Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-01-2008, 1:23 AM Reply   
So my bro wrecked a pair of 06 Murrays. It was a definite warranty issue, the Boa snapped, not fixable, he just got them a few months ago... no argument on whether or not it was a warranty deal. The only thing is, they sent him 07s when he got them warrantied. From my experience (with CWB) over the years I'd figured they'd send him at least 08s, maybe 09s. Should he just be happy he got 07s (even though they look terrible on his board)? Or should he be asking why he didn't at least get 08 Murrays? At this point he's pretty upset since he's already missed the final couple months of our riding season and he's pretty much sworn off Hyperlite for CWB because of my great experiences I've had with them. Basically I just want to know people's opinions on whether or not replacing 06 murrays with 07s (which have the same faulty boa system) is a fair deal. Personally I feel like he got shafted, based on my experience with CWB, but I'm not really sure about the industry standards.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-01-2008, 5:06 AM Reply   
When we tore out the inserts from a Hyperlite Vero board, they told us it was discontinued, so they gave a 5 years newer Motive, it was good luck, anything they would have sent was good. (keep in mind we are 15k milles away)

So by the end of the day I think he should be grateful he ended up with new boots, on the year he got, it's a matter of discussion. I personaly think that they should replace the same model/year or jump for the next year model if not available, except that's there's been a product recall on that specific model then they should send newer (fixed/improved)right away.

The most important thing is they stood behind their product and sent you something, wonder how many people gets stranded on this cases.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-01-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
What shop did you go through to do the warranty? Our warranty policy is very lenient, and most people are very pleased with the product they receive back. Let me know a little bit about your situation (where, when, original problem, original RA #) and I will help make it right.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       11-01-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
I recently cracked a Hyperlite board and Corey sent me a new board out in less than a week! Great customer service!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-01-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
06 and 07 are the same exept for colors. It's a two year full replacement warranty...sounds like they, (Hype), fulfilled the warranty to me
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-01-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
Hey WD,
We deal with scenario all the time...and Echoing Luciano's comment...what shop did you get them from....that should be your buddies first stop. They should be able to remedy the problem either right away or within a week and you should be back on the water right away. As for Hyperlite exchanging 06 model boots for 07's....Again, if the boots are couple months old and they broke...the shop he bought them from should take care of him...and if Hyperlite replaced them with 07 boots...Thats extremely fair but if that doesn't make your buddy happy...the shop should be willing to give him a refund of what he paid towards new boots. I'm assuming if he bought 06 model Murrays...they were a closeout or deal? If so, getting your refund back or a year newer boots is extremely fair. Again, I don't know what you paid for them...but if the store you bought them from is not willing to give your credit towards another pair of boots you are shopping at the wrong place and supporting shops that screw over riders in situations like this will only cause more issues like it to happen.

Also if he got a deal on 06 Murrays and is expecting to get 08's for the price of 06's....thats typically doesn't happen unless the manufacturer is sold out of all the prior year models. And presuming you are going get $400 bindings when you paid $200, expecting to get this deal is a bit unrealistic (Again, this is assuming he got the boots at a closeout deal)

Sorry if this is not the "easy answer"...but it bums me to see people getting bent out of shape about a manufacturer when they stand behind the product they sell. Again, if you buddy is not happy with the new bindings...take them to the shop he purchased them (or send them back if he got them online). He can get his money back towards bindings that he really wants. His beef is with the shop he got them from first...then the manufacturer.

Sorry for the strong comments...but just trying to give you a retailers side.

Bill @ Performance.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-01-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
Bill hit the nail on the head with that comment!

Keep us updated and let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-01-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
I'd say thats a pretty square deal for your buddy and I don't think you can complain to much about brand new boots that are newer than the ones he bought.

Sure getting 08's or 09's would be sweet but aside from color he actually got the closest boots to the ones he bought in the first place.
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-01-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
Hey thanks for all the commments and everything guys. I figured I'd just chime back in here with a little more info. Basically his main concern is just that it's the same boa system on these bindings as the 06s. It was really the first good digger that he took all year that made the boa cable down towards the toe come out (or snap, not sure) so he's worried that the same thing will happen next summer and rob him of some water time.

As far as the shop goes, he got them last fall from green house. They were a bit over 200, like 220 or 250. Sent them in though through a local shop where we buy most of our gear from since they offered to. Green house has been great to deal with in the past from my experiences so maybe that's a better place to start rather than just contacting Hyperlite?

I know that the guy for sure wouldn't mind throwing down some extra cash to get a different pair of boots, so it seems like contacting green house might be the way to go.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-01-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Hey WD,
I've commented on a similar post earlier for another situation like this. Guy was all upset with Ronix customer service...but rather than going to the dealer he bought it from...he vented about their CS. As I said in that post...while I would like to say we, as authorized dealers, are overly eager to take care of other shops warranties, I will tell you that dealing direct with the shop that sold it to you is the quickest ay to go. And because you purchase the item from this local shop...thus supporting them...they will be there to take care of problems like this. Good luck with this...hopefully the commentary has helped.

Heres the post from earlier.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/623127.html
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-01-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
Corey is the man! He's famous! And I have his autograph!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-01-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
if you had bought liquid force you would have never had anything break in the first place. haha. sorry to hear about that though man. but all kidding aside. i was missing a few screws in my 08 shane binding box. i emailed customer support and they apologized and sent me a bunch of extra screws and a stack of misc stickers. their customer service rocks. i know its not a set of bindings. but i got the screws in 2 days.. thats pretty quick. ive heard alot of good things from them about broken boards and bindings. good luck man.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-02-2008, 4:23 AM Reply   
Corey is a good guy.

David you can get those screw at any local hardware store.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-02-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
i know. but its free from LF. im in no rush right now anyways. lol