Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-14-2013, 1:11 PM Reply   
Couldn't help but notice that he was sitting at the Ronix Camber roundtable. What's up with that? He's obviously ridden the board--any footage out there?
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-16-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
Has anyone seen a formal announcement on it? I doubt we'd see any footage of him riding before Ronix says anything about it.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-16-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
He's definitely riding for Ronix. I spoke with him on the phone last night and he said that his 5-year-old has been wakeboarding a ton and it's gotten him all fired up about wakeboarding again. He said he's riding better than he's ever ridden. I asked him if he was going to compete again and he said, "Hell yes, I'm going to get out there and compete with those 18-year-olds!" Unfortunately, I was driving and had a bad phone connection, so I couldn't really tell how serious he was. I know that his back problems were one of the reasons he retired, but he said his back feels great now. Should be interesting to watch what he can do on much bigger wakes than those he was riding on last time we saw him!
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-16-2013, 10:58 AM Reply   
Thanks Dave, cool to hear!
Old     (one_arm_ripper)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-16-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
Yes Darin is riding for Ronix, I actually pulled him last weekend for a few sets and he looks great! He is feeling strong and healthy, he is also back to his strict training and riding schedule and he is very serious about competing on tour next year!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-16-2013, 5:24 PM Reply   
It would be great to see him back on the tour. I'm sure he will go huge!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-16-2013, 5:50 PM Reply   
So sick!
Old     (michaelvincz)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-18-2013, 8:06 AM Reply   
That's awesome to hear he is back at it and going to give it another run!!! Always great to see someone pull themselves up when they fall down and make a rise again! Congrats To Darin!
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-19-2013, 2:30 PM Reply   
Hell, yeah, would love to see what Shapiro can do off these huge modern wakes. Dude was a beast. For some reason I thought he was in jail though.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-19-2013, 2:37 PM Reply   
Never mind, just saw the other thread.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-20-2013, 1:00 PM Reply   
THE SCUD IS BACK! HOT DAMN!! I just peed a little bit thinking about him back ridng.

Orbitals!
Fronts To Blind!
Vulcans!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-20-2013, 1:06 PM Reply   
I honestly think Shapiro joining the pro tour again is a huge step for wakeboarding. Stupid reference haha, but it's like stone cold steve austin joining the WWE again. I know our sport can't really be compared to the popularity of entertainment wrestling, but you get the idea. I honestly think it will bring more people out to pro tour stops, more viewers on web forums, more live broadcast viewers, etc. This is awesome and above most, I'm very interested in seeing how the judges will accept Shapiro on the tour. His riding is completely different than anyone else. When it comes to some of the tricks he has, he pretty much stands alone in regards to being the only rider that does them (wonder if we will see a speed ball on the tour again).... Exciting stuff.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-20-2013, 6:25 PM Reply   
W2W speedball please
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-20-2013, 9:11 PM Reply   
how about landing that triple front? if he had the wakes available now when he attempted it back when, he would have landed it
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-21-2013, 2:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelvincz View Post
That's awesome to hear he is back at it and going to give it another run!!! Always great to see someone pull themselves up when they fall down and make a rise again! Congrats To Darin!
You cannot be serious?!!! I hope all the families impacted by the family run pill mill recover so quickly. Hero worship.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-21-2013, 2:46 PM Reply   
Let me add to my last post under the assumption that charges dropped means the guy is innocent and not in any way connected to the family business.

I would think a good cleansing is in order. When you develop your income from sponsorship and endorsement deals you probably have to discuss what happened with your fan base to clear the slate. Maybe we will see a good article in an upcoming Wakeboard magazine.

