Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (HygOctaneGraphics)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-25-2012, 7:01 AM Reply   
Decided to update the wrap and looks of my 1990 supra. I designed the new wrap to try and keep the wonderful sleek supra lines but make it feel a bit taller in the water. I also had my tower and handles powdercoated black to work with the design. Let me know what you think!

Old     (corbin86)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-25-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
Looks good man amazing what a wrap will do to an older boat looks great i like how you did the swim platform also that finishes it off nice
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-25-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
Looks Great!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-25-2012, 10:11 AM Reply   
Huge upgrade man.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-25-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
awesome.
how do you like those kickers?
Old     (Dman726749)      Join Date: May 2012       07-25-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
saw you out at lieber on sat, looked nice!
Old     (WSRarmy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-25-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
What model and year is that and how is the wake? Looks way sick by the way
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2012, 1:15 PM Reply   
One of the best wraps i've ever seen!
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-25-2012, 2:38 PM Reply   
NICE!! I like how the numbers match the board and bindings.. Haha nice touch!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-25-2012, 2:42 PM Reply   
Looking good.......
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-25-2012, 8:14 PM Reply   
Sweet! What did the wrap run ya?
Old     (GRad)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-25-2012, 9:19 PM Reply   
So nice!
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-26-2012, 5:31 AM Reply   
Looks sick, I think you definately achieved your goal.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       07-26-2012, 6:21 AM Reply   
Not a big fan of the wrap, or wraps in general. Theses old boats look best with nice clean gel and maybe an updated decal to replace the rainbow stripes. Did see one Hawaiian theme wrap I thought was nice though. What is that, a Mariah? Are there pop up cleats somewhere? I do like the blacked out bow rail, the rear rail done to match would look nice and maybe some light tint on the windshield would look sharp.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-26-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
Good work! Not sure what it looked like before but that wrap looks great. All around an awesome job.

Last edited by downfortheride; 07-26-2012 at 8:19 AM.
Old     (HygOctaneGraphics)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-26-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
thanks a bunch guys. I'm super happy with it, I think it turned out good. Gonna tint the windshield then some LEDs in the interior and a couple other surprises that should finish it off.

cory, I love the kickers. Best bang for the buck no doubt. I'm running them with an old phoenix gold amp that I had laying around the garage for years. they are so clear. when I get an EQ i'm sure they get even better.

Dustin you should have said hello! Love meeting new people

Wes its a 1990 Supra Conbrio. Wake isnt very big by any means but we arent quite at a level of riding yet that we need a bigger wake. LOL

Truekaotik, thanks! my friends were like "you are going to do what color numbers?!?" Most people want them to blend in. I said heck with it make them pop. Got a rope same color, its cool they all tie in together adding just that hint of Blaze orange.

Tim C well thats a loaded question. LOL Wrapping vehicles is what my job is. I own Hygh Octane Graphics. Standard boat wraps usually run around $1800-$3000 on average. Just depends on size of boat, amount of material and difficulty of install.

Cory D, not everyone likes wraps nor changing an old boat but I'm in the business of making clients vehicles stand out so my boat needed to do the same. The beauty of wraps is I can leave this on for a few years and take it completely off in a matter of hours with no harm to the gelcoat. Still a stock looking blue supra under there.

heres a picture of the boat while the tower was off and right before the new wrap.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2012, 9:08 AM Reply   
wow thats awesome
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
how does the wrap hold up? How long will it last? Do you still wax and clean it like gelcoat? What happens if you spill some gas on it when filling up?
Old     (HygOctaneGraphics)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-26-2012, 9:27 AM Reply   
Pete like anything else a wraps durability depends on how its treated. For basic terms a wrap is a giant decal. If you bump the dock hit it with a board or anything like that you can scratch it. I wash it just you normally would, wax is not needed. the laminate that is used during the process has a gloss to it and will shine almost like paint when clean. if you are looking for something to put on that will be the same for 10 years a wrap is not the best option. wraps are almost oxymorons because they are made to last 3-5 years but are capable of being removed with out hurting the surface below and not a lot of work. they are a great way to change the look of a boat or vehicle without the cost of painting it. Plus number of colors is almost endless.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-26-2012, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by HygOctaneGraphics View Post
Tim C well thats a loaded question.
LOL....thought it might be but thanks for the info!