Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2016, 12:28 PM Reply   
Week 3 picks
DET @ GB - Lions on the road.
BAL @ JAX - Ravens on the road.
CLE @ MIA - Dolphins at home.
WAS @ NYG - REDSKINS on the road.
Sunday @ 4:05 pm
OAK @ TEN - RAIDERS on the road.
SF @ SEA - SEAHAWKS squeak one out just barely.
LA @ TB - RAMS on the road.
SD @ IND - CHARGERS on the road.
Sunday @ 4 : 25 pm
NYJ @ KC - JETS on the road.
PIT @ PHI - STEELERS on the road.
Sunday @ 8 : 30 pm
CHI @ DAL - COWBOYS at home.
Monday @ 8 : 30 pm
ATL @ NO - SAINTS at home.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-22-2016, 8:05 PM Reply   
Fu**ing Patriots. Wonder how 3 home games to start the season happened... Coincidence... How many home games in a row does your team have?
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-22-2016, 8:16 PM Reply   
John Elway is laughing all the way to the bank. Brock Osweiller sucks.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-23-2016, 11:31 AM Reply   
Wow. Didn't see the Pats destroying the Texans like that. Looks like everyone in the AFC is playing for 2nd place at this point.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-23-2016, 12:57 PM Reply   
for the past 27 years, my texas Tech buddies and I go to a Cowboy game. We've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly....

last year we took the RV to New Orleans and had a blast

this year, we are considering driving to Pittsburgh for the November 13th game.

Have any of you been to that stadium? Any recommendations on must see things to do while we are there. It will be a quick round trip
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-23-2016, 4:29 PM Reply   
^Where are you driving from? TX?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-23-2016, 8:18 PM Reply   
yes. DFW
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-24-2016, 5:28 AM Reply   
I will tell you it's a long trip. Minimum 2 days, unless you have multiple drivers.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-24-2016, 5:39 AM Reply   
1220 miles that takes 17.5 hours to drive. If you catch a nonstop flight it's 2.5 hours and only costs 241.00. Even if you get 10 mpg in your RV it will cost you a minimum of 245.00 at 2.00 a gallon for gas. That's if you can get it for that. We saw gas higher than that in Arkansas,Tennessee,Kentucky and West Virginia on a trip this September.

Last edited by cwb4me; 09-24-2016 at 5:42 AM.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-24-2016, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
yes. DFW
You could also go to Green Bay, looks like the same distance.
I here Lambeau is a bucket list event.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-24-2016, 10:54 AM Reply   
Either way sounds like a fun road trip! Well until you see the Cowboys play
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-24-2016, 1:41 PM Reply   
Da Picks:
AZ @ BUF - Cards send Rex packing and the Bills coachless
OAK @ TN - Titans in a shoot out
CLEV @ MIA - Fins, and with the first pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Browns select...
BAL @ JAC - Jags get it done
DET @ GB - Packer bounce back
DEN @ CINN - Bungals find a way to win, until the playoffs
MINN @ CAR - Panthers win but Cam gets beat up
WASH @ NYG - G-Men win another. OBJ destroys Norman.
LA @ TB - Bucs in a close one
SC @ SEA - HAWKS!!! Offense finally wakes up tomorrow.
NYJ @ KC - Chiefs win thanks to Arrowhead.
SD @ IND - Luck throws for 400 yards and a win.
PITT @ PHI - Eagles come crashing back down to earth with a rookie QB. Steelers win big.
CHI @ DAL - Cowboys get a nice bye week against the Bears but somehow Romo it away. Bears win!
ATL @ NO - Saints baby!

Enjoy your sunday boys!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-25-2016, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Yeah. The team that shut out the team 28-0 that beat you yesterday. Gonna be fun to watch. For Niner fans at least.
You were right!!! It was fun to watch....
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-25-2016, 7:48 PM Reply   
Maybe the 49's should protest the way they're playing and try to make a difference there?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-25-2016, 8:43 PM Reply   
Tony Romo #1 fan Romo ed his picks this week. He couldn't Bear to pick the Cowboys without his boy Romo in there. Don't worry Darren Dak's got your back. He certainly showed up your girl Regina "Wounded Knee"Wuss-son. Did she break a fingernail?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-25-2016, 11:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
You were right!!! It was fun to watch....
Dry heaves like Lloyd had in Dumb and Dumber. That would best describe my reaction to today's game. I even had to look at pics texted to me of my bro in law who was there at the game rubbing it in too. Lucky for me it was 95 in NorCal and the delta was empty. I was able to escape the game at halftime and get my surf on. Being able to get out of the water after dusk and not freeze my tail off was a nice consolation. Love me some NorCal.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2016, 11:59 PM Reply   
thanks for the comments about a pitt trip. Yes, there are multiple drivers.