I loved Darrin's riding style and even pulled him in a couple grass roots tournaments when the wakeboard craze was just starting. I would love to hear that his family were the scumbags or even better framed or that Darrin chose the higher road. Then I could really enjoy his return to the spotlight.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       11-22-2013, 12:54 AM Reply   
I really hope, for the sake of his and the sports name and reputation that he is able to clear this up, if he is indeed innocent. I hope it would mprove the fan base of the sport, which as you know will get us more riders, more development of boats, boards, gear, etc. and improve everything for all of us.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-22-2013, 5:24 AM Reply   
Talk about killing the vibe, there's already a thread on that subject somewhere else. Also, when posting such bold opinions you really shouldn't start with "under the assumption that charges were dropped" (maybe you should find out if charges were dropped before making such bold accusations) or "if he is indeed innocent" (I'm pretty sure he's not in court or jail soooo???). Not trying to start a war or debate, but so many people very opinionated on the matter, yet don't even know much about the story other than a few things they read online.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-22-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
thought I was on wakeworld, not Judge Judy.
Old     (JOEYDELK)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-22-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
Let the haters hate! Darrin did a ton for the sport!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-22-2013, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by srock View Post
You cannot be serious?!!! I hope all the families impacted by the family run pill mill recover so quickly. Hero worship.
haters gunna hate-
Lamo-
Old     (wakeboarder3780)      Join Date: Sep 2013       11-25-2013, 10:56 PM Reply   
Gettin this thing back on track - it would be absolutely sick to see Darin ride competitively again. youtube "darin shapiro russia" and get excited about what he could do now. That guy is STILL the guy i love to watch ride.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-26-2013, 5:49 AM Reply   
Sorry for the buzz kill but if you have not noticed we live in a world of differing opinions. I am so tired hearing the term haters being tossed around as some sort of justification of nothing. I hold by my statement that Darrin needs to explain himself to clear up cloud over his head to all those non-free love fans.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-26-2013, 7:26 AM Reply   
Wakeboarders are not idols. I don't care what kind of drugs ____ does on the weekend or What kind of toothpaste ____ uses to keep his teeth so white, etc. There are plenty of pro wake boarders that are losers and even total pieces of crap in their land life. I honestly don't care. I look to them for inspiration on the water, not my life in general.

Darin's wakeboard life has been exceptional. He has blow minds, set new standards and I have never seen him be anything but professional, polite and willing to take a moment for any one of his fans at wakeboard events. I can't say that for some of the riders out there.

Tim, you did make this thread suck. No one should model their entire life after anyone (Winston Churchill was a drunk, MLK was a womanizer, etc). We all have made mistakes, we all have area of weakness and most are trying to work on those. Pick the best parts of people and like them for that. I had a dear friend that turned out to be a crook. In the end, she was most worried about how people thought about her and I said, "I had no idea what you were into and even if I did that wasn't why you are my friend. It was all of the other stuff."
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-26-2013, 7:48 AM Reply   
Sorry for being so harsh, but this thread was intended to discuss Shapiro, Ronix and their relationship moving forward. Rumors say he is shredding and I am excited to find out if it is true. His riding was one of a kind and still has not been duplicated--I miss it.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-26-2013, 11:45 AM Reply   
Amen Justin. Tim, there's no justification going on here. No-one is saying it's okay that Darin did anything because none of us know what happened. I'm guessing you have little to no experience with people that have been involved in the criminal justice system. I've known a number of people who have majorly screwed up and I've known people who did not screw up but the criminal justice system almost screwed them over. In Darin's case the charges were dropped. THE CHARGES WERE DROPPED!!!!! Who do you think you are that Darin owes you an explanation? Obviously you're a self proclaimed "non-free love fan." Get over yourself. You're also a hater for tossing around a mockery of the American criminal justice system that Darin is guilty until proven innocent. You're welcome to your differing opinion but it goes in the face of what our country was founded on. I hope you savor that on Thanksgiving.

I think Darin's go-huge style and raley based tricks do so much for the sport! It looks ballsy and it looks awesome!

So glad to hear Darin's coming back and I can't wait to see the videos!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-26-2013, 7:37 PM Reply   
I did not say he owes me an explaination I think its a public relations issue for a person about to move back into the spotlight. His name was on the damn businesses ...as the owner. It will always be in peoples minds as he rebrands and markets himself-as a business.

If you have ever dealt with our legal system you will find there are many, many, many shortcomings so don't lecture me unless you have been through the process.

There is no doubt that Darrin's riding would leave you with your mouth hanging open. I watched him often taking sets and it always looked so natural and awe inspiring.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-26-2013, 8:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by srock View Post
Sorry for the buzz kill but if you have not noticed we live in a world of differing opinions. I am so tired hearing the term haters being tossed around as some sort of justification of nothing. I hold by my statement that Darrin needs to explain himself to clear up cloud over his head to all those non-free love fans.
I dont think he owes you a thing.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-27-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   
Tim, I'm an attorney. I agree that there are shortcomings in the criminal justice system.

Since you imply that you have some experience with the criminal justice system then maybe you shouldn't take it upon yourself to be Darin's public crucifer.

