Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JustinH13)      Join Date: Jul 2012 Location: Greenville, SC       03-25-2020, 4:14 AM Reply   
Any recommendations for best places to finance a boat?

Thank you
Old     (rlwagens)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-25-2020, 5:34 AM Reply   
Local credit union for sure.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-25-2020, 6:50 AM Reply   
+1 For local credit union. Most other places don't even offer it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 12:40 PM Reply   
Bank of The West has been financing boats for many years. Don’t know their rates right now, but last I remember, they were competitive and offered long terms if that’s what you’re after.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-26-2020, 1:12 AM Reply   
I have done credit Union's too BUT

On my current boat I went with State Farm. Yes the insurance company. They have State Farm bank too.

I already had State Farm and was getting a quote for insurance from them for my new boat and they asked if I would like to get my boat loan through them too. I thought it would be high interest and I could only take it out to 36 months. But I was wrong the rates where really good and I "could" take it out to 12 years. I didn't but I could have.

Now I have all my auto loans through them. It's very easy and all the transactions are done through your Insurance agent.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       03-26-2020, 2:50 AM Reply   
https://www.onlyinboards.com/Resources/Boat-Loans.aspx We work with Vantage and they have some good rates and have done a ton of inboard boats loans for us.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-26-2020, 6:15 AM Reply   
Give these guys a look: https://www.epicfinancellc.com/

They'll shop all of the top banks for boat loans and find you the lowest rate. They've been great to me over the years.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-31-2020, 1:08 PM Reply   
Pentagon Federal Credit Union has my current boat. I’m a member of 5 credit unions and they were pretty hit or miss on boat financing. Pentagon Federal was the only one I talked to that would give me a good rate and good term on a 2011. On the auto side PFCU will finance almost any age collateral as long as its book value works out and you have a good enough credit score. I think that’s why they weren’t afraid of an 8 year old (at the time) boat. Two of the credit unions flat out wouldn’t touch it due to age. One wanted a 5 year term. One wanted 50% down.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-01-2020, 6:23 AM Reply   
Call Barry at National Dealer Direct. Just trust me, call him first. 732-921-8116
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-02-2020, 5:10 AM Reply   
Does he have a brother named George?
I believe that I saw him on the TV😁