Green Bay sounds fun too

For just pure football entertainment, we ought to stick to the original plan of the Philly game at home in Jerry world

I think that the jury is still out
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-26-2016, 7:42 AM Reply   
After yesterday Pittsburgh may look more appealing. But this is the NFL and it can change week to week. Lol
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-26-2016, 10:12 AM Reply   
Wow. Terrible picks this week by me, but the only game that mattered was the HAWKS! Looks like week one for the 49ers was similar to last year...fools gold.
Good to see Chip picking up where Jim left off...losing to Pete.

Also Mark, enjoy surfing the "pristine" delta, I'll keep skiing in the beautiful PNW before Seahawk wins.
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-26-2016, 12:20 PM Reply   
Ha! Nice. I'm guessing your water temps are 60+ -?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-26-2016, 4:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ha! Nice. I'm guessing your water temps are 60+ -?
Still holding on to 65+ water temp right now, but dropping every day.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-26-2016, 4:28 PM Reply   
Anybody going to take the Vikings seriously yet? No Teddy, no AP, and no TDs for Cam.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-26-2016, 5:10 PM Reply   
^No but we should. That D is for real. 14 points to Rogers & Co, 10 points to Cam & Co. That is impressive. Looking forward to the Vikes/Eagles game later this year, I'm sure Bradford is too.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-29-2016, 10:04 AM Reply   
I'll be taking the Bungals over the Fins in tonights game.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-29-2016, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Da Picks:
AZ @ BUF - Cards send Rex packing and the Bills coachless
OAK @ TN - Titans in a shoot out
CLEV @ MIA - Fins, and with the first pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Browns select...
BAL @ JAC - Jags get it done
DET @ GB - Packer bounce back
DEN @ CINN - Bungals find a way to win, until the playoffs
MINN @ CAR - Panthers win but Cam gets beat up
WASH @ NYG - G-Men win another. OBJ destroys Norman.
LA @ TB - Bucs in a close one
SC @ SEA - HAWKS!!! Offense finally wakes up tomorrow.
NYJ @ KC - Chiefs win thanks to Arrowhead.
SD @ IND - Luck throws for 400 yards and a win.
PITT @ PHI - Eagles come crashing back down to earth with a rookie QB. Steelers win big.
CHI @ DAL - Cowboys get a nice bye week against the Bears but somehow Romo it away. Bears win!
ATL @ NO - Saints baby!