And actually, you did say that he owes you an explanation:

Quote:
I hold by my statement that Darrin needs to explain himself to clear up cloud over his head to all those non-free love fans.
Unless, you are not one of the "non-free love fans."

If you were just interested in "public relations" and if you hadn't passed judgment on Darin, you could have easily made a non-hate filled post and expressed a desire to hear from Darin about it.

You have expressed outrage at people referring to you as a hater yet your words are full of hate. You claim you never said Darin owed you anything yet your words prove otherwise. You are attempting to justify your hate and lie about what you said but you can't because the proof is in the same thread. Yet you have nothing to prove Darin has done anything.

Maybe spend a little more time reflecting on yourself and your actions before you go throwing stones at others.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-27-2013, 11:08 AM Reply   
and further more Tim, I would like to know were that pic was taken in your profile
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-28-2013, 6:04 AM Reply   
Silver Glen Springs Florida
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-28-2013, 6:09 AM Reply   
Well we all have our opinions I will let time tell the rest of the story
Old     (rawB)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-30-2013, 2:36 PM Reply   
This thread has turned into such a pill... When are we going to see some video!
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-19-2013, 10:17 PM Reply   
Champions never Die
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-27-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
They just use the power of Oxy..... lol
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-27-2014, 9:08 AM Reply   
I'm surprised that we haven't seen anything on Shapiro. He's been training and riding on Ronix for months, and not one video. I would love to see his his riding is coming.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-30-2014, 12:55 AM Reply   
...And totally redeem yourself! (dumb and dumber). Seriously though, Darin competing now, would make me go to tour stops again.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-31-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
I'm surprised that we haven't seen anything on Shapiro. He's been training and riding on Ronix for months, and not one video. I would love to see his his riding is coming.
Alliance had a Instagram photo of him and Murray our riding. Hopefully they will post a vid soon.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-31-2014, 9:36 AM Reply   
Shot Attached
Attached Images

Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2014, 2:03 PM Reply   
I saw Darin riding in OWC towards the end of last year and he was killing it.
Would love to see another video.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-07-2014, 5:55 AM Reply   
Saw this through Facebook...
Going back to competitive Wakeboarding at 40 by wakeboard legend Darin Shapiro

The last 6 months of my my life have consisted of training, training, and more training. I have decided to go and do what I thought I would never do as I thought competitive wakeboarding was a sport for teenagers and twenty somethings. After my 5 year old starting riding and asking me to ride I thought “hey this is fun but that doesn’t give me the right to think I could go out and have any kind of chance competing against the best guys in the world” but, as I went out and rode something amazing happened.

The wakes had gotten way bigger and the boards have gotten way better than what I remembered! For the most part what I was trying to accomplish years ago was quite a bit easier going now. I was having so much fun and the harder stuff felt easier than I had remembered.

But, I am 40. I have been trampoline training a couple of hours per week, I’ve been putting in 5 hours a week in the gym, I have been mountain biking a ton and riding the cable and boat. My diet is mostly vegetarian or fish and I’m religious about the quality and type of supplements I take which I have researched for years.

Where does this put me as far as being ready to take on the Pro Wakeboard Tour at my age? I have no idea but I love being in the best shape of my life and riding a wakeboard with virtually no pain especially considering that I have been going pretty hard in my book. Kelly Slater is the best example I can give about what can be accomplished in watersports at 40 plus. Though surfing is different in regard to what type of load we put on our bodies he is the “bees knees” and I am immensely inspired

I have reminded myself daily that I love this process and trying to up my game has got me feeling more alive than ever. I challenge everyone out there to challenge themselves because that is where I find the most happiness and I hope you do to!

