Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-14-2017, 8:59 PM Reply   
Soooooo, how's that wall coming along? I read today Trump said it had to be transparent so bags of drugs don't fall on your head without warning. Excellent. Sounds a bit like the car home built in the Simpsons with rack and peanut steering.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-14-2017, 9:12 PM Reply   
You know, I thought a transparent wall was the dumbest thing Trump could come up with but honestly the unedited rambling from his interview on airforce one a few days ago is a goldmine of stupidity. Initially I thought it was a piss take but i think it is legit. I seriously think dementia is starting to take a grip

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/13/po...one/index.html
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-15-2017, 7:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Side note, could you even imagine the backlash if Trump ran and won as a Democratic. This chit makes me laugh out loud. It's all party, doesn't even matter.
A GOP house would've voted to raise articles of impeachment 4 or 5 times by now if Trump was a Democrat. They voted for Trump because "Hillary is a liar", yet Trump has publicly lied several times since inauguration and none of his backers will call him on it. I can get standing behind Trump, but to claim that any news proving Trump lied is "fake news" (a la Dennis and Delta) is mindblowing. Particularly, when they are making the claim to be morally superior to Democrats. Who knew that turning a blind eye or denying the truth equated to being moral?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-15-2017, 7:28 AM Reply   
It's been clear for months that the conservative so-called "value voters" have no legs to stand on after this election (and their continued support for this clown). When you've lost Chris Wallace...

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-15-2017, 8:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
As far as lying. I don't think I will rely on this crowd to tell me the truth vs his truth.
I don't think we were expecting you to rely on us to detect the fact that Trump is a rampant liar. But it does say something about how reality challenged a person is if they can't.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-15-2017, 9:47 AM Reply   
http://cloudcovernews.com/2017/07/15...y-in-military/
Keep this list handy so we know who to boot out when election time comes. Oh hell who am i kidding...boot them all out. Term limits. 3.7 billion dollars over the next 10 years.

Last edited by deneng; 07-15-2017 at 9:51 AM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-15-2017, 10:23 AM Reply   
Ralph: their is now talk of a Solar Wall. Love it . Make power while keeping illegals and drug runners out. If it works out talk about making Lemonade out of Lemons ! TRUMP!
Attached Images

Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-15-2017, 12:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Ralph: their is now talk of a Solar Wall. Love it . Make power while keeping illegals and drug runners out. If it works out talk about making Lemonade out of Lemons ! TRUMP!
This is amazing. A conservative wanting to spend over $40 billion on a wall while cutting taxes. I'm all for the solar wall as long as taxes go up. $40 billion, you conservatives don't even know what you believe in anymore. Trump could say he wanted to increase welfare and have gun control and you guys would just eat it right up.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-15-2017, 10:10 PM Reply   
Ha ha, exactly. If ohbummer said he wanted to spend $40b on a wall Trumpsters would have had a stroke.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-15-2017, 10:41 PM Reply   
Um to keep the illegal scum out of our country 40 b It's a bargain. Ask the victims of illegal invaders how much the cost of a wall or policy that would have kept them out of here is worth.
Ralph you live on a island. You have no clue. People from New Zeland flock to Australia for their social programs. So you are "Mexico" for all porpoise. Your opinion on the US immigration is slightly off because of your lack of common knowledge. Go to So Cal. Go, to the Texas Arizona border, then offer your "opinion" on border walls.

Respectfully Submitted

Last edited by grant_west; 07-15-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-15-2017, 11:02 PM Reply   
"You have no clue... Respectfully submitted."

(Also, "porpoise")

Can we build a wall to protect the English language from Grant?

Respectfully submitted, lol!

Last edited by pesos; 07-15-2017 at 11:08 PM. Reason: more respectfulness needed
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2017, 12:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
People from New Zeland flock to Australia for their social programs
Lol, did an Australian tell you that? Kiwis get no social services in Australia even if they are resident but anybody who is a resident in NZ gets social services, even tourists get free accident care. Ha ha Ausys are such Chavs.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2017, 12:25 AM Reply   
But yes i do concede i don't live with the boarder issues you do. Still don't know how you know $40b is worth it. How about $100b? Where is the break even point?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-16-2017, 6:42 AM Reply   
am I the only one who thinks of this when they see that solar wall pic?

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2017, 10:33 AM Reply   
Darren: sounds like NZ is a Social Paradise. Perhaps the US should ship all the illegals to your Island. Let's see how open you are to them when they start spreading "their Culture" around NZ. LOL at Wes another Island go'r who lives in the Welfare capital of the US. Why don't you Libs take in these people that the rest of us don't want to pay for. You can put your money where your mouth is and pay for them, house them feed them, instead of insisting we all live out your Libral wet dream, why don't you take on these people! O wait that's never gonna happen, just like the Liberal elite, all talk no action instead you would rather direct the rest of us to fulfill your agenda. Let us know how that works out for you. LOL
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-16-2017, 12:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Darren: sounds like NZ is a Social Paradise. Perhaps the US should ship all the illegals to your Island. Let's see how open you are to them when they start spreading "their Culture" around NZ. LOL at Wes another Island go'r who lives in the Welfare capital of the US. Why don't you Libs take in these people that the rest of us don't want to pay for. You can put your money where your mouth is and pay for them, house them feed them, instead of insisting we all live out your Libral wet dream, why don't you take on these people! O wait that's never gonna happen, just like the Liberal elite, all talk no action instead you would rather direct the rest of us to fulfill your agenda. Let us know how that works out for you. LOL
You're missing the point. I want tighter border control, I want deportations of criminals. But a wall isn't going to do that. A 40 billion dollar wall definitely won't do it. Put that money to a better use for the cause. It's Trumps way of stuffing his crotch and you're the one with your hand down his pants.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2017, 1:03 PM Reply   
Yip, NZ is pretty good, no complaints.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-16-2017, 5:26 PM Reply   
Here is a special message to all the liberals. It must be true. Collusion Collusion Collusion Collusion Trump Trump Trump Russia Russia Russia Trump Trump Trump Collusion Trump Collusion Russia.
https://www.facebook.com/RealtimeTru...9151637947046/
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2017, 11:14 PM Reply   
Darren: please answer this One and ONLY question. How many Illegals does NZ have comming in every Day, Month or Year? Dosent matter pick one your choice .Please just answer that one question.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2017, 12:12 AM Reply   
Current estimate is 0.3%. We get a bit from the islands (fiji, tonga, Samoa) and a tiny amount of boat people from Indonesia. Fyi current estimate of us is 3% ie 10x more.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-17-2017, 6:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Darren: please answer this One and ONLY question. How many Illegals does NZ have comming in every Day, Month or Year? Dosent matter pick one your choice .Please just answer that one question.
"G": Please answer this ONE and ONLY question. Do you know how many illegals are leaving the states as opposed to coming in?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2017, 10:34 AM Reply   
^^ Can't answer that cause I don't know but my immediate answer is NOT ENOUGH. I think the issue of illegal immigration is very regional. Example people in So-Cal have far more run in's and or interactions with illegals then a guy from let's say Nebraska. So if you are from one of these states that's not been effective I can see your point, your like what's the big deal. But if your from a state where the Local Home Depot parking lot has 100 lllegals swarming then it's a bigger deal to you.

