Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2012, 4:28 PM Reply   
well made the trip again this year, but forgot the camera. So just cell pics this year. Enjoy!

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2012, 4:29 PM Reply   

sexy

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2012, 4:29 PM Reply   

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2012, 4:30 PM Reply   

clean

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2012, 4:31 PM Reply   

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2012, 4:32 PM Reply   

thanks for looking, discuss!
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       01-07-2012, 5:47 PM Reply   
Out of all the boats I think I am the most impressed with the Moomba's!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-07-2012, 9:29 PM Reply   
Wow supra and TIGE are really looking good these days...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2012, 5:16 AM Reply   
WOW Cory you took plenty of pictures.Thanks for all you do to keep us up to date on current boats and equipment!
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-08-2012, 7:00 AM Reply   
i think the supra 21V is about the best looking of the bunch
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-08-2012, 8:45 AM Reply   
All of the new boats look pretty good... and extra +1 for that moomba... but a -1 for the mastercraft tower... it just looks horrible.
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-08-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
Did anyone else catch the z5 on the bu. nice.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
Thanks for the pics and i agree the Tige's are looking pretty cool. Just wondering how im gonna feel about all the craxy patterns and gell shapes in 5 years. It was cool to see the glitter option on the Bu's. That new Nautique looked like the boat gets real slim right after the walk threw. I woukd like to see the New nautiques in person. I think the key to your boat NOT looking dated is to get one that looks the coolest with the smallest amount of diffrent gell colors and shapes. That way i think your less likely to regret your purchace 5 years down the road.
Example the white ghost W/W boat imo is cool because it had lots of style and cool factor with outh having to have 20 colors ect
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-08-2012, 11:10 AM Reply   
The nice thing about TIGE and CC is the vinyl graphic. You can get the crazy pattern or bird and peel it off in five years and get whatever is in style t te time if you get sick of it. pick a gel you know you'll like for a long time tho number one reason we didn't get neon green
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-08-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
So, malibu has the worst looking hull? I do like the style of mastercraft x-45, but do not like the tan color
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       01-08-2012, 3:38 PM Reply   
Thanks for the great pics Cory!!!

I like the blue/white & grey/white Tiges. Very clean and not too flashy.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-08-2012, 4:09 PM Reply   
Amazing!! My last boat was a 2005 MB V23 and I got compliments every where I went. I have to say in the past few years the boat industry has really ramped up the coolness factor when it comes to wakeboard boats. IMO just from looking at this post I would have to say the top 3 who have made the biggest strides are

Moomba
Supra
Tige

Ive always been a Malibu lover and still think they look amazing, but damn moomba supra and Tige are frigging off the chain insane these days. If I had the money right now I think I would pull the trigger on an RZ4 there is just something about the Tiges that I am really digging. Lets put it this way, if I won 100 mil today in the lotto I would buy a 23 LSV Bu and a 24 Tige RZ heck I might throw in a Moomba just for the fun of it lol
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2012, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by poser007 View Post
Amazing!! My last boat was a 2005 MB V23 and I got compliments every where I went. I have to say in the past few years the boat industry has really ramped up the coolness factor when it comes to wakeboard boats. IMO just from looking at this post I would have to say the top 3 who have made the biggest strides are

Moomba
Supra
Tige

Ive always been a Malibu lover and still think they look amazing, but damn moomba supra and Tige are frigging off the chain insane these days. If I had the money right now I think I would pull the trigger on an RZ4 there is just something about the Tiges that I am really digging. Lets put it this way, if I won 100 mil today in the lotto I would buy a 23 LSV Bu and a 24 Tige RZ heck I might throw in a Moomba just for the fun of it lol
Have you bought your ticket yet?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-09-2012, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Wow supra and TIGE are really looking good these days...
I am with you there.... both of those brands really seemed to stand out from these pics
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-09-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
this white with silver RZ2 is the business...

\Moomba on the come up.
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-09-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
I have to agree I like that White and Silver Tige The Supra's are really starting to grow on me. Had and loved MC's for years but they are really starting to go the wrong way with there graphics and towers. Still love the Malibu's but for my next boat I think I may be ordering a Tige.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-10-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
Thanks for posting all of those pictures! I think I could live with just about anyone of those boats. I wish we had a boat show out here. I haven't been to one since I moved from LA.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2012, 8:06 AM Reply   
MC and Nautique are hurting in the tower department. After seeing them side by side with the other boats, they just don't look well integrated.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-10-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
ya, whats up with the fugly towers???
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-10-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
ever heard the phrase "more money than sense"
Old     (bigboarder21)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-10-2012, 3:58 PM Reply   
i have completely fallin in love with the new Tige's they look amazing, i really want that green one or the blue
Old     (Big_Mick)      Join Date: Dec 2010       01-10-2012, 7:43 PM Reply   
The Nautique towers look horrible with the standard or no bimini.

But with the Z5 bimini they look great!

Shame none of the dealers are showing with them on :/
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-16-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
these Mojos are really starting to grow on me

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-16-2012, 10:01 PM Reply   
The moombas look like cheaper versions of malibus with a crappy tower. Those supras on the other hand look sick
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-17-2012, 5:04 AM Reply   
I disagree, and I think the Moomba boats shown in this thread look really nice.

The Tige boats too - in particular that white and blue one is very very pretty. I like the direction Tige has taken with the bow design on the boats shown. Not quite forked, not quite pointed, with the benefits of both. Smart.

