Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (al_d)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-31-2005, 7:35 PM Reply   
I live near Folsom Lake outside Sacramento and want to take my family somewhere new next year. I want to rent a cabin on a lake that will be good for wakeboarding in the summer.

Shasta has slim pickings for cabins & Lake Almanore is a little windy for me.

Any suggestions for a lake that isn't too crazy during June/July?

Don Pedro?, Tulloch? Commanche?

Thanks in advance
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-31-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
Tulloch is rad man, you have a few options....1) they have a hotel that is pretty nice and I would reccomend it (stayed there it was a blast) 2) they have these pretty small cabins on the shore that are decent but I have never stayed there so Im not too sure about them, and 3) the condos-wow cant say enough about these man, stayed there with a huge group of family and friends and it was the best experience ever, would reccomend it!!!

DOn Pedro-from what I have seen just being out there (only been there for daytime use and stayed on a houseboat) they dont have cabins to rent there or anything, just camping so your call, but I would really reccomend Tulloch
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-31-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
AL: i have a house at Almanor and the mornings all the way around to the other side called Bailey Creek is really nice...you can usually find a good place to ride there depending on which way the wind is going..
Old     (deltar)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-31-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
Stay away from Tulloch on the weekends. It's a pretty small lake.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-31-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
Nacimiento is in Central Cal, but if you are interested my Mom can hook you up:

www.lakevacationrental.com

leslie@lakevacationrental.com

During the weekends it's a little busy, but the weekdays can't be beat. If you have any questions call the number on the site, or e-mail the link above or me personally (check profile).

Wakeboarding lessons are also available upon request.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-31-2005, 9:31 PM Reply   
if you're cool with winter riding. Tulloch would be one of my first picks. Only in the winter though.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-31-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
I hear a place calle whiskey town is pretty goo although I dont know if they have cabins
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-31-2005, 10:39 PM Reply   
Lake Berryessa has cabins on the lake. I haven't been there yet but we are planning to go there for a week next year. Check them out.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-01-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
I have a house on tulloch and it is pretty rough in the summer. It is really over built if you are looking for smooth water go some where else. But if you are looking for a party scene tulloch is pretty good. Also Tulloch in the winter is great because you can stay right on the water so after you are done riding you can go in and get warm. Later Mike
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       11-01-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
The way I look at it is, Why rent a cabin at a lake when you can buy a houseboat on a lake, I have a houseboat at McClure. Its a nice lake and you can still get a HB on there for a good price. There is one for sale right by mine for like 65 I think, It maybe even less. The other good thing about buyin a HB up there is that the value keeps goin up on them, so you are make some money when you are drinkin a beer on the back deck.