And it's not just People in a parking Lott that effect other legal American citizens . Example where I live I'm real close to some apartments that are pretty ghetto. Like 1/4 mile away. The illegals Shack up in these apartments 7-8 deep in 2 bedroom and each one of them has a car. They overrun the hood with cars. At times my street is pack with cars that are from 1/4 mile away. Yes I have followd these people from when they parked in front of my house to where they live to see where they are going. Go to the gas station early Monday morning 20 Mexican gardners filling their truck and Red gas cans. Taking up every single pump. I know I'm being selfish. But I can't help but think if these people were GONE how much better my life would be.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-17-2017, 2:23 PM Reply   
According to Pew Research more are leaving.
http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/1...ng-to-the-u-s/
5 Facts...
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...on-in-the-u-s/

Im also ALL for deporting criminals and better border security. If a family has been here 10 years or more, work, pay taxes, no criminal record, acclimate...then I am in favor of getting these fine folks legal. There has to be a path or the system is set up to fail.

No russian collusion, So Trump has hired 5 lawyers to defend him. He needs better consult, not more.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/meet-5-ke...173035752.html
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2017, 2:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
I know I'm being selfish. But I can't help but think if these people were GONE how much better my life would be.
A couple of points:
1. You can make your life better right now by just changing your attitude. Being so focused on these people that you are willing to follow then around and run storylines about what no good they are up to will just make you unhappy.
2. I don't deny that illegal immigrating is a problem but $40b on a wall that a $10 rope and ladder can scale isn't the solution. It is a expensive symbol, that's it, Trump is taking your money and spending it on an edifice to himself. Illegals crossings went down 40% just through Trump being trump, no wall required! There are much smarter ways to control this issue, that's my only point about it.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-17-2017, 5:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
^^ Can't answer that cause I don't know but my immediate answer is NOT ENOUGH. I think the issue of illegal immigration is very regional. Example people in So-Cal have far more run in's and or interactions with illegals then a guy from let's say Nebraska. So if you are from one of these states that's not been effective I can see your point, your like what's the big deal. But if your from a state where the Local Home Depot parking lot has 100 lllegals swarming then it's a bigger deal to you.

And it's not just People in a parking Lott that effect other legal American citizens . Example where I live I'm real close to some apartments that are pretty ghetto. Like 1/4 mile away. The illegals Shack up in these apartments 7-8 deep in 2 bedroom and each one of them has a car. They overrun the hood with cars. At times my street is pack with cars that are from 1/4 mile away. Yes I have followd these people from when they parked in front of my house to where they live to see where they are going. Go to the gas station early Monday morning 20 Mexican gardners filling their truck and Red gas cans. Taking up every single pump. I know I'm being selfish. But I can't help but think if these people were GONE how much better my life would be.
Man, you really have some first world problems, I honestly don't know how you get through your day with the pumps at the gas station being taken up, I agree, it has gone too far.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-17-2017, 7:01 PM Reply   
The trash that is Trumpcare just imploded in the senate (good thing as the bill did nothing to actually address the issues with the ACA).

Who knew healthcare was so complicated?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/u...?smid=fb-share
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-18-2017, 4:47 AM Reply   
Quote:

I am amazed that you haven't figured out that filling up on Sunday night could prevent you from getting so upset on Monday morning.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-18-2017, 4:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
The trash that is Trumpcare just imploded in the senate (good thing as the bill did nothing to actually address the issues with the ACA).

Who knew healthcare was so complicated?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/u...?smid=fb-share
If I were a conservative/republican, I'd be furious at the ineptness of these lawmakers. 6 or 7 "ceremonial" votes to repeal ACA when they knew it would get vetoed during Obama's presidency. Now they have the WH, and really no excuse, nothing. Not only that, they have had 7 years to come up will a viable replacement, still nothing. If Obamacare was as bad as FoxNews and conservative pundits proclaim, it seems this issue would already be resolved.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2017, 6:43 AM Reply   
Running story lines LOL that's a good one. It's called reality. Not a story line. i have owned our home for almost 25 years now. I have become accustomed to parking in front of my own home and frankly I dont think it's to much to ask. These people parking their total piece of crap junker cars in front of my house to the point where you can't park in front of your own home. You think it's not frustrating. Again your either bull $hitting or have no clue. And your right the Gas station stuff is totally avoidable. It's easy for you to say turn the other cheek when it's not your hood or not your county or you personally that's being effected. That's the problem with Libs they are always willing to give up some ones else's right or place in line but they are not willing to give up theirs. How Libral of you
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-18-2017, 7:21 AM Reply   
I don't see eye to eye with Grant on just about everything in this thread, but I too would be furious if people were parking their sh*tboxes in front of my house on the reg.

