Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-08-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
Hello all, with 4 inches of snow on the ground of course I have boating fever! I am trying to formulate a better weight set up for my 77 Ski nautique. I know I cant add alot of weight nor will my wake be as big as my boats in the past but with going back to school this is what I have to work with. Here is a pic of the boat (so you can see hull shape) and a pic of the wake---this pic was about 500lbs of ballast on the drivers side of motor box full length from drivers seat to back seat. This boat is about 17.5 foot long. Thanks for all your help!

Upload
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-08-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-08-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
Would equal weight in the back and side be better? I was thinking maybe a fat seat or an L-Shape sac??
Should I add weight in the front too? I definately do not want to "over weight" it down but would like to get the best surfwake possible for this boat.
Thanks!
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-08-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
Sid

I had a 89 Malibu Sunsetter and was able to get a decent wake out of the ol girl. I would add weight in the back along the side and up front. Remember by adding weight to the front you may get a longer pocket but it is a balancing act between the longer pocket and the height of the wave (more weight in the rear). You should be able to get a decent wake but certainly not like the new boats put out. I ran 1800lbs in my Sunsetter.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-08-2010, 6:28 PM Reply   
I had a boat just like that. Did you get it in Benton? I think you could get a good wake because the boat hull is deep. In my 90 Sanger, I'd use a fat seat to weight the back down, a 750 lb. on one side and a 350 in the front. I find the weight across the back made the weight better than just weighting one side. Let us know how it works out.