Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sandaddiction)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-20-2015, 6:17 PM Reply   
Hi -

I am looking to purchase my first boat. I've grown up around boats and friends have wakeboard boats but I've never owned my own. I am looking for a boat that is well suited for wakesurfing, wakeboarding and also cruising. Most of the focus will be on wakesurfing.

Can you please provide your opinion between the three boats below? Taking into consideration; warranty, wake, quality, etc.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Boats:

http://www.blmboats.com/listing/2016-axis-a22-2/

http://semperspeedandmarine.com/Powe...6-a544011a7f4c

http://semperspeedandmarine.com/Powe...1-a4f801665643
Old     (Zach)      Join Date: Nov 2015       12-20-2015, 7:19 PM Reply   
I might look into the MB Sports boats I know it's not on your list. It looks like you are in Cali. they build them down in Atwater. So far I have been super happy with mine bought it through Larson Marine in Sac. good surf wave and wakeboarding wave with the f22 Tomcat. I looked at all of the top 5 brands and the quality was defiantly my biggest issue with a few of the major brands. I had to go and look at all the brands before buying a new boat it took a few months and a lot of miles but it was defiantly worth the research. Go and look if you have the time take pics of things you like and things you don't of all the brands. I also looked into what came standard with the price they quoted me. Some dealers don't tell you that the boat you are looking at has 15k worth of upgrades compared to others that may come standard with. Good luck and take your time looking it is defiantly worth the research for a big purchase. I also found financing through Costco was a better deal than through the dealer.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-21-2015, 9:45 AM Reply   
You've got some nice choices there, but if it were me I would go 2016 A22.
-5 year bow-to-stern warranty, 5 year engine warranty, and 5 year trailer warranty.
-Surf wake is great with no exposed weight on the seats...Surf Gate!
-Wakeboard wake is easily manipulated for a variety of different rider levels... Stays clean at lower speeds, gets huge and raspy with all ballast full!
-PCM power plant with the 1.76:1 gear ratio makes for easy pulls.
-Out of those three brands, the resale should be better on the Axis.
Set up: Stock MLS (3 Hard Tanks) all full, Wedge DOWN, 800# Ronix in each locker (Plug N' Play), and #750 Straight Line Horseshoe underneath bow seating (Plug N' Play).
2015 Axis Wake Research A22. Surf Wake. by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-21-2015, 10:32 AM Reply   
+1 for the Axis
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-21-2015, 11:03 AM Reply   
Axis...Resale will definitely be the best with that boat. Plus I think it actually has the best wake/wave of the 3 you listed (although I don't know anything about the Sanger personally). The fit and finish of the Tige will be a little better (possibly), but I know the Axis is the best choice for your needs/desires.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-21-2015, 11:57 AM Reply   
Where are you located? My local axis dealer is getting out of sales and they have a few leftover 15 and 16 models. They have a 15 a22 leftover asking 54900. He is liquidating so I would guess you could get that one for close to 50k. It doesn't have Bimini or speakers but it is surf gate equipped. If I was in the market this one would be in my driveway. http://www.kyboatworks.com/new_vehic...23&pov=3997535
Old     (sandaddiction)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-21-2015, 1:28 PM Reply   
Thank you for the assistance. Looks like Axis is the winner. What is the preference between the A22, T22 and T23?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-21-2015, 4:33 PM Reply   
Hard to compare a 22ft 102" beam boat to a 20ft 94" beam boat. Larger boats will always win. Should be comparing the A22 to the Tige R22. The R22 comes with up to 2400 lbs of ballast, rather than plumbing for dealer or owner to source sacs for. Also available with the TAPS-3 surf system with rider control.
Old     (lovenwlink)      Join Date: May 2011       12-25-2015, 9:08 PM Reply   
I've ridden behind the T-22 (a lot) both surf and wakeboard, an A24 - (just surfed) and a session both surf and wakeboard behind a T-23 IMO the T-throws a better surf wave than the A. The T-23 provides a really long wave but you need some weight to get serious push out of it. That said I really like the T23.