That said, have you noticed the common theme in this thread is that most of the people most upset are those living in CA? I lived in CA for a few years recently for a work thing. I didn't feel the pain of all of the taxes and real estate as the company was picking all that up. We had an absolute blast and loved it as a temp resident. When it was time to move home or become a permanent resident paying all of the taxes and everything else that comes with living in CA, we couldn't hire movers fast enough. I honestly don't know why and how people do it. CA is an absolute mess. I can understand a lot of their frustrations having lived in it for a little while, but for me, rather than being upset all of the time and hating everyone around me, I'd just move. I do get it that most would rather stay and fight for what's theirs, but that's not me, I'm too lazy and life is too short.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2017, 8:09 AM Reply   
Just to be clear. Not upset just voicing my frustrations with ghetto-ness. I live a great life here in CA. Moving away is like moving out of your house because a few spiders decided to set up camp in your house.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-18-2017, 9:02 AM Reply   
By reading your posts, you make it out to be that you live in a refugee (or roach) infested war zone. Then you say it's a great life when I point out that I've witnessed a lot of what you speak and agree that it's a clown fiesta. Which is it?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2017, 9:23 AM Reply   
Stanfield: it's both. Example you don't go camping and then complain about Raccoons rooting threw your camp at night. It's part of the Camping Experience. You can't live in CA and not have to deal with the Libral Loons, Homeless, illegals and so on. I don't let these people ruin my life, or get me upset, but I also don't let the Animals run the Zoo.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-18-2017, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
I can understand a lot of their frustrations having lived in it for a little while, but for me, rather than being upset all of the time and hating everyone around me, I'd just move. I do get it that most would rather stay and fight for what's theirs, but that's not me, I'm too lazy and life is too short.
AZ, NV, OR, WA, ID, UT, and TX can all testify about the influx of California ex-pats.

Just over the hill in Reno, accommodating relocating Californians and helping them sever ties from CA (the CA Franchise Tax Board's reach is LONG) is a cottage industry.

Haha the big complaint here (and surely in those other states too) is how Californians leave California and then want to "turn it into Palo Alto." the FB comments to a story from our local rag about getting strip clubs out of our urban core were chock full of these kinds of comments. Turns out California's neighbors hate departing Californians about as much as G hates his own neighbors.

Last edited by shawndoggy; 07-18-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-18-2017, 10:29 AM Reply   
I have kind of learned to live with and laugh at it in California. My Mexican neighbors have at least 8 cars and 2 building structures in their backyard. There is always people moving in and out . I usually know when someone moves because their is a big pile of trash and furniture piled up in front when it happens. I work night shift on the weekends every other weekend. It is hard to sleep in the evening with Mariachi bands playing. It's difficult to equalize the rhythm between the trumpet and the guitar player. Sometimes it seems as if they are in competition with each other. I might enjoy it though if their was less than 2 bands at time playing in my hood. The only thing that really burns me is when adults ride their bicycles the wrong way on the sidewalks and pretend they don't see you walking in front of them
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-18-2017, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Running story lines LOL that's a good one. It's called reality. Not a story line. i have owned our home for almost 25 years now. I have become accustomed to parking in front of my own home and frankly I dont think it's to much to ask. These people parking their total piece of crap junker cars in front of my house to the point where you can't park in front of your own home. You think it's not frustrating. Again your either bull $hitting or have no clue. And your right the Gas station stuff is totally avoidable. It's easy for you to say turn the other cheek when it's not your hood or not your county or you personally that's being effected. That's the problem with Libs they are always willing to give up some ones else's right or place in line but they are not willing to give up theirs. How Libral of you
Dude, I live in TN. There are plenty of people (non-hispanic) that park their "junkers" in front of other people's homes. It's laughable that you think that behavior is only indigenous to Mexicans. It's a problem that knows no borders.
Old    deltahoosier            07-18-2017, 12:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Ha ha, exactly. If ohbummer said he wanted to spend $40b on a wall Trumpsters would have had a stroke.
You realize Mexican nationals send over 25 billion a year to mexico? Stop a good portion of that and it pays for itself. Cut off a certain amount of aid to other countries and it pays for itself. Get rid of illegals and the state of california saves over 15 billion a year (2003 data) in welfare, education and prisons.

If you generate electricity, it pays for itself at some point.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-18-2017, 12:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
You realize Mexican nationals send over 25 billion a year to mexico? Stop a good portion of that and it pays for itself.
How do you figure? It's not like mexican nationals are sending $25B of the federal government's revenue to mexico. They are sending their own money. Is your proposal that we start confiscating private property?
Old    deltahoosier            07-18-2017, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
A GOP house would've voted to raise articles of impeachment 4 or 5 times by now if Trump was a Democrat. They voted for Trump because "Hillary is a liar", yet Trump has publicly lied several times since inauguration and none of his backers will call him on it. I can get standing behind Trump, but to claim that any news proving Trump lied is "fake news" (a la Dennis and Delta) is mindblowing. Particularly, when they are making the claim to be morally superior to Democrats. Who knew that turning a blind eye or denying the truth equated to being moral?
That is an opinion, not a fact. We voted for Trump because we do not want our country to move more socialist and to be governed by the open boarder crowd. Trump lied, yada, yada. He only lied in the sound bites that you were fed. However you gave plenty of passes when Hillary and Obama said our boys were murdered over a video and even had a private citizen trotted off to jail in front of the news cameras for their lying dog and pony show. I don't seem to remember Trump having someone carted off to prison for a lie? Don't remember Trump selling guns to mexican drug cartels and then start with a gun control talking point with hillary and boxer. I guess those real lies are OK but the ones that the media said Trump said are fully truthful?

At the end of the day, right now as we sit here. The democrat party and it's followers out rioting and voting to give up American sovreignty are the biggest danger to America.
Old    deltahoosier            07-18-2017, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
How do you figure? It's not like mexican nationals are sending $25B of the federal government's revenue to mexico. They are sending their own money. Is your proposal that we start confiscating private property?
It is ill gotten money in the case of illegals. It is money that is not circulating in our local economies. They do it to drug lords. They take their money. It is a form of money laundering. They did not pay taxes on it.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-18-2017, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
It is ill gotten money in the case of illegals. It is money that is not circulating in our local economies. They do it to drug lords. They take their money. It is a form of money laundering. They did not pay taxes on it.
You don't know that they didn't pay taxes on it. If they used fake credentials, they most likely did pay taxes on it. If they were paid under the table, go after the employers instead of the laborers.

It's a huge stretch for me to equate the labor of an illegal immigrant (working being a legal enterprise) to money generated in the course of criminal activity.

But all of that aside, how do you propose confiscating the money?

