Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Ccamp2)      Join Date: May 2012       05-31-2020, 1:46 AM Reply   
On our maiden voyage yesterday 2 of my ballast are working.. After turning pumps on we never get overflow.. And then when emptying nothing comes out..

Its new.. What should we try first?
Old     (Ccamp2)      Join Date: May 2012       05-31-2020, 1:52 AM Reply   
It feels like they just arent priming
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       05-31-2020, 2:29 AM Reply   
Dumb question but are the valves open? If they are open you might just have an air lock. Try filling at 15 or 20mph and force the air out. Fill them for 30 sec and then empty while at speed. After that they will be primed at should be good.
Old     (Ccamp2)      Join Date: May 2012       05-31-2020, 3:00 AM Reply   
Valves are open.. I will Definately try the second suggestion
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-31-2020, 9:00 AM Reply   
What kind of boat? Are they impeller driven or aerator pumps? I’d feel each pump to make sure they’re running. If not, I’d get a multimeter on each pump and make sure you’re getting voltage. If you’re not getting voltage, I’d check fuses and then the wiring. If they’re impeller-driven there’s nothing to prime but the impellers may be worn out. I’d still confirm you’re getting power to the pumps first. If they’re aerator pumps the above post’s recommendations should work.
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       06-01-2020, 1:16 AM Reply   
I bet the just have an air lock if the valves are on. I trailer my boat a lot and don’t usually close the valves. I’ll notice the bags fill with air a little bit after trailering. Sometimes I get an air lock in my bow bag and it won’t fill at first. I just have to get up to wakeboard speeds and turn on the fill for 10-30 seconds. I’ll turn on the empty after that and if I see what coming out the side I know it’s primed back up and will fill. Usually just a quick fill and dump and the air is gone.