http://darinshapiro.me/competitive-w...darin-shapiro/
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-07-2014, 7:17 AM Reply   
Hell yes!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-07-2014, 8:13 AM Reply   
Yhea was on his site and reading through it this weekend. I am stoked, Can't wait to watch he SCUD live again. I can imagine him creating a bunch of new tricks and doing stuff the kids are not doing with all the new technology and being healthy
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-07-2014, 9:03 AM Reply   
With the new Pro Tour format, how is he able to/qualified to ride outside of the extra "industry" picked riders they get for each specific stop? The whole point of the new format was to keep the high quality riders (those that show that through the standings). Someone like Darin, legend or not, doesn't seem to qualify to ride the Pro tour, rather still needs to qualify.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-07-2014, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
With the new Pro Tour format, how is he able to/qualified to ride outside of the extra "industry" picked riders they get for each specific stop? The whole point of the new format was to keep the high quality riders (those that show that through the standings). Someone like Darin, legend or not, doesn't seem to qualify to ride the Pro tour, rather still needs to qualify.
If the tour is smart (after dropping women/jrs, maybe they're not) they'll find a way to let him compete. The guy has earned it.. not to mention, he's a blast to watch.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-07-2014, 2:51 PM Reply   
Cant wait to see him rail into a G wake with a ronix under him.
can you say "blast off"
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-07-2014, 3:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator View Post
If the tour is smart (after dropping women/jrs, maybe they're not) they'll find a way to let him compete. The guy has earned it.. not to mention, he's a blast to watch.
I would respectfully disagree, removing women and jr's may have been one of the wiser moves to help elevate the PWT and emphasize the top level of riding, and help grow everything overall. I would also say that, although I want to see Darin ride as much as anyone else does, your suggestion of just getting him into the competition field is part of what is wrong with competition riding, your name shouldn't necessarily automatically qualify you, technically he should have to work his way up like anyone else, shouldn't he? Hopefully the changes in the PWT will allow it to move to a more equal and fluid qualifying process.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-08-2014, 3:24 PM Reply   
Here's how you qualify for a spot at the first Pro Tour stop. I'm sure he will get one of the wildcards...

- Top 24 Pro Men from the 2013 MasterCraft Pro Tour standings,
- Top 4 Junior Pro Men from the 2013 MasterCraft Junior Pro Men Standings,
- 3 Wild Cards (Media exposure & past contest results will be the criteria used to select these riders.)
- 1 Golden Ticket
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-08-2014, 3:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Here's how you qualify for a spot at the first Pro Tour stop. I'm sure he will get one of the wildcards...

- Top 24 Pro Men from the 2013 MasterCraft Pro Tour standings,
- Top 4 Junior Pro Men from the 2013 MasterCraft Junior Pro Men Standings,
- 3 Wild Cards (Media exposure & past contest results will be the criteria used to select these riders.)
- 1 Golden Ticket
Yep, and hopefully he really is towards the top of the game, otherwise it's unfortunate for the up and coming riders/local riders/currently hot riders that will miss out on the opportunity for the exposure. Definitely glad he's back into the game, but extra special consideration isn't necessarily the best for everyone.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-08-2014, 6:30 PM Reply   
I feel that he will be a way bigger draw than some new unknown kid. If he is going to help draw more of a crowd and promote the sport than it makes sense. Really, any former tour champion should have a "Golden ticket" till they no longer want to compete, especially someone as dominate as Darin. Hopefully he will be bringing his unique style of the old school days and just boosting.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-08-2014, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
I feel that he will be a way bigger draw than some new unknown kid. If he is going to help draw more of a crowd and promote the sport than it makes sense. Really, any former tour champion should have a "Golden ticket" till they no longer want to compete, especially someone as dominate as Darin. Hopefully he will be bringing his unique style of the old school days and just boosting.
I agree. Just like the PGA and the Major events (aka: The Masters), past winners should always have a "golden ticket" until they decide its over. With the removal of the Women and Jr's, there is a lot more time during the weekend and adding a few more riders to the bracket will not be very difficult. Also, according to the Pro Tour qualifying, the "top 4 jr. men's" will only apply to this 2014 season, looks like 2015 will have 4 open spots...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-08-2014, 10:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Word, good points.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-09-2014, 7:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
I would also say that, although I want to see Darin ride as much as anyone else does, your suggestion of just getting him into the competition field is part of what is wrong with competition riding, your name shouldn't necessarily automatically qualify you, technically he should have to work his way up like anyone else, shouldn't he?
He already worked his way up. As with all areas of exhibition of talent, honoring those who made it to the top provides for special exceptions. It would be myopic to simply focus on the business at hand without any regard to the history and legacy of the sport.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-09-2014, 11:41 AM Reply   
He should ride based on being one of the greatest of all time alone.

Heck, I think there should still be challenge rounds on Thursday or Friday too. My favorite days to go watch the pro-tour was on Friday when you could see new faces, styles and even some of my buddies throw their hat into the ring.