My bet is if that cash doesn't go back to Mexico, deneng is going to have four mariachi bands to contend with instead of two, and grant is going to have more cars to contend with in his neighborhood (i.e. the money will get spent).
Old    deltahoosier            07-18-2017, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
No Rod you dont when the invitation states that it is from an atty representing a foreign government with info from the russian government in its support for candidate trump. Its against the law. If trump jr was too much of a rookie to know that, Kushner should or Manafort. Dont parrot trump by saying anyone would have taken that meeting, its not true. They knew it was wrong and that is why they covered it up. Its been said all the way back to Nixon, the cover up is worse than the crime. The current WH is not paying attn to history.
It is not illegal. Making up laws in your mind does not make it true. You familiar with Alan Dershowitz? Long time democrat power attorney? He says it is not illegal and he is getting quiet angry with the left saying it was illegal and treasonous. Also, he did not try and hide a meeting. it was a set up and I laid it out for you earlier. If anything, the democrats are starting to look like the Russian colllusion people. On top of that, it was illegal, the Democrats would have been in prison a long time ago based on the previous articles I provided for you and your version of the law.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...t-depends.html

"Obviously if anyone conspired in advance with another to commit a crime – such as hacking the DNC – that would be criminal. But merely seeking to obtain the work product of a prior hack would be no more criminal than a newspaper publishing the work product of thefts such as the Pentagon Papers and the material stolen by Snowden and Manning. Moreover, the emails sent to Trump Jr. say that the dirt peddled by Veselnitskaya came from “official documents.” No mention is made of hacking or other illegal activities. So it is unlikely that attendance at the meeting violated any criminal statute."

Quote:
Actually most of his lies are not sound bites or the like. They are his actual tweets, they cant be taken out of context. He lied about the # of people at his inauguration. Please, how was that taken out of context. He lied about obama tapping his phones. He lied about obama s birth cert. He lied about the 3-5 million illegal aliens voting. He lied about the republicans health care bill, better coverage for less$. He lied about releasing his tax returns. He lies about his wealth. He lied about the Comey firing, He lied about the Russian Hoax/Witchhunt. List is pretty long, I almost wrote "endless" but that would be a lie
I realize im not gonna change your mind so we will just have to let the Special investigator continue his investigation. I will gaurentee you this, by the time the House and senate investigations are complete and also the Mueller special investigation this little faux pas will be minuscule compared to all the other things the investigations disclose. I hope when these results come out you will understand.
Trump cant stop lying. I have a friend that has this same personality trait. Ive known her for probably 30 years. She is really attractive in fact most guys think she is smokin hot. She is in sales, very successful and makes a load of $$. This year she is driving a Maserati, before that it was BMW's several years ago she had big Mercedes. Lives in a great house decorated to the 9's. She is into all the shoes, bags and clothes. Almost everything out of her mouth is exaggerated. If she had 10 sales she says she had 20. If 3 deals fell apart, she says it was 6. We keep a list of production, its posted for all to see. We know exactly what everyone is doing, we all know she is lying....but she keeps doing it. She cant help herself. I really dont know why she is so successful or why people choose to work with her, its painfully obvious that you are lying when you lie about everything...including stuff the people you are lying to know the actual truth. Go figure. I can only conclude that some people dont mind being lied to or they feel they dont deserve the truth. Whatever, trump is exactly like this, he lies even though many of his lies are easy to prove false. It doesnt seem to stop them, they cant stop, they are sick. They need help.
You are wrong on so many issues and are a victim of your own lack of follow up in a sound byte world.

Actually, Obama did tap his phones:

Trump was right after all about the Obama administration wiretaps

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...ma-wiretapping

interesting. Thousands of people just dropped off the Colorado voter rolls after Trump requested information.

I say that millions of illegals are voting as California has spent millions trying to make sure illegals are not counted, motor voter registration and giving illegals licenses. Even if they are not directly voting, their children are within one generation.

Hillary's people lied about Obama's birth certificate. I knocked that down earlier too.

His tax return was released and it was a huge black eye for MSNBC who did a live expose on it and it turned out he paid higher percent than Bernie Sanders if I recall.

Look, you are emotionally vested for some reason, but you are painfully behind and are living an agenda based life. Right now, you have filled just your response with half truths and some outright lies. How am I supposed to trust you?
Old    deltahoosier            07-18-2017, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
You don't know that they didn't pay taxes on it. If they used fake credentials, they most likely did pay taxes on it. If they were paid under the table, go after the employers instead of the laborers.

It's a huge stretch for me to equate the labor of an illegal immigrant (working being a legal enterprise) to money generated in the course of criminal activity.

But all of that aside, how do you propose confiscating the money?

My bet is if that cash doesn't go back to Mexico, deneng is going to have four mariachi bands to contend with instead of two, and grant is going to have more cars to contend with in his neighborhood (i.e. the money will get spent).
It is zero stretch. Being a person who is illegal already is the very basics of illegally obtaining money. They work for cash since it is illegal to work without proper documentation. Or they have false documentation and are working a "legal" job. Either way that is definition of illegally obtaining income. They get paid significant amount of money in cash. They will not work for under $20 an hour either in the bay area.

The money leaving our local economy is a huge issue. economies are based on moving money into one sector to another. You don't bring money into your sector, your area dies and can die quickly.

As far as stopping it? Build the wall. If it is harder to make it into the country, then it will become more costly to pay the smugglers. The price may not be worth it to some. Tax the heck our of money transfers to the biggest transfer countries. For instance, money from the US is the 3rd or 4th largest import for money just behind oil revenue. Let that sink in.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-18-2017, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Even if they are not directly voting, their children are within one generation.
You mean citizens?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-18-2017, 1:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
It is zero stretch. Being a person who is illegal already is the very basics of illegally obtaining money. They work for cash since it is illegal to work without proper documentation. Or they have false documentation and are working a "legal" job. Either way that is definition of illegally obtaining income. They get paid significant amount of money in cash. They will not work for under $20 an hour either in the bay area.

The money leaving our local economy is a huge issue. economies are based on moving money into one sector to another. You don't bring money into your sector, your area dies and can die quickly.

