Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       03-14-2019, 1:52 PM Reply   
Like the title says, anyone done business with them? The wife and I have twins on the way and we decided it's time to sell our 2013 Tige for a couple of different reasons, but mainly because we don't want to make the next 2-3 years of payments on it and not use it at all. Posted it up on FB marketplace and was contacted by a POPyachts rep about brokering it through them. Supposedly they don't require you to sign a minimum contract length, they don't care if you continue trying to sell it on your own, and they only get paid if they bring you a buyer. Sounds to good to be true. Any one have any good or bad to say about them?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-14-2019, 2:05 PM Reply   
made the mistake of inquiring about a boat they had listed a few years ago. Lost count of how many emails and calls I got from someone at Popyachts trying to sell me other boats, some that weren't even remotely similar to the one asked about.

Now if you're selling, I guess that is a good thing. read the fine print tho, know exactly what they're going to charge you and what sort of transparency will they give you. I can see them saying they rec'vd less than they did and then charging their fee on it.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-14-2019, 2:44 PM Reply   
They are legit they are just a PIA. They were talking to some guy who was looking at my boat, he google searched the image & found me on Craigs before Popyachts even contacted me. He then told Popyachts he didn't need them & found me on Craigs. Then I started getting threatening emails that they're going to sue me if I dealt with him, then sent me a list of 18 people who asked about my boat & said they'd sue if I dealt with any of them. I actually had a blast trolling the idiot that kept emailing & threatening legal action. I lead him on that I had money in hand & it was a done deal & the guy went through the roof about his cut. They even sent an official looking letter telling me how expensive it was going to be to drag me to Florida for court if they don't get their cut of the sale. Then I got emails that I must have a tiny dick cause I am such an ass. This guy got so worked up & I never even met the guy who contacted me about the boat, I sold it to someone local. Then they started demanding I show proof. Guy was an idiot. Aside from that, everything is on the up & up & not a scam.

Last edited by wombat2wombat; 03-14-2019 at 2:48 PM.
Old     (Entersandman)      Join Date: Jun 2015       03-15-2019, 4:38 PM Reply   
I have a boat listed on onlyinboards.com and POPyachts contacted me via text. I told them I wasn't interested. The person sent a second text telling me what they would do and how they would get their fee. I again said not interested. I then received a contract from this person in my email. I replied to the email less the contract not interested and also to the text that I wasn't interested and if they made further contact I would file harassment charges.

If you use them good luck.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       03-17-2019, 9:20 AM Reply   
Can you send me this exchange? ian@onlyinboards.com I want to tell them to stop spamming our customers and block their email addresses if it comes to it.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       03-17-2019, 9:26 AM Reply   
I blocked one user from that company from using the site... if anyone else has had this happen to them with a boat posted on OnlyInboards please email me the email address of the person at Popyachts that contacted you and I will block them as well.
Old     (nick213)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-17-2019, 3:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
Can you send me this exchange? ian@onlyinboards.com I want to tell them to stop spamming our customers and block their email addresses if it comes to it.
So this comment right here shows onlyinboards is a legit business. I myself can vouch for that. I advertised my last boat with them and boat trader and within a day my boat was sold! I must say onlyinboards plastered there Facebook and IG with my boat and had all the right things to say about it which helped it sale! When I sale my current boat it will be done with both onlyinboards and boat trader again.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       03-18-2019, 3:37 AM Reply   
I listed my boat on onlyinboards and although it has no sold yet I have had no issues with their site, service, or browsers. Pop yachts emailed me giving me the whole pitch of how they could help, I told time I had little desire to pay them commission to use the internet like I can, and that follow up with emails and phone calls every week for the rest of the summer. I ended up blocking the numbers because of how annoying they were.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       03-18-2019, 5:36 AM Reply   
Thanks Guys! Really appreciate it!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-18-2019, 6:55 AM Reply   
yup. OIB has always been a solid organization. List it there and be done with it.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-18-2019, 7:14 AM Reply   
I have used only inboards 3 times and all were perfect transitions!
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       03-29-2019, 7:15 AM Reply   
sold my tige in '17 on onlyinboards. smooth as silk.
bought my current tige last fall from a guy off onlyinboards. he had the boat posted all over the place as I researched it but onlyinboards is where I found it and again transaction was smooth as could be.

go oib and never look back......
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-29-2019, 10:06 AM Reply   
My encounter with them left a REALLY sour taste in my mouth. They are very aggressive with threats of legal action, expensive, and at the end of the day have limited at best recourse for either buyer/seller relationship. I would avoid doing business with them if at all possible. Not to mention their back office TOTALLY blundered the titles associated with the deal.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-29-2019, 12:14 PM Reply   
Just list it on Onlyinboards, Facebook, Craigslist and should be good
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-01-2019, 4:26 PM Reply   
TC_Mastercraft... just to clarify, that is Pop Yachts you are talking about, not Onlyinboards, right?
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-02-2019, 5:24 AM Reply   
I have used OnlyInboards to sell two boats with great success. Its the best site for ease of use for inboards.

I get on OnlyInBoards just to browse....
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       04-02-2019, 11:27 AM Reply   
TC_Mastercraft must be talking about pop yachts. I've used onlyinboards in the past to sell my boat and they were great to work with.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-07-2019, 5:47 AM Reply   
I inquired about a boat listing that ended up being old old old and not directly theirs. Then it was like a dog on a bone. My bone. They seemed to think they would find me my next boat regardless.