I think the "Main Event" format sounds good on paper, but it closes the door to riders looking to work their way in to top level competition. It turns into the same guys doing the same tricks week in and week out. I liked the times a dark horse could sneak his way to the semis or even finals.
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-09-2014, 1:41 PM Reply   
Someone please post a video!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-10-2014, 6:48 AM Reply   
EVEN Questioning wether or not he deserves to compete on the tour is ridiculous. The sport of wakeboarding and everyone who gets out behind the boat owes Shapiro a tip of the hat.
Old     (scbrips)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
EVEN Questioning wether or not he deserves to compete on the tour is ridiculous. The sport of wakeboarding and everyone who gets out behind the boat owes Shapiro a tip of the hat.
Agreed.

Does anyone else think that Shapiro didn't receive proper credit for things he was doing on tour years back? Skeezer to blind way out into the flats, huge heel front to blind, Orbital 5, etc. It's absolutely insane that he was doing double fronts back in the '90s. With all the advancements made in boards and boats, we've seen so many doubles go down in the past few years. And yet, as crazy as they are, not a single one of them has been a Speedball.

Darin is a living legend and I absolutely cannot wait to see him riding again.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-10-2014, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbrips View Post
Agreed.

Does anyone else think that Shapiro didn't receive proper credit for things he was doing on tour years back? Skeezer to blind way out into the flats, huge heel front to blind, Orbital 5, etc. It's absolutely insane that he was doing double fronts back in the '90s. With all the advancements made in boards and boats, we've seen so many doubles go down in the past few years. And yet, as crazy as they are, not a single one of them has been a Speedball.

Darin is a living legend and I absolutely cannot wait to see him riding again.
I dont think Shapiro got/gets anywhere near the credit he deserves. Everyone is still hanging on Parks, but Shapiro paved the way even for Parks. No one do this day does Orbitals or Fronts to Blind. Those are two of my Favorite tricks on the planets. About 5-6 years ago I went on a quest to figure out the Orbital, all I learned is that its stupid hard, hurts like hell, and is a good way to get tangled in the rope and stuck upside down. The impact he would take on the speedballs was so insane, not to mention when he went on a mission (as I recall at one of the first double or nothings) to do a Triple speedball.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       04-10-2014, 8:07 PM Reply   
V.I.D.E.O.!

Trick of the year: triple front?
Old     (Jed)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-10-2014, 10:04 PM Reply   
Shapiro being filmed early in March. Should be a vid coming out this year.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-11-2014, 5:33 AM Reply   
Hmmmmm…… I wonder what their reaction was when he sat down on that strut with the filming crew mid S-Bend…

SHHEEEESH.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-11-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
Going big is back for 2014!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       04-11-2014, 3:13 PM Reply   
That pic just made my day
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-11-2014, 3:19 PM Reply   
The guy shooting the video is old school too...guess who Darin dragged back into wakeboarding!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-11-2014, 4:19 PM Reply   
Ronn S????
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-11-2014, 4:32 PM Reply   
Killer Pic!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-11-2014, 4:41 PM Reply   
Yup! Sidewayz is back too!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-11-2014, 7:36 PM Reply   
Dave Williams, the good news just keeps on coming. Love it!!!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       04-11-2014, 7:43 PM Reply   
This thread is getting better and better!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       04-11-2014, 8:11 PM Reply   
30 "Sidewayz Films and Darin Shapiro. A few behind the scenes photos" on the Sidewayz FB page. Looks like it's going to be a documentary, I think. Sweet!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-14-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
Blast OFF!
Attached Images

Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-14-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
^^^ Yeahhhh!

Last edited by alexair; 04-14-2014 at 8:20 AM.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-14-2014, 3:29 PM Reply   
^^^ Wakeboarding needs this.
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-14-2014, 10:45 PM Reply   
Love it
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-15-2014, 6:39 AM Reply   
It's a shame that he can't go big anymore /s
Old     (rob_c)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2014, 12:35 PM Reply   
Ok that's it I'm coming back!!
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-22-2014, 4:55 AM Reply   
Dude has been killing the wakes for years. I remember meeting him and Zane back in 95 at a stop in houston. They both had my son come over and take pics and sign all his swag. Im glad to see the old schooler killing it again. Guy has always been very cool at the tournaments with photos and the kiddos. Let the haters hate....I agree Justin H
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       04-22-2014, 1:10 PM Reply   
Every time there's a new post in this thread I hope it's the link to the video. Bring. It. ONNNNNNNNNNNNN!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-22-2014, 2:30 PM Reply   
hahaha! Same here. WTF is the hold up! Someone post some spy footage or something!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-22-2014, 2:55 PM Reply   
Hahahahah add me to the list praying for a Video to pop up!