As far as stopping it? Build the wall. If it is harder to make it into the country, then it will become more costly to pay the smugglers. The price may not be worth it to some. Tax the heck our of money transfers to the biggest transfer countries. For instance, money from the US is the 3rd or 4th largest import for money just behind oil revenue. Let that sink in.
So you build the wall and then what, people will leave their money at the US post office or something? Tell us how under your plan the federal government GETS the money?

Recall as well that if policy were taken to its logical conclusion, there's no there there. You deport all the illegals, then there's no money being earned by them and thus no money being exported, and therefore no money for wall building. You can't in one breath decry their labor and in the next try to reap the fruits of it.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-18-2017, 1:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Man, when I think of ****ty Californians parking there ****ty cars and being sketchy in general, I think of methed out white guys. At least those are the main issues I have had with people you're describing. DEPORT EM.
Old    deltahoosier            07-18-2017, 2:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
So you build the wall and then what, people will leave their money at the US post office or something? Tell us how under your plan the federal government GETS the money?

Recall as well that if policy were taken to its logical conclusion, there's no there there. You deport all the illegals, then there's no money being earned by them and thus no money being exported, and therefore no money for wall building. You can't in one breath decry their labor and in the next try to reap the fruits of it.
false analogy. There have been illegals and always will be to a certain degree. Majority of the money is sent Western Union. Even if we take your illogical conclusion, you save will over 15 billion a year in California alone in social benefits and prison population.

In case you have not noticed, there already is significant amount of wall along the boarder. Plenty of it in So Cal and Arizona when I drove by it last week.

Regardless, they are still illegal. The people of california even voted to not allow illegals to have access to the social benefits and the activist court struck it down. Another reason when people in fly over country dislikes the democrat party. They see what is happening in California and they don't like it.
Old    deltahoosier            07-18-2017, 2:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Man, when I think of ****ty Californians parking there ****ty cars and being sketchy in general, I think of methed out white guys. At least those are the main issues I have had with people you're describing. DEPORT EM.
To a certain degree, I would love to trade out those meth heads for some hard working Mexicans. At least they get it and would contribute.
Old    deltahoosier            07-18-2017, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
You mean citizens?
You mean, the should not be citizens type of citizens? Now you may finally be on track to admitting why democrats are so interested in letting illegals in the country and why fly over America is pissed and does not care what Trump has to say as long as he stops this from happening.

In the history of the world there has not been such a demographic change in a country as we have had the last couple of decades unless there has been a major war.

Let me ask this. How does it feel to be the party who has foreign nationals and children as the main voices?

Last edited by deltahoosier; 07-18-2017 at 3:00 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-18-2017, 3:04 PM Reply   
Delta -- assume all you are saying is correct.

How does the money the illegal aliens are repatriating get into the hands of the feds? HOW DOES THAT MONEY BUILD A WALL?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-18-2017, 3:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
You mean, the should not be citizens type of citizens?
last time I checked I had absolutely no control over where I was born. By chance I was born in the U S of A, and that got me citizenship.

Fault the parents all you want, but people who are born here are citizens.

Quote:
How does it feel to be the party who has foreign nationals and children as the main voices?
Who are you referring to? Tom Perez?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-18-2017, 3:29 PM Reply   
Trust me.
Quote:
Actually, Obama did tap his phones:
I believe the intelligence community were "tapping" foreigners (Russians)phones... Trumps boy flynn just happened to be on the other end of the call. LOL
Please supply his released "Tax Return", I'll just wait. Trump has not released his tax returns. He only provided a financial disclosure form. Or did you mean this tax return? https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...b45_story.html oops.
Hillary, why dont you put her out to pasture. Im never going to defend her. Not a fan, never voted for her. Dislike her about as much as thedonald. Seriously prosecute her for something but quit bringing her up. The most that i recall her support here is that she was the better of two evils.
I'll take a wait and see approach to if it was illegal or not for Trump jr, Kushner and Manafort to meet with Russians. I have plenty of time as does Mueller. Kushner probably has more to worry about than donnie. He has changed his Security Clearance paperwork 3 times to include russian meetings.
Quote:
Federal election law prohibits anyone from soliciting any contribution to a campaign from a foreign individual or entity – not just monetary donations, but "anything of value."
"Solicitation" can include conversations that are spoken or written, that are direct or indirect, and which contain "a clear message asking, requesting or recommending that another person make a contribution, donation, transfer of funds, or otherwise provide anything of value."
Read the emails, read the law, it is problematic.
Are you saying that since the documents donnie tried to obtain were not stolen/hacked its ok? Morally bankrupt at the least. I dont want the morally bankrupt running the country, do you?
He may not be prosecuted but he kinda blew the lid off the No Russion Collusion BS, right Rod?

I dont see how building a wall will slow remittances. I agree, it is a big problem.
Old    deltahoosier            07-18-2017, 3:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Delta -- assume all you are saying is correct.

How does the money the illegal aliens are repatriating get into the hands of the feds? HOW DOES THAT MONEY BUILD A WALL?
Just like anything. It takes time. Repatriated money. Not supporting illegals in the system and so on. It may or may not pay off completely. Make it a power generator and you get more back. Tell Mexico they don't get any financial support from us each year (assuming they get some). Cut back support from other countries as we are taking care of Mexico's issue.

At the end of the day, I don't expect the feds to recoup all of the money. The feds spend on projects they will never see the direct cash contribution from. Military and so on. I put it will protecting the country. For every good person who crosses, there are many who join MS13 and so on.
Old    deltahoosier            07-18-2017, 3:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Trust me.
I believe the intelligence community were "tapping" foreigners (Russians)phones... Trumps boy flynn just happened to be on the other end of the call. LOL
Please supply his released "Tax Return", I'll just wait. Trump has not released his tax returns. He only provided a financial disclosure form. Or did you mean this tax return? https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...b45_story.html oops.
Hillary, why dont you put her out to pasture. Im never going to defend her. Not a fan, never voted for her. Dislike her about as much as thedonald. Seriously prosecute her for something but quit bringing her up. The most that i recall her support here is that she was the better of two evils.
I'll take a wait and see approach to if it was illegal or not for Trump jr, Kushner and Manafort to meet with Russians. I have plenty of time as does Mueller. Kushner probably has more to worry about than donnie. He has changed his Security Clearance paperwork 3 times to include russian meetings.

