Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-07-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
Are they still in business? I have left messages with them the past 2 weeks and also e-mailed them earlier this week with no response. Just wondering if anyone knows if they are swamped or out of business?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
Somewhere I read that the owner was sick &/or in the hospital. Have you tried Cory at Evolution?

Edit: Here is the thread

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on October 07, 2009)
Old     (marknjenn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-07-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
Flashback! Just keep calling. Or call one of there neighbors and ask them if they are still there. It took 4 months to get my cover. Great quality though.
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-07-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Yeah good luck that guy is slow! I will be up there next week I can run by and see if they are still around
Old    pdxWAKE.com            10-07-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
I would kill for his hours!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-07-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
I see they keep posting in stock covers for cheap on craigslist so somebody has to be there. Do yourself a favor and call Cory if you wan t atop quality cover. He will either answer the phone or get right back to you. Why in the hell would you want to do business with someone who never returns calls or is impossible to get a hold of. I believe that has been the main knock on Rankin for years now.
Old     (marknjenn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-07-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
They some patterns that Evolution doesn't. Only reason for me.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-07-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
Mark hit the nail on the head. I have talked with Cory and would love to have an Evolution cover, but driving to Seattle to have him measure our boat isn't an option unfortunately.

Thanks for the link Bill K

(Message edited by jetskiprosx on October 07, 2009)
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-07-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
Cory calls dealers in the area to see if they have a boat on the lot to fit, he usually comes out the next day to fit, even if it is a boat in for service, great product plus customer service is top notch!

Fyi, I have some extra custom covers here for sale,

MC pro star 190 no tower
Moomba Outback no tower
Supra Santera No tower
Some older Maristar covers

www.gonnasonboats.com
253-852-5336

(Message edited by supra on October 07, 2009)
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-07-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
Hmmm...Cory never mentioned (I didn't ask) that he goes to local dealers and measures boats on their lots. I will have to check to see if there are any Sanger dealers in the Seattle area, and then give Cory a call.

Thanks Kevin!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-07-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
Patrick, unfortunately the closest Sanger dealer to Corey is 2.5 hours south in Longview WA.

Maybe with some help from the guys at the Sanger Dealer in Longview they can track down a customer in the Seattle area with a V230. Either that or maybe Corey could take a road trip to Longview and measure a V210, V215, V230 and V237 at The Pro Shop.

You might actually have better luck doing that than getting a hold of Rankin.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-07-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
I may be out of line, but why are you unable to trailer the boat from Salem to Seattle? Too me, an evolution cover is well worth the drive and really it only needs to be there over night. Plus, if he has your boat on hand it becomes first priority (at least that's how he did mine last fall). He'll have the boat and the new cover back to you the next day. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-07-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
Patrick, if you do that he may also give you some sort of a discount because he would be getting a new pattern as well. It may pay for the gas to get up there or a cheap hotel to stay a night in. Go see the people throw some fish, ride the ferry, go shopping at westlake center. Just tell you wife it is a romantic getaway weekend.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
Or convince Cory that he could make one road trip to recruit a new dealer who can sell a few covers for him...... and convince the Sanger dealer that Evolution covers are the only way to go. Shouldn't be a tough sell and I'm sure you'd have no problem getting references.
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-07-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
The Pro Shop and a place called the "Top Shop"( I think that is what it is) in Longview make sweet covers for their Sangers--they probably have the specs already.
jg.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-07-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
Why not buy a top shop cover then?
Old    mendo247            11-02-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
Any news on a Sanger cover? I'd love to pick up a nice cover!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
Coop, mine is from the Top Shop too but I don't think they have patterns for them. I had an issue with one and Don at The Pro Shop had to bring another boat over with my same tower for them. Things may have changed though. Their covers are awesome, I love mine.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-02-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
What happened to the post about Rankin covers going out of business?
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-02-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
I stopped calling/e-mailing after starting this thread. Once I read through the responses on this thread as well as others I lost all interest in doing business with Rankin. Been really busy, but looking at a few options from other cover makers.