Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-17-2010, 8:41 PM Reply   
California: The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out, bites the Governor and attacks his dog.
1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.
2. He calls animal control. Animal Control captures coyote and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.
3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.
4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.
5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is free of dangerous animals.
6. The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a "coyote awareness" program for residents of the area.
7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
8. The Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack somehow and for letting the Governor attempt to intervene.
9. Additional cost to State of California : $75,000 to hire and train a new security agent with additional special training re: the nature of coyotes.
10. PETA protests the coyote's relocation and files suit against the State.

Arizona: The Governor of Arizona is jogging with her dog along a nature trail. A Coyote jumps out and attacks her dog.
1. The Governor shoots the coyote with her State-issued pistol and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.
2. The Buzzards eat the dead coyote.
And that's why California is broke.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-18-2010, 7:18 AM Reply   
close but no cigar, Chris.
It was Texas' Governor...
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...hreatened-dog/
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-18-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
What ever happened to "Don't be a girly man, vote Republican", back in 2004?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-18-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
Arizona issues pistols to its citizens? Does she get the .45 because she is the boss? What would I get since I'm just a working class stiff? It's funny because the Governors of both states are Republicans. It's not funny because it makes zero sense, oh well, you can't hit a home run every time.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-18-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Wait a minute...

"A coyote jumps out, bites the Governor...The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged."

I would almost guarantee the governor of Texas, Arizona, where ever, would do exactly the same thing. I know I would go and make sure I didn't have rabies.

This thread fails.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-18-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
Don't forget unemployment charges to the state due to wrongful termination of said secruity guard!
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-18-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
It's a sarcastic joke guys! You know, one of those emails that gets sent around for people to have a laugh at how messed up California's policies are!

I had a good laugh, and thought I'd share ...and I'm a native Californian!
Old    deltahoosier            06-18-2010, 1:00 PM Reply   
That is almost exactly how California operates. Don't forget to add in the 10 regulators they hire after they do the study that will make sure the coyote does not over or under breed. California is a joke. Most states would not dream to pay for the things that go on in this state.

The don't be a girly man thing did not work out because the hippie and illegal alien portions of the state have the greatest population and keep voting themselves benefits and tax increases. California keeps voting for regulations that kill manufacturing. Only thing that is going for the state is it is still recognized as a place with a technical base and technical workers. That is near the coast. The central part of the state is pretty much based on a fake construction industry that has now went belly up. The eastern part depends on tourism.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-19-2010, 5:10 AM Reply   
Unfortunately That is how the federal government is being run x 10. Arnold is a Republican now there's a LOL
Old    deltahoosier            06-19-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
Arnold has zero power. Only thing he has been able to do is veto tax increases. I guess some don't understand how government or finance works. Besides, Arnold is more liberal than the average republican.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-19-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
"Arnold is more liberal than the average republican"

I was going to say that Arnold is more liberal than your average democrat! haha.

unbelievable how people actually took this as a serious thread, and not the joke it was meant to be.