Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-25-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
Has anyone just bought HLCDs and put them into their own enclosure? I have an enclosure that currently houses 4 6x9s. I'm thinking of just covering the original speaker cut-outs and cutting new holes for a pair of HLCDs... any thoughts? Do they need just the right amount of cubic space? Does the enclosure have to be sealed/ported? Should the enclosure be stiff, or can the walls flex?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-25-2009, 6:25 PM Reply   
got pics of the enclosure?
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-25-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
yup. The enclosure is devided right down the middle into two sides
Upload
Upload
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-25-2009, 8:17 PM Reply   
It would be easier to reuse that box. I would think new HLCD'S time for a new look on the box.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-26-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
Yep, I put 2 6.5 inch mid bass drivers and 2 HLCD's in the regular chrome style cans...sounds pretty good. It is hard to get them tuned correctly, but get good crossovers and understand how you need to set them up! Good luck.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
OT: Hows P90x going?
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-26-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
Hate-
good eyes! P90X is tough.. really tough but it works. Only problem is the diet is kinda spendy. There's a lot of food to buy and we all know that healthy food is a lot more expensive than candy!

Aaron and KJ-
Thanks for the input. I think I might give the old box a try. If all else fails, I can always buy some cans.