Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-28-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
I landed it my second try, but everytime i try it again i get wrecked.

Heres a vid

Last edited by homedawg678; 07-28-2010 at 7:37 AM.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
It's all mental. The first time you try a trick you kind of just go for it, after that you over think it. You'll get again once you relax.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-28-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
Bend your knees and keep that handle close to your body and down at your hips. The first couple you are landing with straight legs, so you just get bounced out when you land. The last couple you are letting the rope get away from you and its pulling you off axis. This trick is easier the longer you wait for it. When you are cutting in really think about getting that pop first, then pulling on the handle, then passing.
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-28-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
your're trying to pass the handle to quick... slow everything down, make sure you get the pop first, don't spin off the wake pull the handle and place it on your lower back for your rotation, and pass the handle palm to palm. You really should not have to pass the handle on the TSFS 3 i do not pass the handle till after i land; just land with the handle on your back, i found it much easier when learning.
Old     (JDubs)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-28-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
Also, your body will follow your head. Make sure you are looking down at your right foot or behind you. Don't look at the boat or your will over rotate and slide out on your heals. If you are going for a 5 get both hands back on the handle and look for the boat. Good luck.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Misfit View Post
your're trying to pass the handle to quick... slow everything down, make sure you get the pop first, don't spin off the wake pull the handle and place it on your lower back for your rotation, and pass the handle palm to palm. You really should not have to pass the handle on the TSFS 3 i do not pass the handle till after i land; just land with the handle on your back, i found it much easier when learning.
I'll have to give that a try, becasue the handle pass tends to be my down fall on the TS FS 3
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-28-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Nick, its exactly as Christopher says. You are spinning too early, with a TS 3 you don't really need to rotate all that much. Just pop, turn your head, wait for the peak and on the way down pass the handle. I also wouldn't look down, look at the shore you are headed to, I've found keeping your eyes up is huge especially when you start intentionally landing wrapped or grabbing indy or stale.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-28-2010, 9:37 AM Reply   
i just had a coach work with me on 3's this last weekend. he would only let me cut in from 15 feet out, as opposed to a long way out. it helped me get my edging correct and get lots of pop. then I could pop, pull, and pass properly. before that he said I was coming in with enough speed to do 7's but I couldn't barely ride out 3's. it might work for you to practice coming in edging through the wake and take the trick up (pop) as opposed to distance and land in the flats.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-28-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
watched it a few more times....try landing with soft knees and weight over your toes. once you get the 3 down it won't be long and you'll have the 5