Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cragrat)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-16-2013, 10:17 AM Reply   
Heard so much about both of these boats. Opinions?
Old     (Rob720)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-16-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
Hey John, Robert from Brigade here. I haven't had much experience in the Supreme. That said I have surfed the RZ4 a few times. The wave is great. Very long and has a good lip for airing the board out. I have been in the boat with only stock ballast front and rear (600) rear and (400) front and the wave was acceptable with no people on board besides the driver. I have also been in the boat with about 1000 rear and 400 front same amount of passengers and the wave was noticeably better.

I know with another 1000 it would have been great. Not talking down on Supreme but from my 9 years of working in and on wakeboats, I feel that the tige is a better built boat with better finish, and depending on the year you are looking at it will have the better power plant. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents for another Brigade rider. Normally keep my nose out of the boat comparison threads.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-16-2013, 2:49 PM Reply   
This one could get mean fast! LOL
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       07-20-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
they are in very different price classes when new, so not sure why the comparison?
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-20-2013, 9:54 AM Reply   
I think of the supreme as a sorta price point boat with one of the sickest waves I've ridden. Ive never ridden behind an RZ4 but have been behind a dialed Z3 and it was sweet but I think I liked the 226 just a little better, not to mention it produces great results on both sides without a whole lot of "dial in" time
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-20-2013, 7:01 PM Reply   
Get the 226 and spend the $10K~$15K you'll save on a killer ballast system,a kick ass stereo system,and a couple new boards.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2013, 1:25 PM Reply   
Well, my vote would be for Supreme even though I hate their tower as it puts the tower speaks too far forward and the bimmini is less effective than on older boats.

The Tige is nice, I've been in one, it's also a LOT more expensive, and their interior styling doesn't really "do it" for me.

At the end of the day, both will throw great waves, go and demo them!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-22-2013, 1:59 PM Reply   
Eric hit the nail on the head,find a way to demo both and make your own decision.
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       07-22-2013, 6:24 PM Reply   
Huge price difference between those two. I have surfed the 226 and a z3. I am guessing an RZ4 is comparable if not a tad less great wave than the Z3. Both boats will make a great wave, but I agree with the prior response get the 226 and buy a car or something with the savings!

I ended up buying a MC X30, but alot of my decision had to do with dealer relationship and service and the love of my prior MC build quality.

When it comes to price/wave quality it is hard to beat a Supreme v226!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2013, 9:32 PM Reply   
226 and spend the extra cash on upgrades! I e ridden the 226 many times and a Z3 a few times
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-23-2013, 3:40 AM Reply   
If you just looked at numbers of units sold,there wouldn't be any competition.But a demo of both should answer all your questions.
Old     (bigkdog100)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-24-2013, 7:34 AM Reply   
I bought a 13' V226 this year, my brother bought a 10' RZ2 with 110 hours on it for the same $$$.. Both are sick boats and well built, were weighted about the same (2200lbs, port side,bow) and in the same spots in the boat. both wave's are very big, clean, but I gotta say mine seems to be longer with more push farther back!! (just saying Kasey if you read this, LOL!!)

One other thing, you don't see many Supreme's on the water as its not the "popular" boat ( M.C., tige, malibu, or natique ) because mainly I don't thing people are aware its even out there. I dig that! it looks mean on the water too!
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-25-2013, 1:22 PM Reply   
I have a '11 Supreme V226 and love this boat and wave...even with only a driver and passenger, the wave is sick! My buddy has an RZ2 and it's a nice wave, steeper lip but not nearly as long...so you're surfing in a smaller area and have more of a tendency to lose the wave with a small mistake with a landing or 360. Sorry for not having any experience with the RZ4!

Comparison videos (click the HD link for best quality):

Surfing my V226 -

Surfing his RZ2 -
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-25-2013, 1:38 PM Reply   
I have some video of an RZ2 with the VX, wow, not as steep, can be adjusted, and long. I should have it done by tomorrow. I still need to get on the RZ4 with the VX, haven't done so yet.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-25-2013, 11:10 PM Reply   
So I really wish I had RZ4 footage in this video, but that one model wasn't available while we were there. Its funny, I actually was thinking about this thread and thought I could post video of the RZ4 with the VX, but the RZ2 is pretty outstanding in here. Had a lot of fun filming and making this one.

Hope that helps, either way, both are great wakesurf boats. I would say the V226 has a better wakesurf wake than the RZ4 without the VX, but comparing the RZ4 and V226 is not really apples to apples. I think the Z1 and RZ2 with the VX, I would prefer over the V226, but thats just my preference. Of course that is only considering the wake, and not other aspects of the boat. Get a good demo on both before you buy if you can.

Last edited by ragboy; 07-25-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2013, 3:41 AM Reply   
Those Tige's look mighty impressive!