Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pelleoberg)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-09-2014, 3:57 PM Reply   
I am an amateur Wakeboarder. I bought the cheapest wakeboard i could find on Amazon, it was a Body Glove 155 cm board and the bindings broke after a year of use. I have a couple questions:

1. Will any bindings fit that board? If so, could you recommend some that aren't too expensive?

2. If i do have to buy a new wakeboard combo, could you recommend something? My Price range is about $300 (is that too little?)

Thanks for your help.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-09-2014, 4:11 PM Reply   
Pelle-

Bindings: FIt, yes. Fit the way you want, not always. It depends if the board has a 8" pattern or a 6" pattern. Most boards now have a 6" pattern and the bindings have 6" plates to match. You can measure between the farthest left hole on the outside of where the binding would go and the farthest left hole on the inside of the where the binding woudl go. I assume the BodyGlove doesn't have a track system.

Board Combo: How do you ride? What kind of tricks, what kind of riding - boat, cable? etc... Otherwise, most combos, even the intermediate ones were once pro models!
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-09-2014, 4:17 PM Reply   
How tall are you and how much do you weigh? If you have $300 you can probably find a decent set up with a better board and bindings for that money. Someone on here may have a used in good condition combo for sale too.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-09-2014, 5:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNRDSKYNRD View Post
How tall are you and how much do you weigh? If you have $300 you can probably find a decent set up with a better board and bindings for that money. Someone on here may have a used in good condition combo for sale too.
Yep. Do this. Buy used.
Old     (pelleoberg)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-09-2014, 7:19 PM Reply   
I just have an old Celebrity ski boat, and it has a pretty decent wake. Like i said i am an amateur so i am not really sure how to answer your questions. I've only been riding for about a year, and i don't really know anyone that knows about this stuff, so that's why i came here. I don't know if this is what you were asking, but i ride goofy.

Thanks for the info about sizes, i will go measure my board to see what pattern they have.

The dilemma i'm facing is that new bindings seem to cost around $100, and i only paid like $180 on my current board, so it seems like it would make more sense to buy a whole new setup. Is there anywhere i can find used bindings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye7708 View Post
Pelle-

Bindings: FIt, yes. Fit the way you want, not always. It depends if the board has a 8" pattern or a 6" pattern. Most boards now have a 6" pattern and the bindings have 6" plates to match. You can measure between the farthest left hole on the outside of where the binding would go and the farthest left hole on the inside of the where the binding woudl go. I assume the BodyGlove doesn't have a track system.

Board Combo: How do you ride? What kind of tricks, what kind of riding - boat, cable? etc... Otherwise, most combos, even the intermediate ones were once pro models!
Old     (pelleoberg)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-09-2014, 7:21 PM Reply   
If anyone on here has a decent used board setup, let me know. I was looking at a new hyperlite Agent baord with Destroyer Bindings on amazon for $289, any opinions about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
Yep. Do this. Buy used.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-09-2014, 7:31 PM Reply   
A couple pieces of advice IMO:
1. It's better to to have good bindings vs. board
2. Get a 2010 or newer board/bindings
3. Check craigslist near you for used stuff - go ahead and post the link here people will give feedback
4. If budget is extremely low and want all new could go with a new 267.80 setup from evo.com
Old     (pelleoberg)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-09-2014, 7:52 PM Reply   
I have tried craigslist, but there aren't too many people in the area that ride so there wasn't much on there. I will do some looking on ebay for some used bindings.

The link to the hyperlite board is: http://www.amazon.com/Hyperlite-Wake...ords=wakeboard

Let me know what you think.

Also i am looking for a board that is suitable for 170-250 lbs.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-09-2014, 8:01 PM Reply   
Body Glove 155?! That's friggin HUGE.
+1 Get rid of that board and find a nice used setup or a supercloseout from evo or something. You won't regret it.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-09-2014, 8:09 PM Reply   
155 is massive. For someone in the 170-250lbs range, I'd look at like a 142-145cm board. Many places like buywake.com, evo.com and wakeboards.com have gear that is closeout, so you can get a 2013 setup for far less than it was priced at last season. +1 for bindings over boards, you'll enjoy wakeboarding far more if your feet don't hurt every time you get out of the board. Check the classifieds here, and find a reputable setup that will last you awhile. Both the Agent board and Destroyer bindings aren't on their website at all and I've never heard of them, you don't want to get stuck with something that falls apart after a month.
Old     (pelleoberg)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-09-2014, 8:27 PM Reply   
I was actually mistaken, it is a 150 cm board. Still pretty big.

I am looking on EVOs outlet and there are seem to be some good deals.

Any opinions on this one: http://www.evo.com/outlet/mashups/ro...ings-2013.aspx

There are 6-7 board combos that are within my price range, if anyone has any opinions on any of these let me know:
http://www.evo.com/outlet-shop/wake/packages.aspx
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-09-2014, 9:01 PM Reply   
I think you'd be very pleased with the 2013 Ronix Vault + Divide bindings package. I recommended the same setup last year for a friend of mine who is a beginner/intermediate rider and he really likes it. You really can't go wrong with Ronix. They make fantastic products, and their bindings in particular are exceptional. I used to go through 2 sets of bindings a year, but I've been riding the same pair of Ronix bindings for 2 years. They're almost indestructible. Good luck man!
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-09-2014, 9:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillywakeboarder View Post
I think you'd be very pleased with the 2013 Ronix Vault + Divide bindings package. I recommended the same setup last year for a friend of mine who is a beginner/intermediate rider and he really likes it. You really can't go wrong with Ronix. They make fantastic products, and their bindings in particular are exceptional. I used to go through 2 sets of bindings a year, but I've been riding the same pair of Ronix bindings for 2 years. They're almost indestructible. Good luck man!
I agree with all this. I couldn't have said it better myself.