Enjoy your sunday boys!
You don't bet do you?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-29-2016, 8:05 PM Reply   
Week 4 picks
Thursday @8 : 30 pm
MIA @ CIN - BENGALS AT HOME.
Sunday @ 9:30 pm
IND @ JAX -Colts on the road.
Sunday @ 1 : 00 pm
CAR @ ATL - FALCONS at home.
OAK @ BAL - RAVENS at home.
DET @ CHI - Lions on the road.
TEN @ HOU - Titans on the road.
BUF @ NE - Bills on the road.
SEA @ NYJ - JETS AT HOME.
CLE @ WAS - REDSKINS at home.
Sunday @ 4 : 05 pm
DEN @ TB - Broncos on the road.
LA @ ARI - CARDINALS at home.
NO @ SD - CHARGERS at home.
DAL @ SF - COWBOYS on the road.
KC @ PIT - CHIEFS on the road.
NYG @ MIN - VIKINGS at home.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-29-2016, 9:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
You don't bet do you?
You got beat up a lot in school, didn't you? Go troll elsewhere.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-30-2016, 9:39 AM Reply   
Sounds like he bets.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-30-2016, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
You got beat up a lot in school, didn't you? Go troll elsewhere.
I thought this was a smacktalking thread? Enjoy your season with the niners!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-30-2016, 10:12 AM Reply   
Ouch!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-30-2016, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
You don't bet do you?
Oh, yes. What would you like to bet?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-30-2016, 12:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh, yes. What would you like to bet?
I actually agreed with your picks, just easier to pick them apart after the fact. Plus you're a hawks fan, and I'm on their side after dismantling the niners for the past 4-5 years. So we would probably be riding the same picks.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-30-2016, 1:52 PM Reply   
^^My week 3 picks were well, weak at best.
Since Robert won't bet me anymore, I need a new victim. Any takers?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-30-2016, 2:20 PM Reply   
:It is a smack talking thread, or at least what's left of it. People are so easily offended by smack talk these days that they are unable to shoot the ish without getting offended. Most prefer to hide in the obscure world of fantasy football and glorify themselves through professional ball players accomplishments. The few still engaged in this fifteen year old WW tradition are the hardened fans that understand talking trash is a dying art form...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-30-2016, 5:46 PM Reply   
Week 4 picks...
IND @ JAX - Jags finally win one
CAR @ ATL - Cam & Panthers get back on track.
OAK @ BAL - Ravens win again.
DET @ CHI - Lions. The Bears are terrible even the Cowboys beat them.
TEN @ HOU - O'brien calling the offense, Watt out, Texans win.
BUF @ NE - Rex goes back on the hot seat. Pats win.
SEA @ NYJ - H. A. W. K. S. HAWKS! HAWKS! HAWKS!
CLE @ WAS - Washington wins.
DEN @ TB - Ponies win
LA @ ARI - Cards get back to their winning ways.
NO @ SD - Bolts
DAL @ SF - Can they both lose? 49ers win.
KC @ PIT - Steelers
NYG @ MIN - G-Men
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-30-2016, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
I actually agreed with your picks, just easier to pick them apart after the fact. Plus you're a hawks fan, and I'm on their side after dismantling the niners for the past 4-5 years. So we would probably be riding the same picks.
And here we have the typical bandwagon hawks fan. Does anyone need more proof?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-30-2016, 6:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
^^My week 3 picks were well, weak at best.
Since Robert won't bet me anymore, I need a new victim. Any takers?
I'll bet you your favorite player starts for the Cowboys this year and wins games.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-30-2016, 7:54 PM Reply   
I'm a Dak fan . I hope he keeps the job. but, he is going to have to learn some tact. A local news station interviewed him and asked if he thinks it will hurt if Dez is out against the niners.

He said.....ya know, I just go through the progressions and throw to the open man. Dez being out won't change a thing

I haven't heard any fallout yet....

Last edited by ord27; 09-30-2016 at 8:00 PM.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-30-2016, 10:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
And here we have the typical bandwagon hawks fan. Does anyone need more proof?
I don't think typical bandwagon Hawks "fans" have an affinity for them due to them destroying the niners over the last couple years. Definitely wouldn't call me a fan of the Hawks, just more so on the side of them lately due to the raiders being so bad until recently that I needed to cheer for your guys' villian
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-30-2016, 10:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Week 4 picks...
IND @ JAX - Jags finally win one
CAR @ ATL - Cam & Panthers get back on track.
OAK @ BAL - Ravens win again.
DET @ CHI - Lions. The Bears are terrible even the Cowboys beat them.
TEN @ HOU - O'brien calling the offense, Watt out, Texans win.
BUF @ NE - Rex goes back on the hot seat. Pats win.
SEA @ NYJ - H. A. W. K. S. HAWKS! HAWKS! HAWKS!
CLE @ WAS - Washington wins.
DEN @ TB - Ponies win
LA @ ARI - Cards get back to their winning ways.
NO @ SD - Bolts
DAL @ SF - Can they both lose? 49ers win.
KC @ PIT - Steelers
NYG @ MIN - G-Men
Like em. I was honestly thinking about shipping on NO money line though. 4 point underdogs? Even away from the dome I just can't help but think Brees ain't going 0-4, nor do I think the chargers offense is dynamic enough to keep this up with all the injuries.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-01-2016, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I'll bet you your favorite player starts for the Cowboys this year and wins games.
I might just take that bet Bobby. Let me know when Romo my favorite golfer returns and I'll consider it. Did Jerry put him in a bubble yet? Kind of risky having Romo on the sideline don't you think? The water boy might bump into him and take him out for the rest of the season.

Oh and just in case you missed it the UW Huskies destroyed Stanford last night. Football in Seattle is good right now.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-01-2016, 3:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
I might just take that bet Bobby. Let me know when Romo my favorite golfer returns and I'll consider it. Did Jerry put him in a bubble yet? Kind of risky having Romo on the sideline don't you think? The water boy might bump into him and take him out for the rest of the season.

