Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    ScottRobinson            05-25-2011, 7:10 AM Reply   
I love the wheels and boat! If I had it to do over again I may buy that boat vs my 2012 Epic 23V that is coming.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-25-2011, 10:33 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the comments and input.I'll try and get the pictures with the lights this weekend.HAPPY BOATING EVERYONE!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-30-2011, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
We usually go out early and look for wind free water.We come out of DUKES CREEK MARINA and head towards the power plant then contrary creek.We only go under the 208 bridge if we are headed to pigeon run.If you know where the islands are with the vollyball net,that's where we hang out during the day.It's across from the power plant.
We got around the volleyball net before you today. We were on the other side of the island. Saw the boat anchored off to the side when we rolled out. I was going to anchor and come find you, but one of my kids was a little too tuckered. I just know that our paths are going to cross at some point. Boat definiately looks good up close. Pics don't do it justice.

Last edited by Bumpass1; 05-30-2011 at 2:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-30-2011, 8:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpass1 View Post
We got around the volleyball net before you today. We were on the other side of the island. Saw the boat anchored off to the side when we rolled out. I was going to anchor and come find you, but one of my kids was a little too tuckered. I just know that our paths are going to cross at some point. Boat definiately looks good up close. Pics don't do it justice.
We will be there next weekend too.I PROMISED some night shots and i tried my best,but i'm no photographer.The flash kept going off.Also a couple of pic's from the weekend.
Attached Images

Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       05-31-2011, 7:07 PM Reply   
i actually like those black wheels. i think they are the best part of that whole set up.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-31-2011, 7:39 PM Reply   
I tried to mix colors that pop.Not everyone will agree,but i would say 99.8 % of the people that have seen it and the trailer like it.This is why they make different boats and wheels,to keep everyone happy and give them choices.
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       05-31-2011, 8:00 PM Reply   
i think the rims look sick Robert and this is coming from a person that doesn't like a single thing about tige boats, including the hull, interior, graphics, or towers.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-01-2011, 3:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tro View Post
i think the rims look sick Robert and this is coming from a person that doesn't like a single thing about tige boats, including the hull, interior, graphics, or towers.
That's fine. I respect your opinion.I think my percentages went down to 99.5%.I have been around boats for 30 plus years and i too find something i like about each boat.Even if it's the lock on the trailer.LOL
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-02-2011, 6:48 PM Reply   
A few more pics of the boat i found.
Attached Images

Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-02-2011, 7:44 PM Reply   
Wow based on your 127 posts in this thread I can tell you really like this boat. Congrats, new boats are so fun.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-05-2011, 6:39 PM Reply   
Nice to finally speak face to face. Both you and your wife are great. I got a few more shots for you from this morning. I have more if you want. These are just a few.

Jamie
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-05-2011, 6:41 PM Reply   
Based on your math,you and i didn't go to the same school.This should be post #90.I would guess i had 20 or less.but i didn't count.I was just trying to answer questions and provide information about a new model boat that some people were interested in learning more about.Some answers to questions i've seen in this thread and the other threads i didn't know i wasn't welcome in.The gelcoat is pacific blue on the hull,center main panel and upper deck accent.Frost white main panel and deck.The whole side is metallic black and white decals.I know i'm old but this boat is cutting edge,new and in style and i for one like it.I sold my old boat to another happy Tige family.Chrome wheels are pretty,but black painted wheels are easier to clean and pop with the boat.Too many colors take away from a boats mass appeal.Hopefully this will answer some of the many questions and concerns my fellow wakeworlders had about my new boat.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-05-2011, 6:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpass1 View Post
Nice to finally speak face to face. Both you and your wife are great. I got a few more shots for you from this morning. I have more if you want. These are just a few.

Jamie
Thanks for sharing the photos Jamie.It was likewise a pleasure meeting you and you wife and friends.I look forward to seeing you again and wakeboarding behind either boat you want.There is a guy at the lake who has a Supra similar to yours who is an excellent wakeboarder.If they have another wakeboard competition this summer i think he wiil be 40.If so i will get smoked in the old guys class as he is far superior to me.Look forward to seeing you at the volleyball courts once the knee gets better.We will be at the lake every weekend.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-05-2011, 7:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Based on your math,you and i didn't go to the same school.This should be post #90.I would guess i had 20 or less.but i didn't count.I was just trying to answer questions and provide information about a new model boat that some people were interested in learning more about.Some answers to questions i've seen in this thread and the other threads i didn't know i wasn't welcome in.The gelcoat is pacific blue on the hull,center main panel and upper deck accent.Frost white main panel and deck.The whole side is metallic black and white decals.I know i'm old but this boat is cutting edge,new and in style and i for one like it.I sold my old boat to another happy Tige family.Chrome wheels are pretty,but black painted wheels are easier to clean and pop with the boat.Too many colors take away from a boats mass appeal.Hopefully this will answer some of the many questions and concerns my fellow wakeworlders had about my new boat.
Robert,

Don't pay any attention to the negative nellies on this board. I honestly don't understand how anybody could get tired of looking at pics of new wake boats. Your boat is sweet!

