Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-26-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
If you lived in an area with lots of rain would you get tower speakers with a quick release so you could take them off the tower when the boat is not in use?.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-26-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
John - I read your post and kinda chuckled. I live in the Pacific NW and today looked like one of those dark, nasty days and it was 11am. Talk about yuk! With that in mind, I'd be more worried about leaving my whole boat outside to get an extra inch of water than how the tower speakers look on Noah's Ark.

But hey, with this in mind your question is somewhat rhetorical. Yea sure, yank those babies off and keep them dry.

On a sincere note, there is only so much any manufacturer's can do to make a weather resistant speaker. We can use plastics, or spun aluminum or stainless steel enclosures but at the end of the day, no speaker is waterproof. Water resistant sure... but best advise is to take them down if at all possible. Protects against the thieves tooooo, because those buggers always come out on the dark nasty nights.

peace!

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-26-2009, 11:22 PM Reply   
no way, cover them and forget them. The last thing I want is a speaker that needs to be removed every time it's going to rain
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-27-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
Brian, do you have any pictures of the XM7 speakers on an Enzo Evolution tower?
Old     (lasikhouse)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-27-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
John,
Having to remove anything on a boat when it rains is not the point.
Since we store our boat at a marina, I like the idea of being able to simply remove the tower speakers. I really like the ability to easily rotate them front or side to get sound to us out floating in a cove without blasting anyone hanging on the sunpad.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       10-27-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
Yeah Great Idea lets make the speakers Easy to come off so thoses buggers can take them. Way to use your head...
Old     (lasikhouse)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-27-2009, 7:29 PM Reply   
Easy to come off so you can store them out of sight and/or put them in a locked compartment or dock box...same thing we do with our boards...which is using the noggin.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-27-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
My buddy always took his off after each outing so they wouldn't get stolen...to bad he left em in a compartment undercover in the boat cuz they were stolen all the same.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-28-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
I'm surprised there's so much talk about protecting your gear from weather or theft. I cant speak for other companies but at Exile we thought it was a pretty dang good idea to design our speakers so you can easily remove them for storage. A lot of guys store their boats in a marina i.e. Nick, and it just makes sense. For those guys that store their boat in a home garage and have to drop their tower, its also a nice thing...

Hate: Is this the same guy that wrecked your trailer? If so you got questionable friends bro! (jokes)

Dave: Theft can happen no matter what we all do install wise. I do get your thinking, but on the XM7 you can lock it down with the supplied tool and "fix" the mount, or you can allow it to swivel/quick disconnection. You can do this with either the universal mount or the Malibu direct fit mount.

John: I'll PM you a pic or two of the Enzo set up

Peace all

Brian
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-28-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
LOL, no this guy wouldn't have F'd up my trailer.