Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jaxfoiler)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-02-2013, 1:38 PM Reply   
Has anyone on the site here, heard of, been to, or live on/near Cherokee Lake, TN...

I am doing some research for my Dad, he is looking into a lot in a community on this lake. If you know anything about this area, please give me your input. Pros/Cons

I want to know if waterskiing, wakeboarding, Hydrofoiling, etc. All water sports are good there! He is not into water sports, But if we go to visit and stay for vacations, that is a major plus for my wife and son.

Thanks for any input.
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-02-2013, 6:15 PM Reply   
hey chris, boarding and watersports in general is good here on cherokee. I was born and raised here ,great water and great people. Give us a yell if you all make it down here.We start riding around march. We know several places for sale depending on wat your dad wants.
Old     (jaxfoiler)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-03-2013, 12:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for the reply. He is looking at property in Turners Landing. Is that place any good?? Dosent look like many homes are in there but looks to be nice. Its in Russelville, TN.
He has some property he was thinking of trading in florida to some people who own peoperty at this development in TN.

Let me know if you know anything about it.
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-03-2013, 4:54 PM Reply   
We live about 15 min outside of Morristown on bean station side of the lake there is some nice lake lots on Cherokee . If he is still looking for a lot give me a shout , I do cabinet work for several of the home builders here locally . What kind of lot is he looking for?
Old     (jaxfoiler)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-04-2013, 4:26 AM Reply   
The Lot he has been looking at is a lake view lot in Turners Landing Subdivision. Small world for cabinet makers, here in Florida thats what we do, we have a large cabinet shop where we manufacture a lot of our own items as well as we build homes. But we do more than the cabinets per say, flooring, countertops, remodels, additions, new construction, etc..
Old     (ShaggyKnoxvegas)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-04-2013, 1:18 PM Reply   
i ride up there every once and a while and is great water to ride on for sure. Lots of spots to ride away from everyone. I live in Knoxville and live on Fort Loudon but ride all over from Melton Hill, Norris, Cherokee and Watts Bar. Cant go wrong up here its like a meca for water sports. He will not be dissapointed for sure.
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2013, 9:49 AM Reply   
Hey Chris small world indeed .lol if you all head up this way give us a yell we can give you a pull or just show your family around.
what part of fla. you all from?
Old     (Spoone)      Join Date: Sep 2010       01-09-2013, 10:13 AM Reply   
Hey Chris, I used to live in Turner's Landing and my brother and one my friends still live there. Cherokee is a great lake to wakeboard/ski on, especially after July 4th, when everyone seems to put their boats up for the year. There are a few good spots about a 5-10 minute boat drive from Turner's Landing where you can find calm water. If you are there this summer, my buddy has a yellow and black SANTE that he keeps on a lift at the marina and I have a black and grey VTX and we are usually out 3-4 times a week, so look us up. Also, not to throw in a sales pitch, but I have three lots for sale in Turner's Landing, one which is lake front, Lot 88, if you or your dad are interested. I have it priced at $39K, which is lower than any other lake front lot on the lake.
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-09-2013, 4:32 PM Reply   
small world. turners landing is where our old camping spot was when i was growing up. mom and dad live close to there. you are on the best end of the lake for smooth water year around even weekends. a little far from lake dining but its possible, about and hour or less by boat. fall creek dock is very close, about 5 minutes for gas if you need it. turners landing is super nice also. the lake water is a little dirty but its still clean enough. i live on douglas lake now and like it a little better but cherokee is still a very cool large lake. water goes up and down by 30 feet or so but its always up during season and i think turners dock is in the water year around. lots of boarders on cherokee so you'll fit right in and there is a great tie up spot for boarders about 30 mins down river.

hope this helps.
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-09-2013, 4:33 PM Reply   
whats up spoone

get your ass to douglas this year
Old     (QuickVR4)      Join Date: May 2012       01-15-2013, 11:21 AM Reply   
Wow, it is a small world. I am the black and yellow SANTE metioned by Jason. I really enjoy living in Turner's Landing and the summer months are great. As mentioned, during the summer we try and get out 3-4 times a week. We do only watersports, but it is still a big fishing lake with plenty of room for everyone to get along. Since Jason is throwing in his sales pitch, I am bank loan officer and have financed 4 homes and numerous lots out there so if you father needs a local banker familiar with the property, give me a yell.

Kevin,

Definitely looking to get on Douglas this year. Might leave the boat at home and let you and Bert play tour guide.

C-ya

Brent
Old     (jaxfoiler)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-16-2013, 4:50 AM Reply   
We did more research and I think my Dad is NOT looking at Turners Landing on Cherokee Lake anymore....He has a 40 ft. Diesel Pusher. Very, very nice motorhome, 3 years old. And according to neighborhood regulations and HOA, from what is has checked into and talked with realtors. He is not even allowed to have the motorhome parked at the house....And that is how he would travel up there....So I think he will be looking else where...