Quick question about your Wet Sounds. What is your setup? Tower? Cabin? Sub? Amps? Also, what are you impressions of it now that you've been out on the water?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-05-2011, 8:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Robert,

Don't pay any attention to the negative nellies on this board. I honestly don't understand how anybody could get tired of looking at pics of new wake boats. Your boat is sweet!

Quick question about your Wet Sounds. What is your setup? Tower? Cabin? Sub? Amps? Also, what are you impressions of it now that you've been out on the water?
It has a Clarion CMD6 WITH SIRRUS AND IPOD hookups.6 wet sounds XS-650 IN BOAT and a 10" XS350 SUBWOOFER.A SYN6 1000 WATT AMP FOR THEM.Then it has a SYN2 700 WATT AMP for the sets of PRO60'S AND PRO80'S ON THE TOWER.It is louder and cleaner than my old boat,but it has more power.The old boat had 750 watt amp and 5 kicker speakers and a 10" sub woofer.The tower had 2 liquid trends triaxal speakers and a 400 watt rockford fosgate amp.I don't know much about stereo but most people say it's a nice setup.To me it sounds great.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-05-2011, 8:58 PM Reply   
Alright Robert, OBVIOUSLY you do not like your new boat at all, I understand that you HATE the color blue, and you DONT enjoy going out on the water at all.................... since im such a nice guy, I wouldnt mind ending all the suffering and taking that beautiful boat off your hands

hahaha hope you know im playing with you, new pictures look sweet. Saw a black and dark blue 2011 RZ2 on the water last week, it looked sweet, but didnt look half as good as yours! just keep posting the pics!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-06-2011, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
Alright Robert, OBVIOUSLY you do not like your new boat at all, I understand that you HATE the color blue, and you DONT enjoy going out on the water at all.................... since im such a nice guy, I wouldnt mind ending all the suffering and taking that beautiful boat off your hands

hahaha hope you know im playing with you, new pictures look sweet. Saw a black and dark blue 2011 RZ2 on the water last week, it looked sweet, but didnt look half as good as yours! just keep posting the pics!
Does this look like unhappy owners?
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-07-2011, 6:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Does this look like unhappy owners?
hahaha right on man!
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-07-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
Boat looks great on the water!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat, Robert! I love the colors! Yell if you ever get to the Austin area!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-08-2011, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakekat15 View Post
Congrats on the new boat, Robert! I love the colors! Yell if you ever get to the Austin area!
We may go back to New Braunfels next year.WE loved TEXAS SKI RANCH.We have been to Dallas,Fort Worth twice so it's time to go back to AUSTIN,NEW BRAUNFELS and SAN ANTONIO.Have fun this summer KAT.I guess you are all healed up by now?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-08-2011, 8:52 PM Reply   
So I saw an RZR out today. It was real similar to yours, basically same color scheme (might have been the lighter blue) but switched. white where blue is, blue where white is. white tower. Looked sweet!!! and of course...like everyone else on the lake...they were tubing... with a brand new RZR, along with a brand new SAN, ENZO, and 2 Bu's....sick wake boats pulling tubes lol.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-08-2011, 10:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
So I saw an RZR out today. It was real similar to yours, basically same color scheme (might have been the lighter blue) but switched. white where blue is, blue where white is. white tower. Looked sweet!!! and of course...like everyone else on the lake...they were tubing... with a brand new RZR, along with a brand new SAN, ENZO, and 2 Bu's....sick wake boats pulling tubes lol.
That RZR is the huishes (friend of friend) new boat. Yeah its Gnar Gnar. Saw those two new 230s also. Luckily we weren't one of the Malibus tubing out there today(04 blue black n white). But.... there was this red Tige' out there surfing nonstop Hahaha
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-09-2011, 6:20 AM Reply   
I agree the boat looks sick in every way. Love the white tower and the color selections of the inside and out. Great job. I agree thou that the black rims is not the look for that boat. Sorry. Never was a fan of the black rim look on anything, but to be honest not really a fan of over done big rims in general. I think some nice crome rims would really bring the features out on that boat over the black ones.

Great looking boat.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-09-2011, 6:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullspeed View Post
I agree the boat looks sick in every way. Love the white tower and the color selections of the inside and out. Great job. I agree thou that the black rims is not the look for that boat. Sorry. Never was a fan of the black rim look on anything, but to be honest not really a fan of over done big rims in general. I think some nice crome rims would really bring the features out on that boat over the black ones.