Oh and just in case you missed it the UW Huskies destroyed Stanford last night. Football in Seattle is good right now.
Probably be about week 8 if Romo doesn't get tangled up with the Water Boy before then. I know it will be tough for you to wait that long. The anticipation will be building each week. Just be patient and it will be here before you know it.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-01-2016, 7:07 PM Reply   
We've decided against the Pitt. trip.
We are going to the TCU/Texas Tech game saturday, then the Eagles/Cowboys game Sunday. It will be a fun, long weekend for sure
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-02-2016, 1:17 PM Reply   
Hawks 3-1

Carolina 1-3

All is right in the NFL today.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-02-2016, 2:53 PM Reply   
The Raiders are 3-1 also to put things in perspective.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-02-2016, 4:33 PM Reply   
I think old GlassBones Romo better start shopping for his retirement home. It will be amusing watching the Jerry and Jason show try to find a way to justify pulling Prescott. Feeling good about the Hawks in the NFC west. The Rams/Cards game was a crapshow of two teams both trying to lose. The Niners suck, but they still have the BetaMax cassettes of their Super Bowl victories. (Google it youngsters).
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-02-2016, 4:48 PM Reply   
Dallas 3-1
Rams 3-1 should I go on? Do you get the point?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-02-2016, 4:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
I think old GlassBones Romo better start shopping for his retirement home. It will be amusing watching the Jerry and Jason show try to find a way to justify pulling Prescott. Feeling good about the Hawks in the NFC west. The Rams/Cards game was a crapshow of two teams both trying to lose. The Niners suck, but they still have the BetaMax cassettes of their Super Bowl victories. (Google it youngsters).
At least they have Beta Max tapes of actual victories. 5 to be exact. All the Seahawks have is 1 win and 2 strikeouts. You need to come back to reality smack.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-02-2016, 5:15 PM Reply   
Simmer down..... The Cowboys look good, once you realize your man crush Romo has been replaced you can settle in and root for a Cowboys team that is relevant for the first time in a while. You and Mark have spent so much time spooning each other while your teams suck out loud the last few years that you've developed a weird need to defend the Niners. Those teams were Rivals, remember? ��
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-02-2016, 6:32 PM Reply   
Up 14, lose by 7.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-02-2016, 9:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Up 14, lose by 7.
I think the injuries should be more reason for a head bang. Brutal for Buckner and Bowman.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2016, 7:42 AM Reply   
Dang, Broncos didn't let an injured QB or a freak lightning storm followed by torrential downpour even slow them down.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2016, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Dallas 3-1
Rams 3-1 should I go on? Do you get the point?
Are you ready to get off of the Romo bandwagon yet? Just let him fade away peacefully and watch your team rack up the W's with the new QB and take you to the playoff's this year. It's ok, Romo wasn't that great.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-03-2016, 8:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Are you ready to get off of the Romo bandwagon yet? Just let him fade away peacefully and watch your team rack up the W's with the new QB and take you to the playoff's this year. It's ok, Romo wasn't that great.
Unfortunately this is a team sport. Even the great Peyton Manning couldn't carry the Broncos to a Superbowl win without a great Defense and a running game.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-03-2016, 8:30 AM Reply   
Rams are the NFC West division leaders! This speaks to how far they've risen and how far the Cardinals and Seahawks have fallen. Other 3-1 teams are Houston 3-1, Eagles 3-0, Vikings 3-0.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2016, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Unfortunately this is a team sport. Even the great Peyton Manning couldn't carry the Broncos to a Superbowl win without a great Defense and a running game.
He didn't carry us to a Superbowl victory even when we won last year, the Defense did that!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-03-2016, 9:34 AM Reply   
Another great Seahawk weekend filled with perfect throws by the best QB in the NFL right now. I just love all the critics of RW saying he can't throw from the pocket, or now that he can't run he won't be as dangeruss. LOL!! So what does Russ do? Oh just about a perfect game in NY. Btw Jimmy Graham is pretty good.

As for the rest of the teams, nothing shocking other than the Cards and Panthers. Yikes! Sorry to see Bowman might be done. As much as I hate the Niners, he was a beast.

