Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-18-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
Anybody know what the wakes like, is it good if yousa sac it out, and if so how
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-18-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
I heard that the wakes really soft
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-18-2007, 9:07 PM Reply   
We ran a SV211 for the nationals this year. The wake was nice, shaped similar to a malibu VLX which is odd for a nautique. Size wise it it grows quite quickly to a good medium sized wake, after you get it to that size you can double the ballast and it doesn't seem to get much better. The wake was pretty solid, I wouldn't describe it as soft at all. About 500-600 pounds over stock the wake didn't seem to kick on after there. They need pretty much everything added in the rear rather than the front. This is just my experience from setting it up for a contest so we didn't get along time to tweak it.
Old    dabigkahuna            06-18-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
the 211 wake is very similar to the VLX, but possibly a little more rampy. The bad thing about the wake is that it doesn't really have a lip on it to boot you up, the good thing however is that you can edge all the way through the wake and then throw your trick (which is what you are supposed to do anyways but usually don't for fear of getting bucked).

The wake is medium-large full loaded (boat with full stock ballasts, 3 people, 1,200 lbs. lead). After that point the wake doesn't change and the boat handles like crap.

All-in-all, the wake is pretty damn good. Not the best wake out there by any means, but still extremely good.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-19-2007, 6:14 AM Reply   
I think it is a pretty good wake, esp for a crossover boat that can still throw a great wake for slalom. I got one after trading in my SAN and of course the SAN wake was bigger, but i'm not an advanced rider and i really liked the 211 wake as well.

Plus, that boat handles a lot better than my old '00 SAN and tracked incredibly well. Mine is for sale if interested!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-19-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
i rode behind one with about 1500 lbs in it. It was pretty meaty but i also noticed the lip wasn't there. I thought it was great coming from the MC i usually ride behind. The wake had good pop, just not the out of control lip. I would also rate the wake at extremely good.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-19-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
The 211 is super sensitive to weight placement. I like a steeper wake like a SAN wake so I run the weight as far back as possible. The biggest mistake people make when weighting the 211 is filling the center tank, it makes a better wake when the center tank is between 1/2 and 3/4 full. When you fill the center tank the boat planes out too far and the lip disappears. Don't forget to keep the hydrogate in wakeboard mode, that kills the lip too. It is also sensitive side to side, make sure it's running level. I ride at 24mph, any faster and the wake goes away.

Other tips: keep more passengers in the rear than the bow, keep the gas tank as full as possible, heavy golf cart batteries for the stereo in the rear compartments also helps the wake.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-19-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
mike, pm'd you
Old    dabigkahuna            06-20-2007, 1:37 AM Reply   
Mikeski,

I agree, the weight needs to be more in the back than your average wakeboat. However, if you are running extra weight like lead or batteries, shouldn't you keep the belly tank full? you can always add more weight to the back to offset the weight in the belly tank. Also, I've noticed that too much weight in the back causes the boat to porpoise big time, which makes riding in anything but butter all but impossible.

My ideal weight, in saltwater (which makes a difference) is:

Full stock ballasts (all three tanks)
350 lbs. lead in each v-drive ski locker (totalling 700 lbs. in rear)
250 lbs. lead in center ski locker
250 lbs. lead in bow
three to five people in the boat (any more than 5 people I empty ballast)

anyways...just what I run and seems to work pretty good.