Great looking boat.
My wife wanted chrome too!But i do the wheels when it's cleaning time.Painted wheels are easier for me to clean.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-09-2011, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
That RZR is the huishes (friend of friend) new boat. Yeah its Gnar Gnar. Saw those two new 230s also. Luckily we weren't one of the Malibus tubing out there today(04 blue black n white). But.... there was this red Tige' out there surfing nonstop Hahaha
such a good looking boat, love that white tower! you guys running that lime green rope?

haha I might know those guys in that tige...... that was us, just put a high alt prop on that baby so we can get all that weight movin. we will be out there friday too.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-09-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
people with wakeboats have kids too
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-09-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
such a good looking boat, love that white tower! you guys running that lime green rope?

haha I might know those guys in that tige...... that was us, just put a high alt prop on that baby so we can get all that weight movin. we will be out there friday too.
I'll try and get some surfing pics.I've only surfed a couple of times so i still don't know what i'm doing.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-09-2011, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:

Yeah we had the full Bu with the lime green rope. Those 230s are actually for sale at action watersports. They're the first couple theyve received since becoming Nautiques authorized dealer. Sadly I rarely go during the weekdays. Usually I'm out there nearly every Saturday or Sunday from 4:30 AM - 9:30 AM in pursuit for the butter and depart when the water turns to crap.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-09-2011, 12:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah we had the full Bu with the lime green rope. Those 230s are actually for sale at action watersports. They're the first couple theyve received since becoming Nautiques authorized dealer. Sadly I rarely go during the weekdays. Usually I'm out there nearly every Saturday or Sunday from 4:30 AM - 9:30 AM in pursuit for the butter and depart when the water turns to crap.

gets pretty crazy out there on the weekends, I havent been out on a weekend in a few years. Hows the launch ramp at 9:30 when your getting off?

If your ever out there during the week again, shoot me a message.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-09-2011, 4:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
gets pretty crazy out there on the weekends, I havent been out on a weekend in a few years. Hows the launch ramp at 9:30 when your getting off?

If your ever out there during the week again, shoot me a message.
It gets bad, each launch ramp is a 4 car line waiting with ramp itself having the three used. And of course you always have the retards park there boats at the dock so its nearly impossible to drop/pickup people.
I usually don't know if I'm going during the week until the last minute, but either way that's seldom. If your ever feeling like waking up at 3:30 am on Saturday. Hit me up for a pull
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-09-2011, 4:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
It gets bad, each launch ramp is a 4 car line waiting with ramp itself having the three used. And of course you always have the retards park there boats at the dock so its nearly impossible to drop/pickup people.
I usually don't know if I'm going during the week until the last minute, but either way that's seldom. If your ever feeling like waking up at 3:30 am on Saturday. Hit me up for a pull
hate how everyone ties up dock side, or right at the end where i need to pick up!

will do, do you guys surf at all? I can bring a bunch of ballast..even a pump
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-09-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
hate how everyone ties up dock side, or right at the end where i need to pick up!

will do, do you guys surf at all? I can bring a bunch of ballast..even a pump
We just Wakeboard behind the VLX. and when we wake up that early, we sack it out. We put a 1000lbs triangle up in the bow, and a 450lbs sac in each locker. Along with the factory tanks, that looks like a half pipe at 24.5mph. I do have a friend that surfs on his Xstar. He has the 750lbs sacs in each locker and the wave looks good. Gonna be going up to Powell in about 10 days for a week on the Xstar so I'll probably do some surfing up there. You Wakeboard at all or just surf?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-09-2011, 7:13 PM Reply   
damn man, SLAMMED! only surf, messed my back up a few years ago pretty good. compression fractures and slipped a disc so no more wakeboarding for me..I have been wanted to get back on my board though. the regular group is all about surfing. we rarely even bring out a wakeboard.

We are running an 1100# in the surf side locker, 200# under the seats, 250# up front, and throw around a few 350# sacks on the seats and floor depending on water conditions and how many people are out with us.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-09-2011, 8:06 PM Reply   
SURFIN USA!by the Beach Boys.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-09-2011, 10:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
damn man, SLAMMED! only surf, messed my back up a few years ago pretty good. compression fractures and slipped a disc so no more wakeboarding for me..I have been wanted to get back on my board though. the regular group is all about surfing. we rarely even bring out a wakeboard.

We are running an 1100# in the surf side locker, 200# under the seats, 250# up front, and throw around a few 350# sacks on the seats and floor depending on water conditions and how many people are out with us.
Judging by the numbers you have me beat... BIG TIME
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-09-2011, 10:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
Boat is beautiful in every aspect, but I absolutely hate the wheels on that trailer. Everything is so bright, and they ruin it and the whole look with black wheels. The wheels need more color, like chrome or chrome with matching paint. It looks like your hubcaps fell off when the trailer turned too hard. Boat still looks awesome though.

