Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-22-2016, 10:09 AM Reply   
Just got my wrap finished on the XStar and heading to Lake Powell for the 4th. I've been going to Powell for 20+ years and the water spots can get pretty tough there. This is my first wrap and I was wanting to at least get a coat of wax on there, but was also curious what everyone's using for water spots. I usually go 50/50 water and vinegar and also a spray on wax after, but not sure if that's safe for the wrap. Thanks for the help
Attached Images

Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-22-2016, 2:25 PM Reply   
I have wrap on my boat and truck. Soap and water works perfect. No need to wax really. The vinyl is extremely tough, no need to worry about waxing, but if you want to, go ahead. Heck, I've used a magic eraser to get marks of the wrap. I just use water in vinegar to get the water spots off. I have a flat white wrap, but I see you have gloss black. If you ever see swirl marks from drying with regular towels, just quickly go over it with a torch, the heat takes the swirls out right away. My buddy is a professional installer for vinyls wraps and had taught me a bunch when installing on my truck.

On my truck though, I applied a ceramic coating called Cquartz. It makes the vinyl hydrophobic.