Are you saying that since the documents donnie tried to obtain were not stolen/hacked its ok? Morally bankrupt at the least. I dont want the morally bankrupt running the country, do you?
He may not be prosecuted but he kinda blew the lid off the No Russion Collusion BS, right Rod?

I dont see how building a wall will slow remittances. I agree, it is a big problem.
The fact that anyone would find Hillary the better of two evils is troubling no matter what. I use her and her ilk as an honesty test. If you were not on here complaining about her and obama lying their a$$ off and actually destroying Americans rights and lives with their lies, then I don't want to hear what you have to say about Trump. What every you want to say about his telling the big story, it will never ever compare to how they were trying to sell our country and use false narratives to actually help eliminate our individual rights. That is why I bring it up. Honesty.

As of right now. There is nothing but a fabrication by democrats in regards to Trump. They are casting a net and preset meetings like the one Trump Jr to stratigize a political position. The democrats are losing control and they are losing it big and quickly. They were almost down and out in the Bush era until they were able to convince the American public that they were anti war by electing the most radical leftists to the DNC leadership. They got away with that lie for a while (never stopped funding and even continued the wars to this day). Now they are really sunk. Their violence is creeping in. Their anti American views are on full display. They can not control the little socialist they breed. I don't see a war laying around for them to be against, so the Russian angle was a pre set position. I am pretty sure you will find that out soon enough.

I don't care about Trumps tax returns just like I don't care about anyone elses tax return. Why is that my business and to be honest it would be stupid for him to release them. There would be nothing good to come from it but more leftist lies.

Now as far as tax returns go. He paid taxes. You believe everything you read? Corporate taxes were converted to payroll taxes and a smaller chunk was converted to income taxes. A nice little leftist lie again. He is in his right to write off losses. That is what all the tax loving democrats voted for and those are the rules. So what is your problem with them?

So at this time you are waiting to see if the meeting was illegal or not, yet you are on here with your fake outrage as it it were? We have a well tenured long time liberal democrat from Harvard Law saying they were not illegal and is frankly tired of the language other liberals are using to describe any of this. Gee I wonder where this is going?

If you were interested in honesty like you said, why were those other democrats not in jail for colluding with the Soviets during our actual cold war and why are you not on here complaning that the democrats hired a firm of foreign nationals to dig up dirt on Trump and then obama let one of their lawyers in the country despite her visa application being turned down. Then they let her sit in high profile meetings with high level obama staff to boot. Why are you not questioning that stuff? I think you protest too much and say too many words that don't fit your faux outrage.
Old    deltahoosier            07-18-2017, 4:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Trust me.

Also, it is a big problem if anyone's security paperwork is making it to the public sphere. That is illegal. Why are you not worried about that? That is a huge deal. Obama has left a ton of little minions in office. They need to be hunted down and driven out if not arrested.

How would Donnie Jr know what or how the documents were or from? Why did the press get informed of this meeting before it even happening? Doesn't that trouble you that you have foreign agents trying to set up a soon to be president and his family?

Morally bankrupt? They are politicians. They are all morally bankrupt for the most part and if you deal in money, you are more likely than not morally bankrupt. So what. Not everyone can be Jesus.

Blow the lid off collusion? Do you even know what that word is? Your arguments would be more meaningful if they were fair and if they were actually about the words you are arguing against.

Search Results
col·lu·sion
kəˈlo͞oZHən/
noun
noun: collusion

secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-18-2017, 5:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
You mean, the should not be citizens type of citizens? Now you may finally be on track to admitting why democrats are so interested in letting illegals in the country and why fly over America is pissed and does not care what Trump has to say as long as he stops this from happening.

In the history of the world there has not been such a demographic change in a country as we have had the last couple of decades unless there has been a major war.

Let me ask this. How does it feel to be the party who has foreign nationals and children as the main voices?
Man, first your anti-capitalism, now you're anti-constitution, and you're pro-Russia?! What ****ing world are we living in right now.

It is an incredibly slippery slope if you want to start calling children of immigrants non-citizens or "shouldn't be citizens". How far back does your tree go?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-19-2017, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Just like anything. It takes time. Repatriated money. Not supporting illegals in the system and so on. It may or may not pay off completely. Make it a power generator and you get more back. Tell Mexico they don't get any financial support from us each year (assuming they get some). Cut back support from other countries as we are taking care of Mexico's issue.
What? No I'm not talking about OTHER ways to raise money for the wall. I'm talking what you said: "You realize Mexican nationals send over 25 billion a year to mexico? Stop a good portion of that and it pays for itself."

Pedro now sends $100 back home every month. Next month he doesn't. How does Pedro's money pay for the wall?
Old    deltahoosier            07-19-2017, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
If I were a conservative/republican, I'd be furious at the ineptness of these lawmakers. 6 or 7 "ceremonial" votes to repeal ACA when they knew it would get vetoed during Obama's presidency. Now they have the WH, and really no excuse, nothing. Not only that, they have had 7 years to come up will a viable replacement, still nothing. If Obamacare was as bad as FoxNews and conservative pundits proclaim, it seems this issue would already be resolved.
I told you from the beginning it was a corporate give away. It is hard to put that genie back in the bottle. Besides, I think they are moving from repeal and replace to simple repeal.
Old    deltahoosier            07-19-2017, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Man, first your anti-capitalism, now you're anti-constitution, and you're pro-Russia?! What ****ing world are we living in right now.

It is an incredibly slippery slope if you want to start calling children of immigrants non-citizens or "shouldn't be citizens". How far back does your tree go?
Not even sure what you are talking about as far as anit-capitalism and anti-constitution. You are not familiar with my posts are you? Pro-Russia? I am pro-facts and anti globalist thus I am anti-democrat party. I have laid out quiet well the democrats working with the soviets to undermine our elections. Not talking about run of the mill democrats, I am talking Kennedy. You did not seem to have a response to that.

As far as the children not supposed to be citizens. Bit of a slippery slope however automatic citizenship was given to allow slaves to not be excluded from citizenship. Now with that said, it is not that if you are born here that you are a citizen. However, the democrats are colluding with the Mexican government to fundamentally change American politics to be favorable to the Mexican government.

