Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-02-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
I was able to go out on an X-35 Mastercraft a few weeks ago. We went to my local lake (Quail Creek Reservior) on a sunny Wednesday morning. Conditions were perfect.

Many of you might remember that I received a hassle from the dealer about requiring a deposit, signed bill of sale and other nonsense before doing a demo. They called back and apologized for the mixup and offered to take me out no questions asked. So I decided to take them up on the offer.

Justin, our sales and demo guy was terrific and met us at the ramp early in the morning. He brought the X-35 they have here locally. It is a gorgeous silver metal flake boat with marroon bottom and accents.

The interior was typical Mastercraft. It was very comfortable and remarkably deep. It felt like riding in a 25 foot I/O. It tends to ride very high in the water and felt like the kids could run around and no one would fall out. The seats were sturdy, but soft, and there were no rattles or shakes whatsoever.

Whoever designed the current MC tower needs to be getting a raise. It feels like it belongs on the boat, not some afterthought. It is sturdy and the rotating board racks are superior to anything I have seen. The bimini is nicely integrated as well.

The wake was terrific. The best word for me is 'easy'. It has a nice long ramp and a little pop off the top that made it effortless to wakeboard behind even for this 6'9" washed up 40 year old.

The fridge is hard to get used to. It takes up a lot of space and would really have been nice to just have more seating there. THe fridge can be removed and then it would make a perfect little storage spot for garbage or whatever.

The only downside I can find on this boat is that it comes with a hefty pricetag, as do most MC models. The MSRP was quoted around 100K, and getting into the low 80's would be approachable for some dealers, I think.

my picture
my picture
my picture
my picture
my picture
my picture
my picture

forgive the fashion air, but we were just having a good time.