Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Chorn)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-23-2014, 9:54 PM Reply   
This past May we bought our first wakesurf boat, without anyone in the family ever having wakesurfed or wakeboarded before. But we had decided we were going to get a boat and I figured if we were going to get one, we might as well try something more interesting than a standard runabout. After doing our research and due diligence, we found a good deal on a 2011 Supreme V226, which is a pretty rare boat out here in NY. We love the boat and I love surfing....the rest of the family is a little more mixed on the subject. It took me approximately 2/3 of the summer to figure out I was goofy footed - after I did, my progress accelerated rapidly. I was hampered somewhat by the fact that our boat is set up for people who surf regular footed. The wake on the goofy side was quite unimpressive as compared to the regular side (which is awesome). Since the boat is put away now, I am in the process of arranging to have it modded to suit my goofy footed stance. This brings me to me my question - what to do? My current setup is as follows.

Boat Year: 2011
Boat Make: Ski Supreme
Boat Model: V226
Engine: Scorpion 350 DTS
Ballast Setup: Stock ballast system includes 600 lbs center tank, 250 lbs port and starboard, + custom 1100 lb FlyHigh surf sac plumbed in to port locker and Jabsco ballast pump. I also have a 400lb sac that I filled manually this summer when I wanted to surf on the goofy side.

I was intending to simply plumb in another 1100 lb FlyHigh surf sac in the starboard locker with another Jabsco ballast pump - plus 400 lbs of lead wake bags to use along the side or in the bow. I have read it is sometimes harder to clean up a wake on the goofy side so extra weight is useful.

The guy who is modding my boat for me suggested going with an Enzo sac w712 for 1450lbs in the starboard locker and under the starboard bench seat. I could then use the 400lbs of lead wake bags in the bow of the boat to improve the length of the wave.

The second option currently sounds better to me. Am I on the right track here? Is there a different setup I should consider to improve the goofy side? Will the w712 sac be a good fit for my locker or do I need to go custom? I'd really rather avoid the added expense if the fly high Enzo sac will work. I should mention that we only wakesurf so we don't need to worry about weighting for wake boarding.

Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-24-2014, 6:26 PM Reply   
You for sure can just put in an 1100 in the rear locker and then throw a 400 on top of the seat or 400lbs of lead under the seat. Fill all the hard tanks trim at 100% speed 11.2 to 11.8 depending on what you like. we also put a couple hundred pounds of lead in the bow. If you want to get away from sacks on the seat pulling the hard tanks and going with the custom 226 surf sacks is the best way.
Old     (Chorn)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-24-2014, 6:36 PM Reply   
So, do you not like the 1450 lb Enzo sac? I don't want any bags on the seat or other surfaces of the boat or do any manual filling, so if I'm adding more weight it either needs to be a plumbed bag or lead. How expensive/complicated is pulling the hard tanks and putting in custom 226 sacs and how much weight would I end up with that way? I'm figuring between the 250 hard starboard tank, the 400 in lead, the 600 in the front hard tank, and the 1450 from The Enzo sac, I'd have 2100 on the goofy side with another 600 towards the front/middle. I'd probably move about 200 of that to the bow so that I have 1900 in the back, 600 in the front/middle and 200 up front.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Chorn; 11-24-2014 at 6:38 PM. Reason: Typo
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-25-2014, 4:47 AM Reply   
Enzo sack is nice but not the right size. Wakemakers sells custom 226 enzo sacks. We have them in our boat and they are awesome. Pulling the tanks is easy but the cheapest way is to plum in an 1100 and put lead under the seat . An enzo style sack will not fit with the tanks still in place
Old     (Chorn)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-25-2014, 2:47 PM Reply   
So is the hard tank directly under the starboard locker or the starboard bench seat or both? I had thought there was room for an Enzo sack without removing the tanks but if that's not the case then I need to rethink the whole thing. Might be back to the 1100 and lead.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-26-2014, 4:35 AM Reply   
they are under both side seats the hard tank has to come out if you want to run enzo style sacks