Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-08-2015, 5:04 PM Reply   
I have finally decided that I need a Bimini for my boat .
AND....[COLOR="Red"] I need help finding who makes an over the top bimini[/COLOR]
Boat is a 2006 Malibu V-ride with a titan 3 tower
Yes, I have tower speakers if that Matters (?).

Anyone know who has one?
I have searched google and here, but no one CURRENTLY has one or access to one
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-08-2015, 5:25 PM Reply   
I tied...
Bakes
Tower Bimini
Star one

No luck
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-08-2015, 5:31 PM Reply   
Maybe these guys?

http://www.sewlong.com/tops-and-enclosures.html
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-08-2015, 6:01 PM Reply   
I will call Monday AM

THANKS!

Last edited by mikea; 08-08-2015 at 6:07 PM.
Old     (matty_gs)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2015, 7:10 AM Reply   
Do you have an Illusion tower? https://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1084
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-10-2015, 8:02 AM Reply   
I know John left Towerbimini's but they can make one for you.

I had both of mine done with them. First one on my older Sanger and I went over the tower and it was freaking killer. Second one is on my Mastercraft and the tower is so tall on that I can actually get away with it under the tower (with 10" speakers) so I went under.

First time they had the boat (sanger) but the second time I just filled out the measurements they ask for over email and it was absolutely exactly as I asked for (I installed)
Old     (04avyboarder)      Join Date: May 2012       08-13-2015, 3:39 PM Reply   
http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/v/...er-biminis.asp

Have one of these on my centurion and love how much coverage it offers without having to duck down.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-13-2015, 5:04 PM Reply   
I had spoken to you about this I think via email. We needed measurments to determine if we can do it. Did you get my email (from ian at onlyinboards.com)
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-14-2015, 7:54 AM Reply   
Ian - are you still working with towerbimini's?

For the record Ian is who I went through to get mine (through towerbiminis)...and I'd recommend him highly.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-14-2015, 11:02 AM Reply   
Yes, i do still work with TowerBiminis but SewLong offers biminis for some models that TowerBiminis does not. thanks Tim!!
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-16-2015, 1:15 PM Reply   
I placed an order with sewlong.
I HOPE to post VERY proud pictures once I install.
Thanks for the lead on this company.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-16-2015, 4:11 PM Reply   
I have a Sewlong with the optional surf racks. It's the envy of all my friends. Shades a lot and I regularly put four boards up there. I can put six in a pinch.
Old     (MBBoss210)      Join Date: Jan 2014       08-17-2015, 12:08 PM Reply   
I had a custom over the top bimini made from Tower Bimini. I actually dropped my boat off at their shop and talked with John (I know he's gone now), but he made it custom to my liking and it came out perfect! I have tower speakers on the tower as well which fit no problem. Here's a link to my post that has some pictures.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ghlight=bimini
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-10-2015, 3:01 PM Reply   
I did put the sew-long bimini on and am very pleased with their product.
The only trouble I had with it was my own fault.

I have custom made board rack that I could not move, due to MY design.
(my fault! not theirs)

The only thing I can add is that when you FIRST put on the bimini check your board racks before tightening down.

( I have removable board racks and put the bimini on and tightened down before putting on the racks to check for clearance, next night I made some adjustments and everything is great)

Good product!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-11-2015, 7:17 AM Reply   
I had tower Bimini do mine. I added 12 inches to the back and 6 inches to the front. I also added 2 poles to the back corners. They catch the rope after rider drops. That way it does not go around the side into racks. I did drop the boat off there for them to work on although. Johnny is the best, I know he is gone but Jaime can take care of it.
Attached Images

Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2015, 3:50 AM Reply   
Don,
how do you attach the tow rope to the tower?
do have REALLY long arms?
(or do you fold up the bimini attach the tow rope then fold bimini back down
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-15-2015, 6:40 AM Reply   
There is a zipper I reach up thru to attach. In the picture it was not installed yet. Tower bimini had to do some research and find a color matching one. Which they were able to do.