Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-18-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
Holy Crap! Wake World has been a home away from home sort aspeak the last several years. Thanks Guys for all the entertainment I'm sitting on 1660 points too, I think its time to use em.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-18-2012, 10:08 AM Reply   
I didn't realize it at the time but a few years back I was one of the top 20 posters on wakeworld. Didn't realize how much time I spent talking wakeboarding and other stuff on here. When they changed the new website I lost most of my posts and for whatever reason i just didn't come back as much. I guess I've gotten used to the new look and feel so it's not a big deal any more but I used to spend more time here then on facebook or any other site.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-18-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
Yeah we lost a lot of guys with the new look and it first I didn't like it either but no I can't remember what the other site even looked like.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-19-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
Do you get a point per post or something?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-19-2012, 12:37 PM Reply   
Yeah, I'm sitting just over 2000 posts and I think I have been on here about 3 years now. Since I have pretty much retired from wakeboarding, I don't post near as much except in this forum. Traffic has quieted lately since SamIngram changed his name and decided to run for office. Not nearly as many kooky posts.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-20-2012, 5:37 PM Reply   
I've long since acquired all that I need for boarding.

boat
dry suit
vests
ropes
handles
bindings
multiple boards
skate
ballast system
Perfect Pass
stereo
pro audio
truck

Don't really have much to chat about boarding.

That said It is and always will be my pleasure to insure the NFL Smack Talking Thread continues.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-21-2012, 12:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do you get a point per post or something?
I'm not sure how the points work but It's nor per post because I've never used my points. I looked through the store but I couldn't pull the trigger on anything. Maybe I should just get 16 beer cozies
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-21-2012, 9:02 PM Reply   
haha, congrats hate!!! yah a lot of old faces gone these days, i.e. myself but i still lurk when i see posts from my boyz or old school guys like in this thread, hate, cliff, dftr etc.... i didnt take well to the changes either as im not a social network kinda guy. also, the material has just been a tad different these days and the repetitive topics after the years go by tends to burn you out trying to sift through them.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-22-2012, 3:54 AM Reply   
Cliff, you chime in on the SM threads as well.

I used to rely on this forum to sort out all of my personal problems. I got a lot of great advice from members who are older and wiser.

Congrats on 4k, Hate!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
Rippa! I haven't seen you in ages. Good to hear from ya. I know what you mean about the repetitiveness I can barely stomach another tower speaker thread. Thats why I like the non wakeboarding section. Its constantly varied.

Bendow, you still dating that older gal?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-22-2012, 1:30 PM Reply   
Looks like it is old timer's day, so I thought I would jump on (1st time in a LONG time) and say hi to everyone. Had to get rid of the boat a little over 2 years ago, but still have the love for everything boats. Trying to talk my girl into another one (fingers crossed). Looking forward to the summer and getting on the water soon! I work for a tower company, so I at least get to climb on boats in the parking lot . I was way up in points (over 3000) before the change-over, but it showed a lot less on the new site. No big deal. At least I live right near the head Wakeworld janitor. He takes good care of me! Good to see a few of the old posters here. I am on here all the time, but just don't post often anymore. Gotta work on that!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-22-2012, 10:33 PM Reply   
I just cut the prices in the Points Store by 50% in some cases to get people to use their points. Seems like we have some good stuff, but nobody is cashing in. What's up with that?
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-23-2012, 12:49 PM Reply   
As soon as I get to 200 points I will order the liquid force trailer hitch cover. There are some great items at the point store and I thank you for doing that.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-25-2012, 6:57 AM Reply   
Nope...not with that girl anymore...

Last edited by wakeworld; 08-19-2012 at 1:17 AM.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-25-2012, 6:10 PM Reply   
Buzzmeister good to see you posting my friend long time no talk. hope all is well. Maybe we should start a creation evolution debate like the old days lol J/K
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-18-2012, 2:16 PM Reply   
Reading this post brought back all the memories of the high school days when i would come home and instantly get on wakeworld before rolling out to the delta, havent made as many posts on here as some but i recognize all the names on here, im a closet poster and enjoy the reading of all the stuff you all have talked about over the years, the new site took some getting used to but i enjoyed the beta testing and was stoked that i got to have my little part in it (the little wakeworld icon that pops up on the address bar, i was lucky enough to have mine chosen out of all the awesome entries) definitely alot of new faces on here making all these repetitive posts. Im getting tired of all these MC vs CC posts, but the non wakeboarding discusion board always keeps it interesting, glad to see all the old faces around here from the old site, keeping my duty days on a much bigger boat (USS Ronald Reagan) very interesting. Heres to many more posts and good reads in the future ahead
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-20-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
n00bz
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-20-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
Damn, strait OG's posting in this thread. Good to see some are still out there.
Old    Swass            08-20-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
Newbies.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-20-2012, 12:00 PM Reply   
congrats!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-20-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
I had no clue where I was at, but I'm well on my way to the 6k club.... I need a life.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-21-2012, 3:13 PM Reply   
So are
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-21-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
you saying they
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-21-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
count posts for points?