Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cjobil43)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-18-2014, 8:04 AM Reply   
Hey everyone,

I just moved up to Jacksonville, long time wakeboarder, looking to ride. I haven't discovered ANY type of wake scene up here! Does anyone know anyone who rides here?! It is painful to let this warm weather go to waste!

If you know anyone, please pass along my info. Ive ridden some tour stops and other high level competitions. Ive coached wake and watersports for years around FL. I'm just looking to get some riding in up here! I have my captains license, plenty of boat experience, all my own gear, and gas money to boot. Willing to drive, coach, ride, clean, babysit, give relationship advice, ect, ect, ect.... Let me know and thanks!

Chris - cjobil43@gmail.com
Old     (MBofTexas)      Join Date: Aug 2013       02-18-2014, 8:48 AM Reply   
Chris move to North Texas and I'll let you babysit my to crazy boys.......

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old     (jkgriner)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-18-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
I live in Chiefland, FL (2 hrs away), with an '09 xstar. PM me if you are interested in traveling that far to ride.
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-18-2014, 9:59 AM Reply   
have you tried calling Aqua East? they have a small Wakeboard shop on the 2nd floor in their main store so they might know a few people. There IS a small contingent of riders up that way (haven't really met up with too many to buddy up with myself on occasion). There's USUALLY an annual comp there out at the "Crab Shack" Restaurant that feature several riding levels, give Aqua East a call (904-246-2550) they might know some folks you can ride with up there. I'd say come ride with our group but the boat is down right now and we're trying to get it lakeworthy again, and it doesn't look like that'll happen until late spring or early summer.
Old     (echo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       02-18-2014, 10:35 AM Reply   
I've been meaning to get in touch, but last few times I went out were really spur of the moment.
Attached Images

Old     (cobra_nuggets)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-18-2014, 6:31 PM Reply   
I live in Jax. Just sold my Malibu but my buddy has a Tige. We ride Black Creek area once it warms up a bit. I saw that you posted in our facebook group. Thats prob the best place to start.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-19-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
James, how is the riding out there in St. Augustine? I never though about riding out there especially that close to downtown. Let me know if you ever need a third or a driver. I live up in Switzerkand and can be that way pretty quickly.
Old     (cjobil43)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-20-2014, 8:30 AM Reply   
MBofTexas: Haha, I used to coach/ babysit for a family back home, so it wouldn't be the first time, oddly enough!! They just packed me and the kids on the boat and sent us off to wakeboard! That was a good gig!

jkgriner: Yeah, at this point, 2 hours if definitely not out of the question? How often do you ride?? I will send you a PM in a bit.

quik876: Thanks for the info, I will look into that. I might go over and check them out in person and see whats up. Let me know when you fix the boat up, Ill be there! Good luck!

echo: Lets ride! That looks awesome man! Very jealous... take my number and shoot me a text next time, i can be very spur of the moment! 727 580 20 64 - Chris

Cobra: yeah I'm glad I found that facebook, hope we can get together soon!

Last selling point for myself: I can provide Unlimited Monster Energy Drinks to whoever I ride with!!! So energy won't be an issue. lol
Old     (cjobil43)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-24-2014, 8:24 AM Reply   
Hey, someone texted me and invited me to ride on Sunday, but for some reason I cannot communicate back to them. I received the text, but I cannot call or respond back, as it says the number is invalid. No idea why my phone did this. If you text me to ride this weekend, please email me: cjobil43@gmail.com

Sorry we couldn't link up, but it looks like the rain soured the day a bit!
Old     (echo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       02-25-2014, 6:50 AM Reply   
Should be in the Find a Third section, but anyone have interest in riding this evening. From 5:00 - 6:30pm?

904 four six zero 8174

send text for info
Old     (cjobil43)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-25-2014, 6:57 AM Reply   
Hey I may be down. Where do you ride? I will text you in a few minutes.