Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       01-17-2017, 9:14 AM Reply   
I came across a couple of used Tige swim platforms, I have a Sanger v210 that needs platform refinisishing. They also have a vx available. Anyone familar or have a tige that could chime in if this is worth considering? Is the VX mounted directly to the platform?

Thanks,

reason for considering is would this surf like a 23' boat with this platform?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-17-2017, 10:36 AM Reply   
A VX follows the underside of a Tige. I wouldn't think it would line up with a Sanger what so ever. Yes, the VX mounts to the swimplatform
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-17-2017, 11:12 AM Reply   
Like dave said it does bolt directly to the platform.

I also agree it wouldn't work at all. It needs to perfectly match the bottom of your boat and fit tight(seal) to the transom. The VXs are all different to the specific hull within the Tige line. Its not a one size fits all. Tige has a lot more V that what I think your Sanger is gonna have.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-17-2017, 12:10 PM Reply   
yes it is. refinish it

Last edited by denverd1; 01-17-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       01-17-2017, 2:13 PM Reply   
Thanks, Winter is getting to me....
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-19-2017, 8:16 AM Reply   
me too.

How you gonna finish it? redo teak? sanding, oil, etc
love a good teak platform but have ate $#it a few times getting in the water. a 1200 (or more) grit finished platform doesn't sound like a good time. at all.

Keep thinking about the new boat floor finishes. sea dek or whatever its called. seems like it would hold up to the sun and water.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-19-2017, 8:18 AM Reply   
nothing on seadek's site for sangers. I emailed them.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-19-2017, 8:59 AM Reply   
^ You can always order their template kit.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       01-20-2017, 10:08 AM Reply   
Problem I see is removing the carpet and sanding the floor and having a perfect fit for the seadek/gatorstep. Big expense of both time and money. it's a fibreglass platform so all i need to do is cut polish and put new traction. might buy generic traction and add my own.