I totally disagree. I love the black wheels. To each his own I guess.

Sick boat and trailer looks amazing too. Great choice all around! Have fun this summer!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-10-2011, 2:23 PM Reply   
I will be having fun.This weekend i have to do a little maintenance.20 HOUR SERVICE.But should be back on the water sunday weather permitting.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-10-2011, 10:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Judging by the numbers you have me beat... BIG TIME
when we slam it like that the water runs over the edge of the locker...

there are so many dark colored malibus out at saguaro, you werent out there again today were you? saw one with that lime green rope wakeboarding and didnt remember your colors.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-11-2011, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
when we slam it like that the water runs over the edge of the locker...

there are so many dark colored malibus out at saguaro, you werent out there again today were you? saw one with that lime green rope wakeboarding and didnt remember your colors.
No that wasn't me, I was working Friday. Yeah there are several Malibus out there constantly. And I probably won't be back out there till the end of June when we get back.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-11-2011, 10:20 AM Reply   

Here's Saguaro at 430 am. And that's not the sun, that's the moon!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-12-2011, 5:39 AM Reply   
Didn't get many pictures Saturday, But I did get your start in the afternoon.
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-12-2011, 3:59 PM Reply   
Thanks Jamie.I got a few pics while i was doing my 25 hour service.Draining oil,the new catanium exhaust motor and a dash shot.We did go surfing today,but forgot the camera in our rush to get smooth water.Shirley is starting to get a little air over the wakes now.BUILDING her confidence every time she goes out.
Attached Images

Old     (Donski)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-12-2011, 7:04 PM Reply   
Get this thread out of my life.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-13-2011, 6:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donski View Post
Get this thread out of my life.
You don't have to look at it or even get on wakeworld.These are freedom of choice threads.I look at the ones that interest me.I also try to be positive about what i see.Hopefully you can learn to do yourself a favor and stop looking at this thread if it's that bad.Most people learn from their mistakes.
Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-13-2011, 6:49 PM Reply   
Dude I agree. Yes nice boat but put your pics in your profile and get over yourself I have seen u and your boat in way to many threads. Stop already
Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-13-2011, 6:50 PM Reply   
We don't need to watch u change your oil
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-19-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
Here's a couple of surf pics to show the surf wake behind the boat.
Attached Images

Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-19-2011, 5:39 PM Reply   
Did you guys make it out today?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-19-2011, 5:43 PM Reply   
YEAH I got a wakeboard video but it won't let me load it.I'M going to try facebook and see if it works there.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-19-2011, 6:11 PM Reply   
Needs some more weight.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-19-2011, 6:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
Needs some more weight.
Yeah I'm new to surfing.LOL
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-19-2011, 6:19 PM Reply   
Some more weight in the rear and some in the nose that wave will be mackin.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-19-2011, 7:42 PM Reply   
Thanks i'll try that.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-20-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks i'll try that.
For a good wave in that boat...Weight down the rear surfside as much as possible. a little in middle (under the seats) or people weight sitting on surfside, and a little bit up front.

Tiges like weight in the back. To much weight up front adds length, but takes away from the height. To get length, add speed

Look at Wake9's RZ2, they have a great wave
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-20-2011, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
For a good wave in that boat...Weight down the rear surfside as much as possible. a little in middle (under the seats) or people weight sitting on surfside, and a little bit up front.

Tiges like weight in the back. To much weight up front adds length, but takes away from the height. To get length, add speed

Look at Wake9's RZ2, they have a great wave
Thanks joey I'll try more weight in the back.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-11-2011, 3:53 AM Reply   
Well we have figured out the surf wake now and have 50 hours on the boat now.Here's a couple of pics from the weekend.Relaxing is good too.
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-24-2011, 4:03 PM Reply   
Here's one more picture of the dashboard.Also 2 pictures of my favorite accessories.The shore spike and the box anchor.
Attached Images

Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-24-2011, 6:04 PM Reply   
Everything has to die at some point, including this thread.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-25-2011, 6:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
Everything has to die at some point, including this thread.
Disagree entirely.. Much rather see someone continue posting in their own thread rather than starting a new one or thread hijacking others..

The guy is proud of his boat - let him have a thread to show it off.. It's a nice rig and dudeman has been courteous even though there are haters.
Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       07-25-2011, 10:47 PM Reply   
Keep the pictures coming Robert! I love to see positive happy owners Beautiful boat.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2011, 9:16 PM Reply   
no such thing as too many pictures....as long as they are all different angles!!!