Robert, your Cowboys are looking good, it's just too bad that once my favorite golfer comes back they'll start losing again. How many Romo loses does it take before Jerry puts Dak in? I think two.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-03-2016, 9:39 AM Reply   
Also, looks like I can tie Bobby with the picks this week if the G-Men win. Hopefully OBJ doesn't try to fight a kicking net again
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-03-2016, 12:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
He didn't carry us to a Superbowl victory even when we won last year, the Defense did that!
What I was referencing was he couldn't carry you to a win against the Seahawks. Despite how badly his physical skills had diminished he couldn't hold back the Broncos as a team from beating the Panthers. Even the "Great Cam Newton" couldn't carry the offense of the Panthers. Now without Josh Norman the Panthers secondary is a little more porous. Just ask Julio Jones.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-03-2016, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Also, looks like I can tie Bobby with the picks this week if the G-Men win. Hopefully OBJ doesn't try to fight a kicking net again
It's been a roller coaster so far this year. I think by week 8 we will know the real contenders from the pretenders.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-03-2016, 8:33 PM Reply   
You have to give props to Sam Bradford, credit him with the win. Right Darren.? Vikings 4-0. Eagles have to get by Detroit to catch them.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-04-2016, 12:54 AM Reply   
Defense too. OBJ with career-low numbers and never allowed New York to pick up momentum
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-04-2016, 6:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
"If" is a big word. Did OBJ play? I didn't hear a word out of him.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-04-2016, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
"If" is a big word. Did OBJ play? I didn't hear a word out of him.
Looks like we tied this week after all. 7 wins each.
Got to give credit to the Vikes, I thought their season was done without Teddy and AP. Zimmer is coach of the year so far IMO. Although I'd be looking for a new kicker, Blair Walsh is still having nightmares from last year's playoffs.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-04-2016, 10:46 AM Reply   
Also I'm done with OBJ, dude is a drama queen who needs to get a grip. He's letting Xavier Rhodes shut him down?!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-04-2016, 11:38 AM Reply   
who is OBJ?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-04-2016, 11:39 AM Reply   
I'm less and less impressed with Eli. He seems to really fold under the pressure. Poor throws, poor decisions. I don't even think that his superbowl ring will land him in the HOF
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-04-2016, 11:46 AM Reply   
oh...beckham....
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-04-2016, 1:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
I'm less and less impressed with Eli. He seems to really fold under the pressure. Poor throws, poor decisions. I don't even think that his superbowl ring will land him in the HOF
Rings, he has two. And folds under pressure?!?! Did you see Eli beat the Pats in both SBs on the final drive? Yes you did. That's what Eli does, wins Superbowls against the Patriots and arguably against the greatest team we've seen recently the 19-1 Pats. Eli is a HOFer no question.
Just look at this list of QBs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...er_Bowl_starts

All of these guys are or will be HOFers. Except Craig Morton, he was terrible.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-04-2016, 2:02 PM Reply   
rings, okay.
HOF, maybe
but...
I was a fan at first. He doesn't play like the same player anymore.

I'm not complaining. Just an observation
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-04-2016, 2:14 PM Reply   
^^Agreed, I think right now he's a very average QB.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-04-2016, 2:21 PM Reply   
Interesting Wikipedia page.

Should Jim Plunkett be in the HOF? With the exception of him, 2 championships seems to be the ticket into the Hall.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-04-2016, 10:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
Interesting Wikipedia page.

Should Jim Plunkett be in the HOF? With the exception of him, 2 championships seems to be the ticket into the Hall.
Nah, Plunkett was a pretty pedestrian dude. His TD to INT ratio is a serious eye sore, never selected to a probowl and didn't really win much else outside the two superbowls. Eli's resume is far superior in every aspect.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-05-2016, 8:18 AM Reply   
I'll take the Cardinals on Thursday night. With or without Carson Palmer. Yes the 49ers are just that bad.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-05-2016, 8:33 AM Reply   
^^^Yep. They're pretty bad.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-05-2016, 11:14 AM Reply   
Yep. Cards on Thursday night.
How did the 49ers beat the Rams?!?!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-06-2016, 7:56 PM Reply   
Looks like the 49ers are doing all they can to make sure the Cardinals get a win. 3 turnovers so far.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-06-2016, 8:22 PM Reply   
9ers suuuuck...
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-07-2016, 8:54 AM Reply   
Chanting for Kap...

Wish Chip would have put him in just so the fans could so how bad he really is.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2016, 11:12 AM Reply   
The 49ers O line is much too porous. Gabbert was running for his life all night. It would have been a worse beating if not for the invisible pass interference call in the end zone at the end of the game. I guess the refs had to make Vegas happy?