Agreed that Supra is looking strong too, as always. The 24V Worlds boat is H2D. Rock solid there, Supra. G'on do your thing.

The Nautiques look great, especially that blue one with the hot white tower. Hot. That's about exactly how I want my new one.

As others have said, the MasterCraft tower isn't working for me, neither is the Nautique tower. Man it feels like they are overthinking towers and I'm seeing very little benefit, if any. It's a little sad to see where MC and Malibu have gone- abandoning really signature tower appearances for their bizzare directions. Malibu's tower at least shows the heritage despite the new tower looking like a counterfeit's attempt. MasterCraft- wow I don't know what they are thinking right now. And Nautique has been schizophrenic about towers every year for the past 4 years. I almost want to give Nautique a pass though because their boats can still be ordered with old tower designs. Maybe they all work in this way but Nautique will accomodate picky people when it comes to earlier parts and designs.

Thanks for putting the pics up. Cell phone or not, they look great and I'm impressed at what Supra, Moomba, Tige, and Nautique have come up with.
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-17-2012, 5:42 AM Reply   
Once again, Houston put on one hell of a boat show!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
"The moombas look like cheaper versions of malibus with a crappy tower."

I agree.

"It's a little sad to see where MC and Malibu have gone- abandoning really signature tower appearances for their bizzare directions."

I agree that MCs direction is a little weird, but Malibu has made slight tweaks to the same style tower for several years now. The tower that everyone else is trying to copy.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-17-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
Just looking at these pics again.. Look at how much room the Centurion 244 has behind the glass.. It's unbelieveable.. Especially compared to the smaller boats..
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-17-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
'Malibu has made slight tweaks to the same style tower for several years now. The tower that everyone else is trying to copy.'

I 100% agree with J-Rod. Malibu took the initial risk and put something different out there, now just about every major boat company has migrated to non-tube constructed towers. There is nothing wrong with this, this is how products evolve and improve. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right? (unless you ask Company Wakeboards that is)

The only manufacturer who really hasn't listed to the the buying trends of today's wakeboat customers and hasn't adjusted their product accordingly, is MasterCraft. This happens to also be the company who arguably has the most criticized boats on the market today (if you consider things like looks, functionality and quality construction important). I would probably rather have a fly-high pole on my boat than one of those new power-towers. Wake up MasterCraft, stop letting engineers design you boats in a bubble and start to talk with your customers. You might be amazed at what a customer-centric approach will do for your brands loyalty.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-17-2012, 3:06 PM Reply   
The front of the Mojo reminds me of a runabout more than of a wakeboard boat. Just my opinion but it seems that wakeboard companies don't seem to put in the rounded lines like the runabout companies do. Looks decent from the side, just not digging the nose. The new Bu MXZ has a huge bow, pretty impressive. I think the Tige Z3 is still my favorite new boat and will be my next one.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-17-2012, 3:36 PM Reply   
erik, how can you not like the malibu towers but think moomba boats look good? I don't get it. the moomba tower looks like they took the malibu tower, split it, and then added "rungs" like a ladder. the mojo and lsvs look like vlx's, without the bling, or nice padding in the seats, or nice vinyl. Not to bash moomba for going with what sells, a boat that to the new guy looks just like a malibu "wakeboarding" boat with a cheaper price. We need price point and entry level boats in this industry to keep the others honest, but man, skiers choice isn't even trying to pretend to have their own ideas with the moomba.

A local dealer carries malibu, axis and moomba. When I saw this, i thought that it was a bad idea to have 2 different "price point" boat companies side by side, they will steal customers from eachother, and I was thinking malibu/axis reps would be bummed.... until I sat in the new moombas. They have not changed their layout from the 04 I ride behind, and I am betting the wake is just as blah as the 04. I now can see having those two boats (axis and moomba) side by side and available to demo both the same day is a good thing for axis and a bad thing for moomba.

Back to the show. Cant wait til the LA show this year, missed it last year, thanks for the pictures.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-17-2012, 4:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
erik, how can you not like the malibu towers but think moomba boats look good? I don't get it. the moomba tower looks like they took the malibu tower, split it...
I didn't say anything about the Moomba tower, and actually I see what you mean now that you mention it. Yeah - not a fan of the Moomba or current Malibu tower but I love the old one which is partially why I personally like the Tige's with a nearly identical tower to that old Illusion. It's the Tige boats in this thread that really got my attention, which if you've ever seen me post about Tige... says something.

With Moomba, I guess I am just impressed with (copycat or not) how much they can hang with the big guys despite their own admitted status as a 2nd'ish tier brand. The boats just look solid, at least as much as what can come across in these pics. Can't wait for the boat show up here.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-18-2012, 5:54 AM Reply   
Johny, they changed the moomba hull in 06 for better wake. also the modern moombas have very nice vinyl. and it breaths so you dont stick to it like the axis.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-06-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
is anyone else having problem with pics showing up or just me?
Old     (robertstone9)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-06-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
cant see the pics either
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-06-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
i cant see the pics...........ahhhhhhh
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-06-2012, 2:41 PM Reply   
Did you delete these from your online album possibly?
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       12-06-2012, 6:58 PM Reply   
Yep pictures gone Cory
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-06-2012, 7:07 PM Reply   
Wish the show would come to AZ this year!
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-08-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
Sure wish the pics could b put back up for all to see
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-09-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
Why won't the pics show up? Any idea....