Does 3 things:

1) Allows Mexico to get rid of their poor problem
2) Allows democrats to stay in power and push for a socialist agenda
2) Allows Mexico to tap into the US economy.

All of those things are bad, bad, bad for the middle class and great for people who want to use the near slave labor for massive profit.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2017, 10:21 AM Reply   
So we finally found out that Trump thought "fail" was spelled g-r-e-a-t.
Old    deltahoosier            07-19-2017, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
What? No I'm not talking about OTHER ways to raise money for the wall. I'm talking what you said: "You realize Mexican nationals send over 25 billion a year to mexico? Stop a good portion of that and it pays for itself."

Pedro now sends $100 back home every month. Next month he doesn't. How does Pedro's money pay for the wall?
No, I listed a number of ways that a wall can be paid for. YOU want to try and argue one point of a multi point argument.

Now to go down this one line of reasoning among others, that BILLION"S of dollars not $100 dollars stays in our local economies. You are a smart guy. You tell me how moneys retention rate in the local economies helps those economies?

If Pedro in not here to send the money away, it is already a savings. Pedro's kids are not in the school system where california had manditory class room sizes. Pedro is not here to have children who then vote for extra pay from the middle class through handouts. The voting trend in California due to this has allowed the democrats to have a super majority in the state. They are now ramming taxes down our throat without the public having any say in it. The list keeps going with ways that it pays for itself.

At the end of the day due to democrats collusion on illegal immigration, California will never vote Republican again. Not in the next 100 years more than likely. While I am extremely disappointed in the national democrat party, it am smart enough to realize it takes two wings to fly so it is good to have opposition views. California has eliminated that opposition. You have socialists running one of the worlds largest economies.

Last edited by deltahoosier; 07-19-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       07-19-2017, 10:38 AM Reply   
Seriously is this all you wakesurfers do? Do you guys post this crap while wakesurfing?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-19-2017, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
No, I listed a number of ways that a wall can be paid for. YOU want to try and argue one point of a multi point argument.

Now to go down this one line of reasoning among others, that BILLION"S of dollars not $100 dollars stays in our local economies. You are a smart guy. You tell me how moneys retention rate in the local economies helps those economies?
Yes, I do want to argue one of your points because it's dumb. And it sounds like you are begrudingly conceding it with pivots and smoke. You have at least failed to directly defend or explain it.

We are finally in agreement then, that whether or not Pedro sends money home, that his money will not pay for the wall. Which is fine. I'm wrong about stuff sometimes too.

While I disagree with your insinuation that our hypothetical Pedro is a net drain on the economy (someone presumably profited from his labor, someone made a profit by selling him him goods, the state collected sales tax on that sale of goods, someone made a profit by renting him a place to live, the state/local gov't collected taxes on that property, etc.), Pedro's remittance money, or the money he would've sent home but now can't, will not land in federal coffers to build a wall.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-19-2017, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog78 View Post
Seriously is this all you wakesurfers do? Do you guys post this crap while wakesurfing?
I'm actually tubing.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-19-2017, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
I told you from the beginning it was a corporate give away. It is hard to put that genie back in the bottle. Besides, I think they are moving from repeal and replace to simple repeal.
Not going to pass either. You gain ultra-conservatives, but lose the moderates.
Old    deltahoosier            07-19-2017, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, I do want to argue one of your points because it's dumb. And it sounds like you are begrudingly conceding it with pivots and smoke. You have at least failed to directly defend or explain it.

We are finally in agreement then, that whether or not Pedro sends money home, that his money will not pay for the wall. Which is fine. I'm wrong about stuff sometimes too.

While I disagree with your insinuation that our hypothetical Pedro is a net drain on the economy (someone presumably profited from his labor, someone made a profit by selling him him goods, the state collected sales tax on that sale of goods, someone made a profit by renting him a place to live, the state/local gov't collected taxes on that property, etc.), Pedro's remittance money, or the money he would've sent home but now can't, will not land in federal coffers to build a wall.

Apparently you are ignoring dwell time of money in a local economy for the first part of your argument then went on to try and explain dwell time of money in a local economy. Everything you said is the same except there is over $25 billion a year not changing hands in the local economy.

The houses would be rented regardless of the illegals and there is more to a dwelling anyway so that is a non argument. The state/ local government would get the taxes no matter what because someone owns the house and always will unless it is turned over to the state.

Someone profitting from his labor would still profit from someone elses labor only they would actually have to pay the going rate. Projects need to get done so the money will be spent regardless. Considering the savings rate in the country, only the real rich are saving anyway and they usually do it in the stock market which is an international institution. If a rich person really needs to get a project done, they can pay the middle class rate and get more of the money into the local economy. If a middle class person does it, statistically they will spend the money else where anyway.

You fail to address the amount of money the is spent on education, medical, and in large numbers prison for violent offenders. That was categorized as around $10 to $15 billion a year in California alone in 2003. ever read of home many southern california hospitals have shut down because services rendered to illegals?

You are not going to convince me they are an addition to local economies when the numbers I see are outgoing numbers. You can only support so many type of workers in an economy. You can not keep piling in unlimited numbers of low skilled workers unless you want a permanent slave labor class that eventually cuts the knees out from under the traditional middle class worker. That is what had happened in the construction and other industries.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-19-2017, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:

If Pedro in not here to send the money away, it is already a savings. Pedro's kids are not in the school system where california had manditory class room sizes. Pedro is not here to have children who then vote for extra pay from the middle class through handouts. The voting trend in California due to this has allowed the democrats to have a super majority in the state. They are now ramming taxes down our throat without the public having any say in it. The list keeps going with ways that it pays for itself.

