Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2013, 1:06 PM Reply   
How many uses could you find for this?

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-22-2013, 1:57 PM Reply   
I can't see youtube, but is that possibly a video of my x wife? She had one use and it was in the kitchen.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       07-22-2013, 2:21 PM Reply   
^ haha classy...

This looks to be similar to the Ultra Ever Dry topic that came up a while back. But working with Rustoleum is huge difference spray cans are so much easier to work with and according to home depot you can cover 10 - 15 sq ft with a one set of base and top coat for $20 which sounds a lot more reasonable. My biggest question is how long it works before you would need to apply another coat.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-23-2013, 12:21 PM Reply   
I purchased some a little while back... works amazing with water, I was hoping it was somewhat oleophobic too, it is not.

... for a work project, I sprayed it on piece of air filter material... water just beads on top.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-23-2013, 4:06 PM Reply   
How would this work on say, socks to wear with a wetsuit/drysuit? Like, do you think you could put something like this on a long sock that runs underneath the end of the wetsuit and keep your feet dry (therefor, somewhat warmer) when in cold water (scuba, riding, surfing, winter running etc.)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-24-2013, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
How would this work on say, socks to wear with a wetsuit/drysuit?
I don't see why it wouldn't work... the only issue I would say is that the material I sprayed is normally soft and flexible... after coating it, it made it quite brittle/crusty. Perhaps you wear them for a day or two the stiffness would go away.

.... hopefully today I can test it on some plexi-glass to see if it dries without a noticeable film.... This stuff would be AMAZING on a windshield.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-24-2013, 7:37 AM Reply   
I have watched a stack of videos on Youtube on this stuff. It looks pretty darn cool. I can think of a million things this would work on . I am sure that it is not a miracle, but it looks cool. Let us know how it goes. I think there are issues with it on glass/shiny stuff like auto paint/fiberglass. I love the idea of spraying on inner moto fenders to make it easy to clean up after a day in the mud.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-24-2013, 1:14 PM Reply   
From what I understand, it dries with a matte haze. Just got ahold of some, going to test tonight. Potentially doing phones soon
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-25-2013, 8:03 AM Reply   
Alright so last night I had a little fun with the NeverWet. I marked a piece of paper down the middle and the did one side coated in NW, and the other as normal. I set it in the sink and let the water run for a minute... NeverWet side came up crisp as new paper, the control side was torn up and soggy from the water pressure. So far so good!
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-25-2013, 10:14 AM Reply   
I was hoping this stuff would help me get another year out of my boat cover, which is leaking like crazy, but I don't think I'm going to try it. Most of the stuff I've been reading indicates that it rubs off pretty quickly and is sensitive to UV rays. I'm thinking that the technology just isn't quite there yet.