife?
Old     (BOWZ)      Join Date: Apr 2013       02-20-2015, 5:42 PM Reply   
hmmm, 5'2"

That thing is tall huh!!!

Bowz