At the end of the day due to democrats collusion on illegal immigration, California will never vote Republican again. Not in the next 100 years more than likely. While I am extremely disappointed in the national democrat party, it am smart enough to realize it takes two wings to fly so it is good to have opposition views. California has eliminated that opposition. You have socialists running one of the worlds largest economies.
Do you have an issue with off-shore accounts? I don't recall you rallying against them.
Old    deltahoosier            07-19-2017, 1:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do you have an issue with off-shore accounts? I don't recall you rallying against them.
They are legal and democrats do a great job of putting their money in them since they are "children of the world". People have freedom to do with their money as they choose if they paid their taxes. What I rally for is an environment that does not force money off shore.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-19-2017, 2:11 PM Reply   
Anyone who still supports Trump: Trump could crap in your mouth and you'd be angry that you wouldn't be able to cheer.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-19-2017, 4:29 PM Reply   
Speaking of off-shore accounts...Did you hear who else was at Donnie jr's meeting?
Not the 6 of them, not 7 but 8. Way to be transparent Donnie.
The 8th guy is Ike Kaveladze, back in the day he ran a company that laundered 1.4 Billion for russians and other eastern europeans. He was the reason they changed banking rules so that banks had to "know your customer".
http://heavy.com/news/2017/07/ike-ka...ting-agalarov/

More drip, drip, drip. Cover-up is worse than the crime sometimes. Trump should know.
Rod,It doesnt matter if YOU care or not about taxreturns. I said he lied. He did. They still havnt tapped trumps phones and he still hasnt released his tax returns.
The meeting was not set up by foreign agents, it was set up by trumps friend, Rob Goldstone. Read for content.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-19-2017, 7:37 PM Reply   
Stop me if you've heard this one...

A lawyer, a mob boss, a spy, and a money launderer walk into a bar... The bartender says: "You guys must be here to talk about adoption..."
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-19-2017, 9:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Apparently you are ignoring dwell time of money in a local economy for the first part of your argument then went on to try and explain dwell time of money in a local economy. Everything you said is the same except there is over $25 billion a year not changing hands in the local economy.

The houses would be rented regardless of the illegals and there is more to a dwelling anyway so that is a non argument. The state/ local government would get the taxes no matter what because someone owns the house and always will unless it is turned over to the state.

Someone profitting from his labor would still profit from someone elses labor only they would actually have to pay the going rate. Projects need to get done so the money will be spent regardless. Considering the savings rate in the country, only the real rich are saving anyway and they usually do it in the stock market which is an international institution. If a rich person really needs to get a project done, they can pay the middle class rate and get more of the money into the local economy. If a middle class person does it, statistically they will spend the money else where anyway.

You fail to address the amount of money the is spent on education, medical, and in large numbers prison for violent offenders. That was categorized as around $10 to $15 billion a year in California alone in 2003. ever read of home many southern california hospitals have shut down because services rendered to illegals?

You are not going to convince me they are an addition to local economies when the numbers I see are outgoing numbers. You can only support so many type of workers in an economy. You can not keep piling in unlimited numbers of low skilled workers unless you want a permanent slave labor class that eventually cuts the knees out from under the traditional middle class worker. That is what had happened in the construction and other industries.
Can you succinctly (two sentences max) explain how money presently being sent to mexico will build a wall? That's all I'm asking for. I'll argue all of your other points later, but for now, just 'splain how $25B in remittances will turn into $25B of wall funding. How does ALL of that money get into the hands of the feds (not state and local governments)? How do the feds effectively tax that money at 100%?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-19-2017, 11:35 PM Reply   
Don't forget to point out how effective the $40b wall is against a $10 rope and ladder.....
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-19-2017, 11:47 PM Reply   
Bipartisan unhappiness with Trump's latest move on civil forfeiture (maybe Obama actually did something right?). Curious how the conservative small-govt folks feel about this one.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-civil/534168/
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-20-2017, 8:14 AM Reply   
Maybe Grant or Dennis can suss this one out for us:

"How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said, ‘Thanks, Jeff, but I’m not going to take you."

This was like 50 scandals ago, but if memory serves, didn't Sessions only recuse himself after it was discovered that he'd failed to disclose that he'd met with Kislyak during the campaign?

How the heck could he have known when he agreed to take the job that he was going to eventually be forced to recuse himself?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2017, 9:23 AM Reply   
LOL, AG Sessions vows to remain in job that no one wants him in. That's kind of like stalking a chick that is repelled by you. Apparently the man has no self respect. Which would have likely been the last place he'd find any.
Old    deltahoosier            07-20-2017, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Speaking of off-shore accounts...Did you hear who else was at Donnie jr's meeting?
Not the 6 of them, not 7 but 8. Way to be transparent Donnie.
The 8th guy is Ike Kaveladze, back in the day he ran a company that laundered 1.4 Billion for russians and other eastern europeans. He was the reason they changed banking rules so that banks had to "know your customer".
http://heavy.com/news/2017/07/ike-ka...ting-agalarov/

More drip, drip, drip. Cover-up is worse than the crime sometimes. Trump should know.
Rod,It doesnt matter if YOU care or not about taxreturns. I said he lied. He did. They still havnt tapped trumps phones and he still hasnt released his tax returns.
The meeting was not set up by foreign agents, it was set up by trumps friend, Rob Goldstone. Read for content.
Well good luck with your fantasy....
Old    deltahoosier            07-20-2017, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Don't forget to point out how effective the $40b wall is against a $10 rope and ladder.....
You do realize that there is expansive wall on the boarder right now right? The 10 dollar rope ladder is not want is being used. They are actually doing expensive mining operations to go underground.
Old    deltahoosier            07-20-2017, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe Grant or Dennis can suss this one out for us:

"How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said, ‘Thanks, Jeff, but I’m not going to take you."

This was like 50 scandals ago, but if memory serves, didn't Sessions only recuse himself after it was discovered that he'd failed to disclose that he'd met with Kislyak during the campaign?

How the heck could he have known when he agreed to take the job that he was going to eventually be forced to recuse himself?
That is why it is a throw away sentence because he could not have known. Kind of like saying if our founding fathers knew there were going to be democrats, why should be even bother with the revolution. Had no way of knowing and really has no meaning. All this Jerry Springer garbage you guys care about.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-20-2017, 9:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
That is why it is a throw away sentence because he could not have known. Kind of like saying if our founding fathers knew there were going to be democrats, why should be even bother with the revolution. Had no way of knowing and really has no meaning. All this Jerry Springer garbage you guys care about.
Which would totally be reasonable if the President himself had not gone on and on to the failing new york times after that sentence to elaborate on his complaint about how Sessions isn't doing his bidding.

you can listen to the ridiculous audio here: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/u...ns-russia.html

It's pretty clear that Trump is more obsessed over the Russia stuff than the media are.